Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 15 Evansville 1 (Baseball)
Who is Evensville?
RavenBoy Wrote:Who is Evensville?

Kentucky has not played anybody yet. I can't wait until conference play so we can see how good this team really is. They have a great record but they can't move up because they havn't played anybody.
OMG Wrote:Kentucky has not played anybody yet. I can't wait until conference play so we can see how good this team really is. They have a great record but they can't move up because they havn't played anybody.
I guess it dont matter aslong as its a win.
No, Kentucky hasn't played any great competition yet but this team is better than last seasons team. They could have scored 30 runs easily today and each game over the weekend but called off the dogs early.

Even the SEC will be hard pressed to find a pitching staff that can shut this line up down with Carroll, Cowgill, Spear, Howe, and others pounding the ball. Howe hit 2 homers on Saturday that went about farther than any baseball I've ever seen (one opposite field)

Wilkes has moved to 2nd base which helps the team because his throws were a little erratic from short, plus Cohen went out and got some amazing fielders such as Korus and Wade who fills in nice at SS, and the pitching is healthy right now and better than ever with Rusin, Green, and Dombrowski leading the rotation.

This team will be much better than last season, and maybe even be better than the 2006 SEC Champions.

Sawyer Carroll is hitting at an unheard of pace right now batting well over .600 with a slugging % of 1.262 which is pretty much insane.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RavenBoy Wrote:I guess it dont matter aslong as its a win.

I know it's good to win, but i'm just saying it's hard to get a good read on this team until they play somebody.
Way to Go BatCats !!!!!!!!!
Have we lost a game yet?
MVP2 Wrote:Have we lost a game yet?

Nope, 10-0 and ranked 9th in the country. Still 3rd i n the SEC lol. SEC is LOADED.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Nope, 10-0 and ranked 9th in the country. Still 3rd i n the SEC lol. SEC is LOADED.

figures, PAC 10 and SEC are always loaded!
Yeah I know it man! I went to the first three innings of yesterday's game and UK looked dominant. I don't know when they will lose their first game but I don't think it will be until SEC season.
Seems like the SEC is always one of the best conferences in every sport. But congrats to UK on the impressive win. Keep on winning!!
Beating Evansville may not be anything to brag about, but like others have said, at least it's a win. I have seen some good UK teams in the past that slipped up in their pre-conference schedule and lost to teams they shouldn't have, like Evansville, Morehead, etc.

UK is doing exactly what they should be doing if they want a bid to the NCAA tourney. Pile up the wins against preconference cupcakes, then hold their own in the toughest baseball conference in the country, the SEC.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Beating Evansville may not be anything to brag about, but like others have said, at least it's a win. I have seen some good UK teams in the past that slipped up in their pre-conference schedule and lost to teams they shouldn't have, like Evansville, Morehead, etc.

UK is doing exactly what they should be doing if they want a bid to the NCAA tourney. Pile up the wins against preconference cupcakes, then hold their own in the toughest baseball conference in the country, the SEC.

I agree with you.
Evansville was ranked in the Top 15 last year. Don't know about this year but they are usually pretty tough.
Redneck Wrote:Evansville was ranked in the Top 15 last year. Don't know about this year but they are usually pretty tough.

USA Today has us ranked at 18th. Evansville is no where even close. Mississippi is ranked 8th and they are undefeated as well.

But somehow Collegiate Baseball Newspaper has us at 9th so who knows
Well, I will go with the second on this one. The cats deserve to be 9th
OMG Wrote:USA Today has us ranked at 18th. Evansville is no where even close. Mississippi is ranked 8th and they are undefeated as well.

But somehow Collegiate Baseball Newspaper has us at 9th so who knows

I know they (Evansville) aren't ranked right now, I said they were last year.
The impressive thing with UK so far is every aspect of the game. No, there competition isn't nop notched and it shouldn't be because the SEC is so tough from top to bottom. But the pitching/hitting/defense is all rolling right now like they have played 20-25 games already. Go BATCATS!
Redneck Wrote:I know they (Evansville) aren't ranked right now, I said they were last year.

I knew what you meant I was just saying when I looke at it they(Evansville) weren't ranked, and I was trying to point out the inconsistencies of the polls by saying who knows how good they really are?