Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Tenn-63 UK-60
OMG Wrote:This was a poorly called game. Bradley got ran over a few time. They missed a charge call, and there were a couple of other no calls that were pretty bad, and I won't even get into the ones that were called.

I agree. I wasn't impressed at all out of the officiating in this game. That one possession when Porter caught the ball out of bounds then threw it up to Bradley for the run out. There should've been atleast three blown whistles during that skirmish, whether on UK or UT. Looked like a bunch of little grade schoolers running around on that possession. Don't recall how that play ended, but I know it wasn't to UK's favor. We hit our free throws in this one, we WIN!!!!!!! The rest of the year doesn't look so bad after all.
Extremely proud of my school and team today.....(Yesterday) They played with some real heart and left everything out there on Tenn.'s court. In my mind that has to be the biggest lift (next to a win) that can show the team that they can still play theirselves into the tourney. So lets go cats and show USC and UF what a real team looks like!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I agree. I wasn't impressed at all out of the officiating in this game. That one possession when Porter caught the ball out of bounds then threw it up to Bradley for the run out. There should've been atleast three blown whistles during that skirmish, whether on UK or UT. Looked like a bunch of little grade schoolers running around on that possession. Don't recall how that play ended, but I know it wasn't to UK's favor. We hit our free throws in this one, we WIN!!!!!!! The rest of the year doesn't look so bad after all.

Well there was also a play where Porter threw the ball in from the baseline and ran down the baseline to throw it in. It was after a made basket, it was out of a dead ball timeout, and the officials didn't even catch the fact that he wasn't aloud to run the baseline. Pretty bad if you ask me.
Can anyone tell me about the blatent no call on Bradley's three attempt. The guy on the radio said it was a joke and that the whistles must not be working. He said it happened like two times in a row to Ramel while shooting.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Can anyone tell me about the blatent no call on Bradley's three attempt. The guy on the radio said it was a joke and that the whistles must not be working. He said it happened like two times in a row to Ramel while shooting.
Yea I know what your talking about, There was one that was a pretty easy call but to close of a game to get that call, or they were just blind.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Because he didn't have to, Patterson was scoring at least that many and Harris wasn't needed as an offensive threat.

Exactly!
I am so proud of these boys. What an effort! They played "like Wildcats" yesterday!
I'd like nothing more than for the Alaska Mr. Basketball to prove he isnt a joke.. And Stevenson has done a 180 since the beginning of the season. He's actually a decent player now!

Im just glad UK made a good showing and didnt have another Vandy game.
Cardsftw2010 Wrote:I'd like nothing more than for the Alaska Mr. Basketball to prove he isnt a joke.. And Stevenson has done a 180 since the beginning of the season. He's actually a decent player now!

Im just glad UK made a good showing and didnt have another Vandy game.

I would say Stevenson is proven he is far more than decent. Pulling down 14 rebounds against the #1 team in the country is flat out good, not decent, GOOD! The whole year up until now Harris has played really timid and scared to be aggresive. Now, it seems as if he has had a moment of clarity that if he doesn't become a scorer their gonna loose. It's almost like he's using scoring as a defense mechanism, a survival mode you could say.
Great effort by the Cats in this one. U.K. was without Patterson, Crawford was out a big part of the game in foul trouble and they still come down with a chance to tie and/or win it in Knoxville.
This team really played with heart and guts. I thought that Stevenson really stepped it up, he was great on the boards. Bradley once again had a very good game.
I don't know about anyone else but Bradley is one kid that can get disgusted in on some of his bonehead passes and turnovers and then the next time down the floor be up cheering and praising him. I don't think that anyone can fault him for not playing hard.

GO BIG BLUE!!!