Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavericks and Nets reach deal.... J.Kidd to the Mavs!!
What do you think?
First off it's about time! They've been trying to make this deal work for a few weeks now. Mavs got an experienced leader, playoff veteran and a playmaker who can only make Dirk, Josh Howard and Jason Terry better, but the problem is they gave up a lot for him, Devin Harris, Diop, a retired Keith Van Horn and a draft pick I think. The west is loading up for the long run.
I honestly think this was a dumb trade for the Mavericks...Jason Kidd is good an all but Devin Harris is by no means a slouch. The Nets got a steal in the whole trade and will help them in the long run.
Charlie Wrote:I honestly think this was a dumb trade for the Mavericks...Jason Kidd is good an all but Devin Harris is by no means a slouch. The Nets got a steal in the whole trade and will help them in the long run.

What in the **** are you on man? Kidd is a 10x better player than Harris will ever be. He can dish the ball like no one ever has. He is a guarentee double-double every night, if not a triple-double. How in the world can you say he's just "good and all". I don't know how the Nets got a steal at all, the only player that has a future is Harris and the trade was pretty much just J. Kidd for Harris. None of those other players really matter all that much. The Mavericks come out so much better in this deal. Kidd makes everyone better, he will make his teammates alot better than they actually are.
vundy33 Wrote:What in the **** are you on man? Kidd is a 10x better player than Harris will ever be. He can dish the ball like no one ever has. He is a guarentee double-double every night, if not a triple-double. How in the world can you say he's just "good and all". I don't know how the Nets got a steal at all, the only player that has a future is Harris and the trade was pretty much just J. Kidd for Harris. None of those other players really matter all that much. The Mavericks come out so much better in this deal. Kidd makes everyone better, he will make his teammates alot better than they actually are.

Dude, Jason Kidd is 35 years old, getting paid 20 million dollars...No way he is worth it. The Mavs, gave up way too much to get Kidd. Not only did they give up Harris and Diop, but they got 2 1st round draft pick and 3 million cash. Not to mention a couple more guys off the bench to help them out. By the way didnt Devin Harris take them to the finals just 2 years ago. J-Kidd will not make them that much better, you will see. He woud have to win it all in which wont happen because the Mavs are not even the 4th best team in the West with him..... The Nets are going to be better off simple as that...
Charlie Wrote:Dude, Jason Kidd is 35 years old, getting paid 20 million dollars...No way he is worth it. The Mavs, gave up way too much to get Kidd. Not only did they give up Harris and Diop, but they got 2 1st round draft pick and 3 million cash. Not to mention a couple more guys off the bench to help them out. By the way didnt Devin Harris take them to the finals just 2 years ago. J-Kidd will not make them that much better, you will see. He woud have to win it all in which wont happen because the Mavs are not even the 4th best team in the West with him..... The Nets are going to be better off simple as that...

How can you say the Nets are better off? The Mavericks already had a much better team and just took the Nets best passer, and playmaker for basicly nothing.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:How can you say the Nets are better off? The Mavericks already had a much better team and just took the Nets best passer, and playmaker for basicly nothing.

This trade was absolutely pointless. The Mavs are not going to be much better. They are by no means going to win the west. As i have stated before the Mavs with Kidd are not even the 4th best team in the west. I dont know if you noticed but the Mavs lost with Jason Kidd last night against New Orleans, and the New Jersey won last night without Kidd...