• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th regions top 10 teams
just wanted to know your thoughts on the 10 teams in the 15th
1.paintsville
2.lawrence
3.johnson central
4.pikeville
5.belfry
1. Lawrence Co. Has to be the favorite losing just one starter off of a regional finalist team
2. Paintsville Still have Grimm and they always hit well
3. JC Regional Champion but lost 2 stud pitchers but return 6 starters
4. Pikeville Had several good yound players last year
5. Belfry Always competitive but has to contend with football too much
6. P-burg Could make some noise with Hughes and Rodebough(sp)
7. Sheldon Clark Sneaky good
8. Allen Cent. Could struggle if Little doesn't pitch
9. Pike Cent./Phelps Each have a decent lefty
10. Magoffin Co. Getting better
Eagleball Wrote:1. Lawrence Co. Has to be the favorite losing just one starter off of a regional finalist team
2. Paintsville Still have Grimm and they always hit well
3. JC Regional Champion but lost 2 stud pitchers but return 6 starters
4. Pikeville Had several good yound players last year
5. Belfry Always competitive but has to contend with football too much
6. P-burg Could make some noise with Hughes and Rodebough(sp)
7. Sheldon Clark Sneaky good
8. Allen Cent. Could struggle if Little doesn't pitch
9. Pike Cent./Phelps Each have a decent lefty
10. Magoffin Co. Getting better

very good list, but i think i would throw east ridge in there before i would magoffin...i also think they are better than your last 4 listed, i think i would have them at 6 or 7
I agree with the top 4 then it becomes a toss up with p-burg and belfrey
besides rodebaugh and dotson do either of these teams have pitching??

Don't know all that much about east ridge....

allen central has a few good players....but will struggle without little

phelps has dillon stiltner....really good lefty...but that's about all...

no comment on magoffin.
OMG Wrote:very good list, but i think i would throw east ridge in there before i would magoffin...i also think they are better than your last 4 listed, i think i would have them at 6 or 7

You're right East Ridge does disserve to be there, but no higher than 6. I do know they have a pretty good catcher.
belfry has robert lee runyon, shane williamson, and ryan preston as pitchers.
richy_rich_09 Wrote:belfry has robert lee runyon, shane williamson, and ryan preston as pitchers.

???what??? this is about who you think is the top 10 in the region not pitchers..
OMG Wrote:???what??? this is about who you think is the top 10 in the region not pitchers..
Read a little, someone asked about Belphy pitching.
don't want to post without some facts but since it seems to irritate ome of youthen here they are imo

1.Lawrence County
2.Paintsville
3.Johnson Central
4. Pikeville
5.Belfry
6.Sheldon Clark - Don't count out Mike Hall any season.
7.Allen Central - With Scotty Little.
8.Prestonsburg
9.Pike Central
10.East Ridge
INSIGHT Wrote:don't want to post without some facts but since it seems to irritate ome of youthen here they are imo

1.Lawrence County
2.Paintsville
3.Johnson Central
4. Pikeville
5.Belfry
8.Prestonsburg
9.Pike Central
10.East Ridge

nice list but imo i would move up east ridge above the last 3
OMG Wrote:nice list but imo i would move up east ridge above the last 3

ok ...don't know much about east ridge but imo the last 3-5 are a toss up:Thumbs:
INSIGHT Wrote:don't want to post without some facts but since it seems to irritate ome of youthen here they are imo

1.Lawrence County
2.Paintsville
3.Johnson Central
4. Pikeville
5.Belfry
8.Prestonsburg
9.Pike Central
10.East Ridge

IMO belfry ahead of pikeville, SC should be about 9. p-burg allen and ER should be ahead of them.
INSIGHT Wrote:ok ...don't know much about east ridge but imo the last 3-5 are a toss up:Thumbs:

east ridge will be very solid this year and will surprise a lot of people i think

