Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Business
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:My uncle is in the resturant buisness here in town. Hes told me that hes had talks with nearly every major non fast food resturant chain in the country(Outback, Cracker Barrel, Red Lobster ETC.) about opening one of those up around here and they all have told him that if there wasnt an interstate highway at, near, or close to a location they wouldnt agree for one to be opened at that location. If thats the case with the pace I-66 is moving along at my grandchildren might get to take their kids out to cracker barrel to eat but I doubt it LOL!
More like you grand children's grand children's grand children.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Old Navy, Kohl's, Cracker Barrel, D i c k's Sporting Goods, Buffalo Wild Wings. I would also like to see a place like The Shack used to be, where kids can hang out. The Shack used to have live music, laser tag, and pizza.

D I C K's would be great there, they pay well. But they are currently not expanding they planned a store to open in Bowling Green this year, but have backed off. However, they have said they would like to open up in five new places in KY presumably Pikeville must be one.
As far as businesses in Pikeville I honestly believe that they would do well with larger chain stores or increasing tourism.