Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville College Baseball
Anyone know anything about how Pikeville College has started out yet? Their web-site does not give any information on the team at all. They have no roster posted and list no stats. Doesn't even give information on whether they have won or lost. Anybody know?
I'm a coach at PC and we are definately struggling to say the least. We have had a few injuries to starters and have youth in other positions which hurt no matter where you are at. Basic fundamental errors are killing us more than anything along with a shortage of pitching. I think that things will turn around though. As of yesterday our record is 0-6 (being swept all 4 last weekend at King and then dropping 2 to V.I.) and we take the field again today at Union College.
One of my good friends plays there in Jon Adams. He is going to be a great player for Pikeville and will help them in the future! Keep working hard Bears!
IRISH4 Wrote:I'm a coach at PC and we are definately struggling to say the least. We have had a few injuries to starters and have youth in other positions which hurt no matter where you are at. Basic fundamental errors are killing us more than anything along with a shortage of pitching. I think that things will turn around though. As of yesterday our record is 0-6 (being swept all 4 last weekend at King and then dropping 2 to V.I.) and we take the field again today at Union College.

Thanks for the info, and good luck the rest of the season.
good luck bears!! i think it will take a few years to get back on track after the recruiting fiasco at the end of lemasters reign...hopefully they can turn it around in the next couple of years
OMG Wrote:good luck bears!! i think it will take a few years to get back on track after the recruiting fiasco at the end of lemasters reign...hopefully they can turn it around in the next couple of years
Just saw on Union's website that that they dropped two today at Union. Lost the first game on a 7th inning walkoff homerun 1-0. They only had one hit in the first game. Second game they were defeated 10-0 on a 5 inning no-hit shutout. Oh well.
Good luck Bears.
I hope the Bears can get back on track! Good Luck rest of the season!!!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just saw on Union's website that that they dropped two today at Union. Lost the first game on a 7th inning walkoff homerun 1-0. They only had one hit in the first game. Second game they were defeated 10-0 on a 5 inning no-hit shutout. Oh well.

i hate to hear that im really not sure what would be a quick fix for them at this point for this season...what do you think should happen with this team?
OMG Wrote:i hate to hear that im really not sure what would be a quick fix for them at this point for this season...what do you think should happen with this team?

Just keep working I guess. Perhaps they'll get things turned around here shortly.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just keep working I guess. Perhaps they'll get things turned around here shortly.

i guess your right its pretty simple....but you know the saying.."if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got" i hope they turn things around, im sure once they get more comfortable with each other and learn to play together they will start to compete a little better....
OMG Wrote:i guess your right its pretty simple....but you know the saying.."if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got" i hope they turn things around, im sure once they get more comfortable with each other and learn to play together they will start to compete a little better....

I dont know how simple it will be , looks like they had another tough day again today. They were beaten by Rio Grande 4-0 and then beaten again by Union by a score of 8-0. I dont know how many hits they had in each game, but that's 4 straight games without scoring a run.
Rough weekend, we definately have a lot of improvement before conference starts.
I can remember watching the Bears play baseball in the early 1990's. I have not been in the area for awhile, but I had a friend who had a son that played on those teams. Those teams could play really well. I remember them beating Campbellsville, Cumberland, and Georgetown. Roy Cutright was their coach and Robert Staggs was the assistant. It was a real good group to watch. I hate to hear of the struggles of the program. I sure hope the College is not letting the program go for the sake of others. Baseball sure has been a forgotten sport in some places, hope it has not happen here because a lot of good players came from there
i even remember, i think it was 2001 i had a friend from high school who played there, realy good player, and they broke the record for school wins in a season and made it pretty deep in the conference...im just not sure whats going on at this point..