Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alge Crumpler to the Bengals?
I've been saying our best bet is a three-wide set with Watson in the backfield running wide, off-tackle, and coming out of the backfield.

Picture this now: Alge Crumpler at tight end......... he's old, but I still think he has a few years left in his tank.

Hear me out on this: the Bengals are re-committing to the run, which he's an amazing blocker, and committing to the run more would open up play-action, which he's a great receiver, too. Passing downs- he'd be a great option to go up the seam, short crossing routes, curls, or short across the middle.

I think they'd be nuts not to sign him, and he's 30(?) or 31(?), so he can't be expecting to get a long contract for a lot of money.

Objections?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I'd prefer to see the Vikings go after him, but he'll be a great addition to any team he joins. He seems to have always been a top notch teammate and team player.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Sounds like a good idea
Alge Crumpler is one of the Top 3 Tight Ends in the NFL, and he has been for the last few seasons. He is just under rated. The Bengals should definately look in to picking him up because Reggie Kelly just isn't a solid TE.
Never heard of him.
RavenBoy Wrote:Never heard of him.

He's a football player: plays tight end; went to North Carolina; drafted in 2001 in the second round by the Atlanta Falcons; four-time Pro Bowler; and one **** of a checkers player.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
well the definately someone, might as well pick him up!
RedSeal Wrote:well the definately someone, might as well pick him up!

huh???
I believe he was going for "They definitely need someone, might as well pick him up!"
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:I believe he was going for "They definitely need someone, might as well pick him up!"

Now that you say that I feel stupid for not picking it up.

Anyways, I agree that even if they didn't need someone, he'd still be a great pick-up.