Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th v. 13th....14th v. 16th Predictions?
The season has not yet started. Couple more weeks and we can see how these predictions will turn out. Who is going to be in the sectional from each of these region. And also, of course, who is going to win these sectionals.
I will make my predictions. I aslo forgot too mention that the winner of these two sectionals will be matching up in the first round at State Tournament at Applebees Park.

15th Champion-Paintsville
13th Champion-Corbin
16th Champion-Boyd County
14th Champion-Powell County

Paintsville v. Corbin=Paintsville
Boyd County v. Powell County=Boyd County

@ State Tournament
Boyd County v. Paintsville=Paintsville

Only bad thing here is Paintsville will end up having to play Lex Catholic or Dunbar...haha
You might see Greenup taking the 16th this year. They are going to have a very solid club.
Godspeed Wrote:You might see Greenup taking the 16th this year. They are going to have a very solid club.

I agree totally , Greenup looks to have a very strong club.
INSIGHT Wrote:I agree totally , Greenup looks to have a very strong club.

Greenup lost 6 seniors and really only have one consistent pitcher. Boyd has a couple of real good young pitchers and I don't think Greenup, even if they do beat Boyd with their one pitcher, won't make it out of the region.
OMG Wrote:Greenup lost 6 seniors and really only have one consistent pitcher. Boyd has a couple of real good young pitchers and I don't think Greenup, even if they do beat Boyd with their one pitcher, won't make it out of the region.

greenups coach has worked with this group of players in summer and fall for at least 5 years as their coach prior to taking the hs job so I wouldn't under rate them pre season...they were usually successful in their summer and fall leagues
I think they still have quite a few players to work with. Sounds to me like boyd is having some disention......
INSIGHT Wrote:greenups coach has worked with this group of players in summer and fall for at least 5 years as their coach prior to taking the hs job so I wouldn't under rate them pre season...they were usually successful in their summer and fall leagues
I think they still have quite a few players to work with. Sounds to me like boyd is having some disention......

Well you can't resort to compare things to summer because you don't know who's playing and who's not. And even if you did Boyd beat Greenup last summer, so that doesn't make any sense. So I will underrate them, atleast below Boyd right now. But we will all have to wait and see who progresses more throughout the season.
OMG Wrote:Well you can't resort to compare things to summer because you don't know who's playing and who's not. And even if you did Boyd beat Greenup last summer, so that doesn't make any sense. So I will underrate them, atleast below Boyd right now. But we will all have to wait and see who progresses more throughout the season.

MY point is that this coach has had his same players for several years prior to him becoming the HS coach and I agree.....Summer ball is usually better than Hs.I know that;s not what you meant but that is a fact... we will have to see but they should be in contention for their regional title.....
INSIGHT Wrote:MY point is that this coach has had his same players for several years prior to him becoming the HS coach and I agree.....Summer ball is usually better than Hs.I know that;s not what you meant but that is a fact... we will have to see but they should be in contention for their regional title.....

I think both of them will be in contention but Boyd's pitching staff I think will override Greenup's. The summer league I was speaking of was the high school summer team, not the independent summer league. This was strictly the high school teams. When they played Boyd beat them, with basically the same players they have now. But we will have to wait and see, but I think no matter what it will come down to them. However, I have heard a couple of people mention that Ashland has really improved as well so who knows really. All I know is the winner of the 15th will most likely be playing the winner of the 16th in the first round of the State Tournament that's why i'm even interested in the 16th.
OMG Wrote:I think both of them will be in contention but Boyd's pitching staff I think will override Greenup's. The summer league I was speaking of was the high school summer team, not the independent summer league. This was strictly the high school teams. When they played Boyd beat them, with basically the same players they have now. But we will have to wait and see, but I think no matter what it will come down to them. However, I have heard a couple of people mention that Ashland has really improved as well so who knows really. All I know is the winner of the 15th will most likely be playing the winner of the 16th in the first round of the State Tournament that's why i'm even interested in the 16th.

well then this year should be more evenly matched in the sectional than the shellacking that sheldon clark took from boyd 2 years ago.
INSIGHT Wrote:well then this year should be more evenly matched in the sectional than the shellacking that sheldon clark took from boyd 2 years ago.

yea I suppose
13th corbin
14th powell
15th Lawrence Co
16th East Carter

East beats corbin Lawrence beats Powell Lawrence beats East
kdrn Wrote:13th corbin
14th powell
15th Lawrence Co
16th East Carter

East beats corbin Lawrence beats Powell Lawrence beats East

East wouldn't play Corbin, East would play Powell, and then Lawrence would play Corbin in the sectionals. They alternate every year. It's listed at the top if you would read.
sorry
kdrn Wrote:sorry

It's okay. You can change your picks now, i'm interested to see who you pick in those matchups.
East and Lawrence

Lawrence wins
I haven't seen anyone play so I can't make any predictions, but I do believe KCC will do fair this year and better next year.
Who ever wins between Paintsville and LC will have a good shot at winning the sectionals. imo
sassy Wrote:I haven't seen anyone play so I can't make any predictions, but I do believe KCC will do fair this year and better next year.

