Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players Considering UK!
Redneck Wrote:Who is Flemings? Who is CBC?

UK will need someone who can shoot in place of Crawford. A healthy Meeks takes over that role BUT what if he's not hittin or gets hurt again, they will need someone else. I know Billy G was at the All "A" championship to watch Edmonson and Hopson. Edmonson's play this year has really opened alot of eyes, just think if he woulda played summer ball.

No bad blood at all man, just good, sometimes heated, conversation.

Go check him out man Roderick Flemings. And CBC- Coach Billy Clyde.

With Meeks, he will not be the same type of player as Crawford. Meeks is more of a set and shoot player than a slasher/ 3-point shooter like Crawford.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Go check him out man Roderick Flemings. And CBC- Coach Billy Clyde.

With Meeks, he will not be the same type of player as Crawford. Meeks is more of a set and shoot player than a slasher/ 3-point shooter like Crawford.

Lol, I would have never figured that one out.
Redneck Wrote:Lol, I would have never figured that one out.

I don't know man! It seems like that is the one I have caught on to. I think there are like 3 or 4 of them.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I don't know man! It seems like that is the one I have caught on to. I think there are like 3 or 4 of them.

That's the first time I heard that one, lol. I always hear "Billy G" or "Billy Clyde".
I hope that SEC game didnt hurt us with any players.
RavenBoy Wrote:I hope that SEC game didnt hurt us with any players.

I agree. But I don't think it will. I know this may sound crazy but I think the outcome would have been different had the "Big Blue Nation" been in attendance. Just seemed like we were draggin today, not alot of intensity. You throw 20,000 screamin Wildcat fans in the mix, these boys play at another level.
Redneck Wrote:I agree. But I don't think it will. I know this may sound crazy but I think the outcome would have been different had the "Big Blue Nation" been in attendance. Just seemed like we were draggin today, not alot of intensity. You throw 20,000 screamin Wildcat fans in the mix, these boys play at another level.
and the sad thing is that we were playing in georgia.
RavenBoy Wrote:and the sad thing is that we were playing in georgia.
lol, yeah really.
Five-star big man for 2009 likes Cats

While Billy Gillispie and his staff at Kentucky are searching for some immediate help in the paint for next season, one must keep an eye on the 2009 recruiting class and see who the Cats are watching for help down the road. One long and lean five-star post player from north of the Bluegrass is keeping his eye on UK and Gillispie.

I read this on Rivals.com but I couldnt get anymore info. Does anyone know about this 5 star big man??
What about Hopson now. Anybody's mind change after his performance in the Sweet Sixteen.
Redneck Wrote:What about Hopson now. Anybody's mind change after his performance in the Sweet Sixteen.
Well, I wouldnt want him at UK, he can go to UofL though.
RavenBoy Wrote:Well, I wouldnt want him at UK, he can go to UofL though.

Are you crazy? Who would not want Hopson at their school. I know he might have had a rough performance in Lexington, but thats just one game. I've had the chance to watch him in about 4 games this year and from what i've seen he's deserving of being an All-American. His athletic ablilty is like no other and his potential upside is something any d-1 coach would love to have the chance to coach.
straitupballin Wrote:Are you crazy? Who would not want Hopson at their school. I know he might have had a rough performance in Lexington, but thats just one game. I've had the chance to watch him in about 4 games this year and from what i've seen he's deserving of being an All-American. His athletic ablilty is like no other and his potential upside is something any d-1 coach would love to have the chance to coach.
I dont know, all I can tell ya is that Slone played great at Rupp and outplayed Hopson when they went head to head.
Like he said thats just one game.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Like he said thats just one game.
lol that would be 2 games, if stink in 1 game ok, but 2 games is pushing it.

IMO if were gonna get a KY boy I would take Slone over Hopson.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Like he said thats just one game.

