Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EA tries to buy take -two!
Electronic Arts offered 2 billion dollars to purchase take two interactive, which publishes GTA, and the 2k sports series. Their offer was rejected, and it's having a big effect in the video game market.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3166653
I hate all 2k sports games..
vundy33 Wrote:I hate all 2k sports games..

their NBA series has definitely been better than EA's NBA live offerings as of late.
I like Live 08 alot better than 2K...
vundy33 Wrote:I like Live 08 alot better than 2K...

I own both, and I seem to like 2k offering a little better. Better graphics and game play. Most reviewers gave 2k8 better reviews also. IMO 2K8 is better.

Take two also are the makers of the Grand theft auto series, which would have been a huge pick up for EA.
I hope they do, it might make their Ncaa Basketball games worth buying.
RavenBoy Wrote:I hope they do, it might make their Ncaa Basketball games worth buying.

Take-Two rejected the offer
You think 2k8 has better graphics than Live? Hmm..is that on PS3 or PS2? I played them both on PS3 and IMO Live has the better graphics.
vundy33 Wrote:You think 2k8 has better graphics than Live? Hmm..is that on PS3 or PS2? I played them both on PS3 and IMO Live has the better graphics.

I cant speak for the PS3, but I have played both games on the 360 and PS2, and IMO 2k8 has better player models, better crowds, and better graphics overall.
Ive been a life long NBA live fan though, all the way back to Live 95, but I just think EA has slacked off a lot as of late.
I played both on ps3 and 360 and I like 2k8 better. The only difference in the EA game is the roaster is different.
Im a fan of 2k also!
I like Dicky V better on EA but graphic wise I like 2k, only on college basketball though.