Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Genome Research/stem Cells
Is it possible to "play" god? Is it playing "god" to stop the bleeding of a car wreck victim? Because, surely, if no human intervention occurs, the person will die; thus, it must be "god's" will for that person to die? No, no...they say...it is not playing "god" to try and save life. Well, what is stem cell research? ...the bottom line of the genome project is not to clone sheep, but to unlock some mysterious DNA codes that certain destructive genes and tendencies within the human family might be overcome.
thecavemaster Wrote:Is it possible to "play" god? Is it playing "god" to stop the bleeding of a car wreck victim? Because, surely, if no human intervention occurs, the person will die; thus, it must be "god's" will for that person to die? No, no...they say...it is not playing "god" to try and save life. Well, what is stem cell research? ...the bottom line of the genome project is not to clone sheep, but to unlock some mysterious DNA codes that certain destructive genes and tendencies within the human family might be overcome.

For the most part I'm with you on this subject.
I think people way overdue the "Playing God" thoughts. In my opinion, if God didn't want us to be able to do these types of medical procedures and research (as well as many other things), he wouldn't have given us the brain's ability, thought process, and creativeness to do it.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:I think people way overdue the "Playing God" thoughts. In my opinion, if God didn't want us to be able to do these types of medical procedures and research (as well as many other things), he wouldn't have given us the brain's ability, thought process, and creativeness to do it.
I agree with you mostly, but he also allowed the brain to be creative enough to commit evil crimes, that could be premeditated such as murder. But I don't think that makes murder ok. But I agree with you about medical research.