Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central vs. Paintsville
PC will play Paintsville on Tues, March 4th at 6:30.
Here is how the rest of the field stands...

Game 1 - Monday, March 3rd
JC vs. SV
Game 2 - Monday, March 3rd
BL vs. Belfry
Game 1 - Tues, March 4th
PC vs. Paintsville
Game 2 - Tues, March 4th
Pikeville vs. AC
Looks like it could be a Pike Central verse Johnson Central for Championship.
I agree
Pike Central and Johnson Central in the Championship
Agree
Traintracks55 Wrote:Agree

PC 65
Paintsville 40

Hoping to see Pikeville in semifinals to give them a dose !
Good Luck Lady Hawks!!!!!!!
I think that the lady hawks will prove to be too much for the lady tigers. With PC getting their shots back in line as well as having the down low play from Lowe and Slone, I just don't see how anyone in the 15th can stop the lady hawks from going to Diddle again.
Everyone lets just take it one game at a time. This will be a real test for a first round game for the Lady Hawks. Paintsville is no cake walk, last time the Lady Hawks beat them by 20 something. Jarell did not play in the district finals which could hurt Paintsville tremendously if she is not 100%. Pike Central is better on a college floor with their run and gun style of transition game. i will be intrested to see what type of defense Butcher runs. Good Luck to both teams.

Lets go lady hawks one game at a time remember we have Diddle in our sights but the Expo is our first priority.

Central by 12
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Everyone lets just take it one game at a time. This will be a real test for a first round game for the Lady Hawks. Paintsville is no cake walk, last time the Lady Hawks beat them by 20 something. Jarell did not play in the district finals which could hurt Paintsville tremendously if she is not 100%. Pike Central is better on a college floor with their run and gun style of transition game. i will be intrested to see what type of defense Butcher runs. Good Luck to both teams.

Lets go lady hawks one game at a time remember we have Diddle in our sights but the Expo is our first priority.

Central by 12

Now that is funny. Does PCC do anything but MAN TO MAN? Sorry, it is just something that we laugh about in our house and how zone must be one of those 4 letter words to Coach Butcher.
Lady Hawks by 16
whos your momma Wrote:Now that is funny. Does PCC do anything but MAN TO MAN? Sorry, it is just something that we laugh about in our house and how zone must be one of those 4 letter words to Coach Butcher.

Actually they play a lot of 1-3-1 zone that is actually Butcher's favorite defense which is what they ran for the most part of the state tournament last season. Wink
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Actually they play a lot of 1-3-1 zone that is actually Butcher's favorite defense which is what they ran for the most part of the state tournament last season. Wink

Define A LOT? 2 series does not make a lot. They will only throw a zone out there when he is feeling a little different. Most of the state tourney? I WISH. lol,
I agree that it will probably be Pike Central and Johnson Central in the championship.
whos your momma Wrote:Now that is funny. Does PCC do anything but MAN TO MAN? Sorry, it is just something that we laugh about in our house and how zone must be one of those 4 letter words to Coach Butcher.

15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Actually they play a lot of 1-3-1 zone that is actually Butcher's favorite defense which is what they ran for the most part of the state tournament last season. Wink

All the games i have been to have been straight up man.
OK OK SO I AM WRONG lol...he did run it against Montgomery County quite a bit
It doesn't matter what type of defense Butcher plays, the girls will have to play team ball and have their shots going. Take it one game at a time. If the intensity and teamwork is there for the Lady Hawks they will be tough to stop.
I heard Jarrell was out for the season. That will make it harder for Paintsville. I HATE it when kids get hurt, especially at tourney time! Can anyone confirm or deny? Best of luck to both teams and Jarrell for speedy recovery!
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:I heard Jarrell was out for the season. That will make it harder for Paintsville. I HATE it when kids get hurt, especially at tourney time! Can anyone confirm or deny? Best of luck to both teams and Jarrell for speedy recovery!
Jarrell has 2 partial tears in the thigh muscle. Very painful and it does not look promissing.
It definately hurts any Paintsville chances. Which were slim anyway.
Good Luck Lady Tigers.
the guard match up in this will be good to watch,paintsvilles point guard is really good and quick and pc has 3 good guards:popcorn:
this could go either way but im looking for pc to win this one
Touhg draw for Paintsville.
Pike Central will be too much for them.
PC-72
Paintsville- 58
Didn't Phelps beat Pike Central? Didn't Paintsville beat Phelps? Never know what can happen this time of year. You take away Paintsville's TERRIBLE first quarter against JC in the district, and that game goes to the wire. It's gonna be tough, but I think the Lady Tigers can do it if they shoot the ball well and cut WAY down on the TO's.
talked to several pcc players today. they are not taking paintsville lightly and know they have to take care of business. go hawks!
Good Luck Hawks!
Hawks use a strong inside game and win by 12.
Lets go Hawks!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:OK OK SO I AM WRONG lol...he did run it against Montgomery County quite a bit

Ok .. umm Idk where you get your info but it's wrong. Like I said earlier I have been to EVERY game. They did not play a 1-3-1 zone. They played straight up man in the 1st quarter until like a minute to go where they went into a 2-3 .. They did that through out the game.