Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia’s Football Coach gets $800,000 raise!
ATHENS, Ga. (AP)—A No. 2 finish in 2007 helped earn Georgia coach Mark Richt a big raise.

Georgia’s athletic board on Thursday approved an $800,000 raise for Richt, increasing his annual pay to $2.8 million.

Even after the raise, Richt is only the fifth-highest paid coach in the Southeastern Conference, behind Alabama’s Nick Saban, LSU’s Les Miles, Florida’s Urban Meyer and Auburn’s Tommy Tuberville.

Saban, Miles and Meyer each have won national championships.
I've always liked Richt, he seems like a guy who wants to do things the right way . I think he is one of the most underrated coaches in the SEC, and probably in the nation.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I've always liked Richt, he seems like a guy who wants to do things the right way . I think he is one of the most underrated coaches in the SEC, and probably in the nation.

Oh yeah, he is very underrated. He is a good coach and well deserving of this raise. IMO, Georgia has a shot of being National Champions this year. I know its a little to early to predict, but they have a lot of good players returning.
I know he is a good coach but he hasent even won a SEC champ or a national Champ. and he got a $800,000 raise. Wish I was him.
They have a lot of young players back. They beat Bama in OT last year and this fall we have to go to Athens. The young RB is going to be a great one.