I watched Hopson play 5 times this year. If any of you would like to go back and read ANY of my posts about Hopson since the Fast Lane Tip-Off Classic at Sheldon Clark, go ahead. I watched Darius Miller put up 41 against him head to head while Hopson only scored like 12. I watched Hopson go head to head against Paintsville's Shane Grimm and Grimmy put up around 25-26 pts and grabbed 11 rebs while Hopson had 18-19 points and 5-6 rebs. Landon Slone had like 23 points in that same game. Hopson is overrated judgin by his play in high school play. He must have put up 30+ a game in AAU ball or somethin to get recognized cause he ain't done nothin in this state to get any. Some people think that just cause he is black, 6-7 and can dunk he must be a savior for UK or somethin. I don't even remember who said it earlier about him bein the #2 shootin gaurd, but I'm still waitin to see where they got that info. Hopson couldn't outshoot me and I'm 300+ pounds and haven't shot a basketball in 2-3 years.
Redneck Wrote:I watched Hopson play 5 times this year. If any of you would like to go back and read ANY of my posts about Hopson since the Fast Lane Tip-Off Classic at Sheldon Clark, go ahead. I watched Darius Miller put up 41 against him head to head while Hopson only scored like 12. I watched Hopson go head to head against Paintsville's Shane Grimm and Grimmy put up around 25-26 pts and grabbed 11 rebs while Hopson had 18-19 points and 5-6 rebs. Landon Slone had like 23 points in that same game. Hopson is overrated judgin by his play in high school play. He must have put up 30+ a game in AAU ball or somethin to get recognized cause he ain't done nothin in this state to get any. Some people think that just cause he is black, 6-7 and can dunk he must be a savior for UK or somethin. I don't even remember who said it earlier about him bein the #2 shootin gaurd, but I'm still waitin to see where they got that info. Hopson couldn't outshoot me and I'm 300+ pounds and haven't shot a basketball in 2-3 years.
Funny but true.
RavenBoy Wrote:Five-star big man for 2009 likes Cats

While Billy Gillispie and his staff at Kentucky are searching for some immediate help in the paint for next season, one must keep an eye on the 2009 recruiting class and see who the Cats are watching for help down the road. One long and lean five-star post player from north of the Bluegrass is keeping his eye on UK and Gillispie.

I read this on Rivals.com but I couldnt get anymore info. Does anyone know about this 5 star big man??
Who are you talking about here????
Redneck Wrote:I watched Hopson play 5 times this year. If any of you would like to go back and read ANY of my posts about Hopson since the Fast Lane Tip-Off Classic at Sheldon Clark, go ahead. I watched Darius Miller put up 41 against him head to head while Hopson only scored like 12. I watched Hopson go head to head against Paintsville's Shane Grimm and Grimmy put up around 25-26 pts and grabbed 11 rebs while Hopson had 18-19 points and 5-6 rebs. Landon Slone had like 23 points in that same game. Hopson is overrated judgin by his play in high school play. He must have put up 30+ a game in AAU ball or somethin to get recognized cause he ain't done nothin in this state to get any. Some people think that just cause he is black, 6-7 and can dunk he must be a savior for UK or somethin. I don't even remember who said it earlier about him bein the #2 shootin gaurd, but I'm still waitin to see where they got that info. Hopson couldn't outshoot me and I'm 300+ pounds and haven't shot a basketball in 2-3 years.
Looks like everyone is hating on Hopson, but I'm sure there is a reason Scottie Hopson is a McDonald's All American and the 9th best player in the nation according to rivals.com...

To say we don't need him is absolutely ridiculous. I've watched film on this guy and he is head and shoulders above all the AAU competition I saw. Coaches know Hopson was going to be a threat for University Heights and they formatted whole game plans to stop him, opening the door for other players. Darius is a great player, but he does have a lot more help than Hopson so its a lot harder to shut him down.

As far as Slone goes, yes he is an exceptional high school player and maybe one of the best in the state this year. However, he lacks the physical tools and elite quickness, size, and strength to be considered a top flight recruit for say a UK or UL.
A lot of the hate on Hopson is no different than it was on Patterson.
IMO, Mackey is much better than Miller and Hopson. Really wished he could have kept his head on straight at Scott County, he is an awesome talent.
fballfan07 Wrote:Looks like everyone is hating on Hopson, but I'm sure there is a reason Scottie Hopson is a McDonald's All American and the 9th best player in the nation according to rivals.com...

