Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDL's
How hard are the CDL test in Kentucky and where do they give them?
Well it just depends on where your at. The written test isnt that bad but the road test its a *****.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Paintsville is the only place I know that does the road test.
BurntTires Wrote:Paintsville is the only place I know that does the road test.

Road tests are not given in Paintsville any longer. They are given out on Route #80 just before you get to Garrett.
Batpuff Wrote:Well it just depends on where your at. The written test isnt that bad but the road test its a *****.
The road test is not all that bad. The pre-trip inspection is what gets everyone.
What class of CDL are you going to try to get?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
The road test is given at the intersection of rt. 80 and 680 that is about a mile from Allen central High School. Rt. 680 is the road that goes to the McDowell area.
The cheapest way and easiest way to get your class B is to apply for a job at a school system for a bus driver. They will help you get them, it will only cost you like 50 bucks at the most. The only drawback is that it is just for a class B. But if you had those, you can get your class A easier because it will be less on the CDL test that you have to take.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The cheapest way and easiest way to get your class B is to apply for a job at a school system for a bus driver. They will help you get them, it will only cost you like 50 bucks at the most. The only drawback is that it is just for a class B. But if you had those, you can get your class A easier because it will be less on the CDL test that you have to take.

But if you are wanting your class A what would be the point in doing it this way? Pay the money and take the test. It's really not that big a deal. I had my class B for almost 20 years before I decided that I didn't need them anymore. The written test was easy, the pre test was easy and the road test was easy. No use in having the school board foot the bill then leave them for other things. Plus what is the use in taking the test twice.

Many reputable trucking companies will pay for you to take the training course and pay for you to take the test because there is a shortage of OTR drivers.
I was just telling them a alternative way of getting them than what every one else has said so far. I got mine back when they first come out, was grandfathered into them. So I really dont know the whole process of getting them now as in where to take the tests and stuff.