1.Lawrence County
2.Paintsville
3.Johnson Central
4. Pikeville
5.Belfry
8.Prestonsburg
9.Pike Central
10.East Ridge
I like the list. I think any and of the last 3 can make a good underated team..especailly pike central only losing 2 seniors last year
SpOrTsFaNaTiC711 Wrote:I like the list. I think any and of the last 3 can make a good underated team..especailly pike central only losing 2 seniors last year

i still think east ridge is better than the last 5
Belfry, IMP
I think ER may surprise alot of teams this year...they are pretty solid, lead by there ace Tyler Hylton on the mount, they also have some pretty decent hitters in the lineup. I think the skys the limit for the warriors this year.....lookin forward to watching their district play this year..
baseballfan606 Wrote:I think ER may surprise alot of teams this year...they are pretty solid, lead by there ace Tyler Hylton on the mount, they also have some pretty decent hitters in the lineup. I think the skys the limit for the warriors this year.....lookin forward to watching their district play this year..

well i do agree they will surprise some people but "skys the limit" is a little too much, i think they have a chance of upsetting some teams who may over look them, but right now i dont think they have the ability to make a run in the region or anything..
BELFRY!!! Good Coaches and alot of talent. Watch out!!!
Kyle5_88 Wrote:BELFRY!!! Good Coaches and alot of talent. Watch out!!!

watch out for what exactly?
1.Lawrence County
2.Paintsville
3.Pikeville
4.Johnson county
5.Belfry
6.Sheldon Clark -
7.Prestonsburg
8.Pike Central
9.East Ridge
10.Allen Central- will be a higher ranking if Scott Little recovers.
chief43 Wrote:1.Lawrence County
2.Paintsville
3.Pikeville
4.Johnson county
5.Belfry
6.Sheldon Clark -
7.Prestonsburg
8.Pike Central
9.East Ridge
10.Allen Central- will be a higher ranking if Scott Little recovers.

i think regardless of little allen central will struggle because its not softball, he cant pitch every game...thats what got him to surgery in the first place
INSIGHT Wrote:I agree with the top 4 then it becomes a toss up with p-burg and belfrey
besides rodebaugh and dotson do either of these teams have pitching??

Don't know all that much about east ridge....

allen central has a few good players....but will struggle without little

phelps has dillon stiltner....really good lefty...but that's about all...

no comment on magoffin.

I wonder where you have gotten your information? I have watched almost all of the boys who are going to participate in the program at Phelps this year and I can tell you that they have more than 1 child on the team. BY NO MEANS am I taking anything what so ever from Dillon he is an excellent ballplayer........BUT..... I can name you about 5 to 7 more boys who are VERY talented that are going to be on this team! Not to mention there will be some decent talent on the bench just young!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:I wonder where you have gotten your information? I have watched almost all of the boys who are going to participate in the program at Phelps this year and I can tell you that they have more than 1 child on the team. BY NO MEANS am I taking anything what so ever from Dillon he is an excellent ballplayer........BUT..... I can name you about 5 to 7 more boys who are VERY talented that are going to be on this team! Not to mention there will be some decent talent on the bench just young!!!

how did they end the season last year? what was their record?
Final record was 12-10 and 7-7 in the region.........

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ction_name=

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Final record was 12-10 and 7-7 in the region.........

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ction_name=

WHY DIDNT THEY PLAY MORE GAMES?...MOST TEAMS ARE ALWAYS PLAYING ATLEAST 30 TO 35...JUST WONDERING IF THERE WAS A SPECIFIC REASON..
1. Paintsville- by the time that it is all said and done.
2. Lawrence- loaded with seniors.
3. Pikeville
4. JC
I am gonna go about the same route as most on here, with a couple changes.
1. Paintsville
2. Lawrence
3. JC
4. Pikeville
5. Prestonsburg
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Allen Central
8. East Ridge
9. Belfry
10. Phelps
That is jus on the overall season. When it comes to tourney time, I am looking for Paintsville, JC, Pikeville and Prestonsburg to be the final 4 in region tourney.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Guys you can predict all you want I agrre with Paintsville, J.C. and L.C. after that it is all hopes and wants. I am a Belfry fan and I can easily see Belfry as high as 4th. The season will be what tells us in the end. I have heard some people on here saying stuff about their teams and for them to do as well as they are saying they would of had to make dramatic improvements. I know I sound the same way but in Belfry's defense this is the year Belfry's little league started producing talent that won in the all-star tournaments. Last year could've been good but Belfry had no leadership from our seniors when we needed down the stretch. So lets wait and see but I think we will compete