Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Business
warriorpride Wrote:We need a Footlocker! And an American Eagle store. Im tired of going to lexigition to buy clothes! Maybe they should just put a mall in pikeville some where. And I mean an actuall mall like ones you see in big citys...but just smaller.
If you know your sizes, just do what I do, order em from the website Big Grin
A strip club would be nice.
Redneck Wrote:A strip club would be nice.

Church organizations wouldn't allow that to happen.

I'd like to see a D I C K's Sporting Goods, Golden Corral, and a American Eagle go up because all those would attract alot of business.
****'s would be nice. But Sports stores would have some periods where they wouldn't sale anything.
Redneck Wrote:If you know your sizes, just do what I do, order em from the website Big Grin

I dont trust the Internet. Espically after one of my teachers told me a Russian conspiracies Thorey
Well see, I don't really want to spill my idea (out of fear someone would steal it or laugh at it) but my idea kind of goes along with the Starbucks. I'm proud of it and I'd really like to do this.

BUT, I still would want to coach. Thats the only reason I was going to try to teach
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Well see, I don't really want to spill my idea (out of fear someone would steal it or laugh at it) but my idea kind of goes along with the Starbucks. I'm proud of it and I'd really like to do this.

BUT, I still would want to coach. Thats the only reason I was going to try to teach
Coach Carter owned a business and coached the Richmond High basketball team. He owned Carter Sporting Goods.
I think you just have to have an X amount of college credits. But with the way things are around here I think schools and the BOE would prefer someone who taught. But I've always wanted to have my own shop AND coach. So I'm trying to look into that and get my name out there as of now. But I need to decide if I need to switch my major or not.
This town needs a Starbucks and a GREAT bookstore.... heck, combine the two, small Barnes and Noble with a Starbucks inside, anyone?
PHS95 Wrote:This town needs a Starbucks and a GREAT bookstore.... heck, combine the two, small Barnes and Noble with a Starbucks inside, anyone?

THAT WAS MY IDEA! ssshhhhh!! But it wasn't going to be Barnes and Nobles, it was going to be MY bookstore
I think the ONE restuarant that would do great in Pikeville is a Buffalo Wild Wings! Place it around Wal-Mart and watch the people flood in. It is unlike any of the other places in town so I can say it would actually be a resturant that would be new and helpful to the area. As far as an actual store...... I would say a Best Buy but with the wal-mart I don't know if it would be the best choice for a businesses. I am just sick of Pikeville's FUTURE economy developing as just FAST FOOD> More McDonals, Wendy's, Burger King etc. We need some kind of stores or businesses that can spur on economic growth down the line.... In other words I don't think a Sonic and a 'Freakin' Hatfield MaCoy carwash is making the best of prime property for Pikevilles growth.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Fancy Nancy already has that market cornered.
Fancy Nancy: Show her some stereo batteries and she'll show you the world LOL!
Give me a Hooters and a Best Buy and Ill be happy LOL!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Fancy Nancy: Show her some stereo batteries and she'll show you the world LOL!
Stereo batteries???
Can they be used?Big Grin
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think the ONE restuarant that would do great in Pikeville is a Buffalo Wild Wings! Place it around Wal-Mart and watch the people flood in. It is unlike any of the other places in town so I can say it would actually be a resturant that would be new and helpful to the area. As far as an actual store...... I would say a Best Buy but with the wal-mart I don't know if it would be the best choice for a businesses. I am just sick of Pikeville's FUTURE economy developing as just FAST FOOD> More McDonals, Wendy's, Burger King etc. We need some kind of stores or businesses that can spur on economic growth down the line.... In other words I don't think a Sonic and a 'Freakin' Hatfield MaCoy carwash is making the best of prime property for Pikevilles growth.

In many major cities I have been to, Wal-mart and Best Buy are always located very close to eachother, along with Sams Club.
Could a mod change my post to "a business" instead of "a businesses". Thanks!
In regards to the Best Buy comment, I must say you have to look at the region. Where will the people buy from? I think it would be the cheaper store that has the best deals which I would say is Wal-Mart. Trust me I live most of my life in Lexington so I know that these stores are always clumped together, but Pikeville's economy is entirely different. Thanks for catching me on that! :thumbs:
The Guru Wrote:Stereo batteries???
Its a tale that has reached "Urban Legend" status around here. She allegedly "offered her services" in order to buy batteries for a boom box she used to carry around. LOL!
I think that there needs to be more kid business for the weekends. Someplace for teenagers to get together. Like a big arcade or something along that lines where parents can drop their kids off at 7ish and pick them back up at 11:30 or 12 in case they want to watch a movie or something. Make it where it would be something that kids from the age of 14 to 17 would like.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:THAT WAS MY IDEA! ssshhhhh!! But it wasn't going to be Barnes and Nobles, it was going to be MY bookstore

I think that would be a good idea!
Thanks! I agree about the place for younger ones to go. There is nothing to do in Pike County but watch a movie or hang out at Wal*Mart. Sometimes bowling
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Fancy Nancy: Show her some stereo batteries and she'll show you the world LOL!

The Guru Wrote:Stereo batteries???

:lmao: That's so funny!
I'd like to see a Red Lobster. Would also like to see a CostGo..they're located out west in AZ, CA, and Nevada but I think they would get a ton of business here. It's pretty much a Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-mart, Sam's Club, Best Buy, and Food City combined. It's awesome. Not nearly expensive as some of those stores either...
Is this "Fancy Nancy" woman hott? ............ :roses:
The whole boom box deal has got me wondering tho.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lol
Smile
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Is this "Fancy Nancy" woman hott? ............ :roses:
No.

OMG, NO!
Pikeville needs a good steakhouse. I'm sick of going to Applebees and getting horrible food and horrible service. The past two times I have been, I have left a total of 49 cents as my tip. Worst service I have ever had. Renos just flat out sucks. The problem is, any steakhouse around here will just be run down. Noone around here could maintain a good restaurant with quality service.

American Eagle, Abercrombie, and Hollister would be nice additions as well but it will never happen. Best buy would be cool as well and would probably be more likely to start up around here than any of the other stores I mentioned.
If you are talking about downtown only, then it would have to be something like Starbucks! You couldn't put AE, Old Navy or those sorts of stores downtown. They would want to be out where there is more traffic. Would be nice to see any of them somewhere around here though.
If toothless is a turn on for you then Id say yes. LOL!!!!!
My uncle is in the resturant buisness here in town. Hes told me that hes had talks with nearly every major non fast food resturant chain in the country(Outback, Cracker Barrel, Red Lobster ETC.) about opening one of those up around here and they all have told him that if there wasnt an interstate highway at, near, or close to a location they wouldnt agree for one to be opened at that location. If thats the case with the pace I-66 is moving along at my grandchildren might get to take their kids out to cracker barrel to eat but I doubt it LOL!