Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Future
I was workin on some baseball, and noticed that MLB.com has 3 Reds players in the Top 10 of it's prospects for this season, in Bruce, Votto, and Homer. If they all pan out, I really can't recall them having such a good young core of players without going back to the 70's. Hopefully they will give each of these guys the chance to stay around and prove themselves before ditching them. In a SP, 1B, and OF, that is a nice group of youngsters to have to build around for years to come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
its about time for the reds to make a comeback and stay back...theres nothing like going to a reds game in the late fall, great atmosphere
Hopefully they let them stick around long enough to prove themselves and not trade them off like usual.
If they start to do good they will be traded before Sep... True Story...
Jus saw where Reds are looking into signing Kenny Lofton. Another roadblock for Bruce if they go this route. Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Jus saw where Reds are looking into signing Kenny Lofton. Another roadblock for Bruce if they go this route. Sad
WTF?!?! Well I guess Cincy is the only team he hasnt played for...lol Anyways, Lofton is old and while he still has some game left in him, why would you want to set a younger kid who can devolop for some old man?
:Thumbs: Way to go Reds front office....
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Jus saw where Reds are looking into signing Kenny Lofton. Another roadblock for Bruce if they go this route. Sad

I really don't have a problem with the Reds bringing Lofton into camp, as long as he is not guaranteed a spot on the roster. Hopefully he is there only as an insurance policy, in case Bruce isn't ready yet.

To be honest, I am as high on Jay Bruce as anybody, but if he can't beat out an old fart like Kenny Lofton during spring training, then he apparently isn't ready for the bigs just yet.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Plus you can't forget that when the Reds traded off Losche (sp?) they picked up the Phillies #1 prospect pitcher. The Reds have some talent in their farm leagues that is for sure.