To say we don't need him is absolutely ridiculous. I've watched film on this guy and he is head and shoulders above all the AAU competition I saw. Coaches know Hopson was going to be a threat for University Heights and they formatted whole game plans to stop him, opening the door for other players. Darius is a great player, but he does have a lot more help than Hopson so its a lot harder to shut him down.

As far as Slone goes, yes he is an exceptional high school player and maybe one of the best in the state this year. However, he lacks the physical tools and elite quickness, size, and strength to be considered a top flight recruit for say a UK or UL.

Hopson has plenty of help around him, he's just soft. The only game plan Paintsville had for him was straight up man to man with Shane Grimm (6'2" maybe 210), and Grimm won that battle. All you have to do to stop Hopson is play a lil physical with him. He is VERY weak, JD VanHoose fouled him towards the end of the game to stop the clock and so Paintsville could get the ball back, Hopson rolled around the floor for 10 minutes. VanHoose BARELY touched him. Those rivals.com rankings are based on summer AAU ball for the most part. Like I said before in another thread, his AAU competition must have been pretty sorry. As for the whole Miller thing and him havin more support around him makin it harder to stop him has nothin to do with him and Hopson gaurdin eachother the entire game, one on one every trip up the floor. Miller ate him alive on both ends and showed him who the best player in KY really is. Hopson couldn't be a zit on Miller's ***...
Redneck Wrote:Hopson has plenty of help around him, he's just soft. The only game plan Paintsville had for him was straight up man to man with Shane Grimm (6'2" maybe 210), and Grimm won that battle. All you have to do to stop Hopson is play a lil physical with him. He is VERY weak, JD VanHoose fouled him towards the end of the game to stop the clock and so Paintsville could get the ball back, Hopson rolled around the floor for 10 minutes. VanHoose BARELY touched him. Those rivals.com rankings are based on summer AAU ball for the most part. Like I said before in another thread, his AAU competition must have been pretty sorry. As for the whole Miller thing and him havin more support around him makin it harder to stop him has nothin to do with him and Hopson gaurdin eachother the entire game, one on one every trip up the floor. Miller ate him alive on both ends and showed him who the best player in KY really is. Hopson couldn't be a zit on Miller's ***...
First off, I know that the majority of rivals rankings are from AAU basketball. Secondly, if Paintsville is the basis of your entire argument then its not a very good one. I grew up in the 15th Region and know basketball compared to that of AAU play for Hopson is incredibly inferior. No disrespect to eastern Kentucky teams, but it's rare to have one player in the region to even dunk. The game Grimm did guard Hopson, I'm pretty sure Hopson still had 20 points. I mean if thats shutting someone down, then I would love to see what happens when Hopson gets going. And as far as point scoring, Patterson didn't blow people away with his scoring average coming out of HS.

Lastly, Darius is good, but he obvious he has more help. His team just won the state championship, so I'm pretty sure he has a lot of talent of that team.
fballfan07 Wrote:First off, I know that the majority of rivals rankings are from AAU basketball. Secondly, if Paintsville is the basis of your entire argument then its not a very good one. I grew up in the 15th Region and know basketball compared to that of AAU play for Hopson is incredibly inferior. No disrespect to eastern Kentucky teams, but it's rare to have one player in the region to even dunk. The game Grimm did guard Hopson, I'm pretty sure Hopson still had 20 points. I mean if thats shutting someone down, then I would love to see what happens when Hopson gets going. And as far as point scoring, Patterson didn't blow people away with his scoring average coming out of HS.

Lastly, Darius is good, but he obvious he has more help. His team just won the state championship, so I'm pretty sure he has a lot of talent of that team.