Who else from the 14th do you think has a chance?
15th Lawrence County vs. 13th Corbin
16th East Carter vs. 14th Powell County

Lawrence County vs. East Carter
Lawrence vs. Corbin= Lawrence
Lewis vs. Powell= Lewis

Lewis beats Lawrence.
lewisfan21 Wrote:Lawrence vs. Corbin= Lawrence
Lewis vs. Powell= Lewis

Lewis beats Lawrence.

That's a big prediction there. Is Lewis that good this year?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That's a big prediction there. Is Lewis that good this year?

Lewis County is really good this year but nobody is giving them a chance to win the region. Their only weakness is lack of depth in pitching. If they can find a second pitcher to backup Shaw then they have a great chance of going to Applebee's. Shaw is one of the best pitchers in the state that nobody outside the 16th knows about. He can throw more than 10 different pitches with great control and he runs his fastball up around 80. What he lacks with velocity he has in presence on the mound and he just knows how to get people out.
OMG Wrote:Greenup lost 6 seniors and really only have one consistent pitcher. Boyd has a couple of real good young pitchers and I don't think Greenup, even if they do beat Boyd with their one pitcher, won't make it out of the region.

Greenup lost 4.... Wright,Rowe,Bentley,Hensley
lewisfan21 Wrote:Lewis County is really good this year but nobody is giving them a chance to win the region. Their only weakness is lack of depth in pitching. If they can find a second pitcher to backup Shaw then they have a great chance of going to Applebee's. Shaw is one of the best pitchers in the state that nobody outside the 16th knows about. He can throw more than 10 different pitches with great control and he runs his fastball up around 80. What he lacks with velocity he has in presence on the mound and he just knows how to get people out.

Come on, you said this in another thread as well. No way does he throw 10 different pitches. He may throw different variations of a couple of pitches, like sidearm, underneath, over the top, etc. However, there is no way there is 10 seperate pitches. Do you know how many kids in the 16th region can throw 80 MPH? Quite a few, that's not a big accomplishment.

You do know that even if you win the 16th region, you still have to win two more games against the 14th region before you can go to Applebees don't you? If you say you only have one pitcher than you won't make it out of the region, possibly the district. Good luck though. Who all coaches at Lewis County?
Bosox Fan Wrote:Greenup lost 4.... Wright,Rowe,Bentley,Hensley

Thanks for the informatioin. I completely retrack my position on Greenup not winning the region. I think they are as good as Boyd if not better. Their offense is much improved from last season, and I think if Dakotah throws good this year then they have a shot to repeat.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Come on, you said this in another thread as well. No way does he throw 10 different pitches. He may throw different variations of a couple of pitches, like sidearm, underneath, over the top, etc. However, there is no way there is 10 seperate pitches. Do you know how many kids in the 16th region can throw 80 MPH? Quite a few, that's not a big accomplishment.

You do know that even if you win the 16th region, you still have to win two more games against the 14th region before you can go to Applebees don't you? If you say you only have one pitcher than you won't make it out of the region, possibly the district. Good luck though. Who all coaches at Lewis County?

I am aware that if Lewis makes it out of the 16th then they still have to play 2 games to make it to Applebee's. They will find out how good they are when they play Lawrence Co. about mid-april. The coaching staff at Lewis is head coach Josh Hughes and assistants Dave Collins, Scott Osborne, and JR Price.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Thanks for the informatioin. I completely retrack my position on Greenup not winning the region. I think they are as good as Boyd if not better. Their offense is much improved from last season, and I think if Dakotah throws good this year then they have a shot to repeat.

I can't believe that hardly noone is picking Greenup to win the 16th. They won it last year and only lost 3 players that played very much. This year they are looking even stronger hitting the ball. Lawrence co. is a great team and will take the 15th. I don't know the 13th and 14th that well to guess. But I can say that Greenup and Lawrence co. is the two best teams right now in their regions. but anything can happen at tournament time.
rgdad Wrote:I can't believe that hardly noone is picking Greenup to win the 16th. They won it last year and only lost 3 players that played very much. This year they are looking even stronger hitting the ball. Lawrence co. is a great team and will take the 15th. I don't know the 13th and 14th that well to guess. But I can say that Greenup and Lawrence co. is the two best teams right now in their regions. but anything can happen at tournament time.

I agree. Greenup is doing great right now. They beat a Jody Hamilton coached West Jessamine team that is really solid. I think they are a no brainer right now to win the region. Boyd will get better towards the end of the year, and I don't think it will be as easy as everyone thinks, but if Dakotah throws well then they definetly have a shot.
Estill Co looks real good right now in the 14TH<