Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barack Obama
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:It's hard to believe that Wright was Obama's pastor for 20 years and he never heard him say anything out of line.
:thumpsup: It does make you wonder doesn't it!! Either he doesn't go to this church as much as he says or he has heard it. Either way it would appear that he is being less than truthful about one or the other!!

I don't love any of the candidates this time! But I'd have to take Clinton or McCain over Obama. He just has too many unresolved issues hanging with him that make me uncomfortable.
EKY Sportster Wrote::thumpsup: It does make you wonder doesn't it!! Either he doesn't go to this church as much as he says or he has heard it. Either way it would appear that he is being less than truthful about one or the other!!

I don't love any of the candidates this time! But I'd have to take Clinton or McCain over Obama. He just has too many unresolved issues hanging with him that make me uncomfortable.
What exactly are these "Unresolved Issues" of which you speak?
RavenBoy Wrote:Gotta go with the Republican.
The Republican doesn't know the difference between Shia and Sunni!

He is a patriot and a real American Icon but too old and senile to be President in times like these.
I don't like the fact that Obama won't wear an american flag pin; didn't know about his preacher's radical position; not convinced about his support for Israel; not convinced about his experience level; and some other matters. I don't think people should vote for Obama just because of his race or because of his great speaking ability. You should only vote for him if you think he is the best person for the job and the country and I'm not convinced of this at this time. JMO but shared by many others. Not saying the other two candidates are that much better, but I have a better comfort level with them. Lets just say the lesser of 3 bad choices.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I don't like the fact that Obama won't wear an american flag pin; didn't know about his preacher's radical position; not convinced about his support for Israel; not convinced about his experience level; and some other matters. I don't think people should vote for Obama just because of his race or because of his great speaking ability. You should only vote for him if you think he is the best person for the job and the country and I'm not convinced of this at this time. JMO but shared by many others. Not saying the other two candidates are that much better, but I have a better comfort level with them. Lets just say the lesser of 3 bad choices.

The thought that every politician has to wear a flag pin is absolutely ridiculous. Before 9-11 not many did on days other than Memorial Day and July 4th. The suggestion that wearing one is a sign of character is also ridiculous. Anyone can slap a pin on him or herself but it doesn't make them any more patriotic than the next person. The suggestion that it should be required is nothing less than Nationalism. Which is not to be confused with Patriotism. He plainly said that he disagrees with some of those things Rev Wright said. Have you never disagreed with your preacher before? Besides that, Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson said the same things about America after 9-11.
DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THAT??????

We must support Israel but blind support of Israel is not acceptable.
DevilsWin Wrote:The thought that every politician has to wear a flag pin is absolutely ridiculous. Before 9-11 not many did on days other than Memorial Day and July 4th. The suggestion that wearing one is a sign of character is also ridiculous. Anyone can slap a pin on him or herself but it doesn't make them any more patriotic than the next person. The suggestion that it should be required is nothing less than Nationalism. Which is not to be confused with Patriotism. He plainly said that he disagrees with some of those things Rev Wright said. Have you never disagreed with your preacher before? Besides that, Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson said the same things about America after 9-11.

Great post.
ballcrazy Wrote:Great post.
Thanks Ballcrazy!Big Grin
DevilsWin Wrote:The thought that every politician has to wear a flag pin is absolutely ridiculous. Before 9-11 not many did on days other than Memorial Day and July 4th. The suggestion that wearing one is a sign of character is also ridiculous. Anyone can slap a pin on him or herself but it doesn't make them any more patriotic than the next person. The suggestion that it should be required is nothing less than Nationalism. Which is not to be confused with Patriotism. He plainly said that he disagrees with some of those things Rev Wright said. Have you never disagreed with your preacher before? Besides that, Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson said the same things about America after 9-11.

Great post DW.

It's just convenient for the right wingers to forget about the absurd comments made by Robertson and Falwell. Blaming gays and the ALCU for 9/11 is ridiculous, but no one made a huge issue about it. McCain also said that those two where "agents of intolerance", but now he has seemed to forget about all that is fully behind them now. where is the outrage about that?
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Great post DW.

It's just convenient for the right wingers to forget about the absurd comments made by Robertson and Falwell. Blaming gays and the ALCU for 9/11 is ridiculous, but no one made a huge issue about it. McCain also said that those two where "agents of intolerance", but now he has seemed to forget about all that is fully behind them now. where is the outrage about that?
To support McCain; and to proclaim that your non-support of Obama is because of that issue is nothing less than hypocrisy!

i also think this is a great post because you can't say the thing about the American Flag pin because doYOU wear a american flag pin whenever you go out to public places?Rolleyes
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Great post DW.

oh don't forget Fred "gay basher" Phelps he thinks the gays are to blame for literly EVERYTHING
It Has Been Rumored That Obama will be making a visit to Ashland on his campaign trail. Should be interesting to see if this is true! I should know shortly if it is or not!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:It Has Been Rumored That Obama will be making a visit to Ashland on his campaign trail. Should be interesting to see if this is true! I should know shortly if it is or not!
He needs to come to Ashland!
I hope he does come to Ashland! I personally believe in his change for America. I know Obama is not popular in this part of our state,but I'll be voting for him on May 20!
Central Ram Wrote:I hope he does come to Ashland! I personally believe in his change for America. I know Obama is not popular in this part of our state,but I'll be voting for him on May 20!

So will I.
ballcrazy Wrote:So will I.

believe me if i were eightenn i would too...Big Grin
I ran across this article, some of you may find it a interesting read.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/trailhe...?GT1=38001
Alright everyone let's get serious about the 08 Presidential Election, here's how we can all show support for our chosen candidate.

There are less than seven months until the election, an election that will decide the next President of the United States. The person elected will be the president of all Americans, not just the Democrats or the Republicans. To show our solidarity as Americans, lets all get together and show each other our support for the candidate of our choice. It's time that we all come together Democrats and Republicans alike.

If you support the policies and charcter of John McCain, please drive with you headlights on during the day. If you support Obama or Hillary, please drive with your headlights off at night.
[FONT=Aria=][/FONT]

Old School Wrote:Alright everyone let's get serious about the 08 Presidential Election, here's how we can all show support for our chosen candidate.

There are less than seven months until the election, an election that will decide the next President of the United States. The person elected will be the president of all Americans, not just the Democrats or the Republicans. To show our solidarity as Americans, lets all get together and show each other our support for the candidate of our choice. It's time that we all come together Democrats and Republicans alike.

If you support the policies and charcter of John McCain, please drive with you headlights on during the day. If you support Obama or Hillary, please drive with your headlights off at night.
[FONT=Aria=][/FONT]

WTF????...lol

[Image: http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q319/.../obama.jpg]
YOU KNOW TRULY SENATOR CLINTON HAS NO MORE EXPERIENCE THEN A PASTERY CHEF AT THE WHITE HOUSE:lmao:

[Image: http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q319/.../obama.jpg]