I'm not basin my argument on just the Paintsville game, just usin that game as an example how you don't have to double or triple team him to slow him down. I didn't say Grimm shut him down, I said he won the battle, outscored him and outrebounded him. I watched UHA play 5 times this year and wasn't impressed in any of those games. I don't think you understand what I'm sayin about Miller. His teammates had nothin to do with him playin man to man on both ends of the floor. Miller scored 41 points with Hopson gaurdin him one on one the entire game, Hopson scored like 10-12 with Miller gaurdin him one on one. What does that have to do with Millers teammates?
Sorry, but I was trying to address all of your main points at once. Well, maybe Darius did slow him down some, but correct me if I'm wrong had somewhere around 20 points when they played Mason Co. Darius is a great player, ranked 33 in the ESPN 150, so I guess you could say Hopson is battle tested against the nation's elite. But anyway, I was addressing your point when you said Hopson did have help...
fballfan07 Wrote:Sorry, but I was trying to address all of your main points at once. Well, maybe Darius did slow him down some, but correct me if I'm wrong had somewhere around 20 points when they played Mason Co. Darius is a great player, ranked 33 in the ESPN 150, so I guess you could say Hopson is battle tested against the nation's elite. But anyway, I was addressing your point when you said Hopson did have help...

Hopson does have help, Edmonson and Brown just played terrible against Lex Cath or UHA might have won that game.
I've seen Hopson play several times, the ability is there but not the drive. It has been the same story every game I've seen him in this season. The kid has been committed to MSU since is Sophomore year maybe that's the way he plays like he does because he hasn't had anything to prove since then, unlike everyone else. But to see his athleticism put to waste with the way he goes about a high school game is a shame. Against Paintsville I don't even think he connected on a long range shot or anything over 10 feet for that matter, same goes for the LexCath, Bishop Brossart, Mason Co. and the few other games I've seen him in. Sure he can be lazy for not playing defense or owning the boards like he should against kids that he's 6 inches taller than and can't jump, but there is no excuse for not being able to knock down an open shot from outside the paint if he is supposed to be the #2 SG in the country. Many people during my 4 day stint at Rupp last week said he was overrated and SOFT. If by chance he does go to UK he can do either 1 or 2 things: 1-take the criticism from Coach BCG and step his game up like the team did after they bought into his system or 2-pack it up and head home to momma like Legion did. My money is on the second one if he does come to UK.
DALE Wrote:I've seen Hopson play several times, the ability is there but not the drive. It has been the same story every game I've seen him in this season. The kid has been committed to MSU since is Sophomore year maybe that's the way he plays like he does because he hasn't had anything to prove since then, unlike everyone else. But to see his athleticism put to waste with the way he goes about a high school game is a shame. Against Paintsville I don't even think he connected on a long range shot or anything over 10 feet for that matter, same goes for the LexCath, Bishop Brossart, Mason Co. and the few other games I've seen him in. Sure he can be lazy for not playing defense or owning the boards like he should against kids that he's 6 inches taller than and can't jump, but there is no excuse for not being able to knock down an open shot from outside the paint if he is supposed to be the #2 SG in the country. Many people during my 4 day stint at Rupp last week said he was overrated and SOFT. If by chance he does go to UK he can do either 1 or 2 things: 1-take the criticism from Coach BCG and step his game up like the team did after they bought into his system or 2-pack it up and head home to momma like Legion did. My money is on the second one if he does come to UK.
All I'm saying is that this guy isn't just an McDonald's All American for nothing...I mean these guys get paid to pick the roster. From all my years of basketball, this is the first basketball recruit in a while to be a McDonald's All American. To say UK doesn't need him is absolutely ridiculous...

He may have played bad against Paintsville and Mason Co. but the guy is good...
Roderick Flemings, the 6-foot-7 forward from Weatherford College in Texas, has set a date for upcoming visit at UK.

Couldnt read anymore, it was on rivals.
RavenBoy Wrote:Roderick Flemings, the 6-foot-7 forward from Weatherford College in Texas, has set a date for upcoming visit at UK.

Couldnt read anymore, it was on rivals.

Flemings was a 4* small forward coming out of high school. He signed his LOI to play for Oklahoma State. But later decided to transfer to North Texas University. He later decided to transfer out of NTU and enrolled at a Junior College.

Here is the story after he left NTU...
http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dw...27738.html

Here is his profile coming out of high school...
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospe...85&Sport=2