•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 79 Shelby Valley 70 -- 2 OT
I agree. Greatest game I've ever witnessed in High School. They Seniors played hard for the Tigers and just kept fight til the end. 3 of the 5 players on the court in overtime had 4 fouls but they made it threw. That was just an unbelievable game. Congrats Tigers and Good season Wildcats.
OMG Wrote:HAHA! I was waiting to see who went there first. I commend you for having the guts to go there after that hard of a fought game. And for the record I do agree with you it does proves Paintsville was the better team this year.

Ha ha, I had to. I tell ya what both teams gave everything they had and it could have went either way. Paintsville was just the better team tonight. Hats off to Valley, they played a great game and made a heck of a comeback.
OMG Wrote:I agree he's an icon in this area and will be for years to come. I would say before it's all said and done they will name everything after him, and you never know they may even change the name of the school.....

Bill Mike Runyon Independent
LOL now idk about that last one but i think he will be an icon for life in this area the stories about him will be past down for life. He will be invited to all kinds of special things. To add to being a great coach he is a great person off the court.
villefan Wrote:Ha ha, I had to. I tell ya what both teams gave everything they had and it could have went either way. Paintsville was just the better team tonight. Hats off to Valley, they played a great game and made a heck of a comeback.

I agree they did play a great game, and I have noticed they aren't posting very much.
Paintsville is not 9 points better than Valley. It took 3 of Valley's players out for Paintsville to even win the game. Good game Paintsville but them refs sure don't mind to help Landon one bit.
OMG Wrote:I agree they did play a great game, and I have noticed they aren't posting very much.
[COLOR="Blue"]
Yeah I noticed that tonight too. They live and die by the three though, lol.[/COLOR]
PC_You_Know Wrote:Paintsville is not 9 points better than Valley. It took 3 of Valley's players out for Paintsville to even win the game. Good game Paintsville but them refs sure don't mind to help Landon one bit.

Come on they were bad on both sides. Valley missed big shots down the stretch and that was the difference. The fouls were almost dead even. Paintsville just finished and Valley came up short. Congrats to Valley, but please don't take away a win from Paintsville by saying it was the refs because they were bad on both sides.
villefan Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]
Yeah I noticed that tonight too. They live and die by the three though, lol.[/COLOR]

HaHa your gonna end up getting into a fight! LOL
Any stats for this game?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Paintsville is not 9 points better than Valley. It took 3 of Valley's players out for Paintsville to even win the game. Good game Paintsville but them refs sure don't mind to help Landon one bit.

Well they were obviously 9 points better tonight. Paintsville's players were in foul trouble the whole game. How can you say the refs didn't mind helping Landon ? I figured someone would bring up the ref situation but if you were there it went both ways. They definitely let them play. The only thing that aggravated me is they would let someone run completely over another player then call some petty touch foul the next play.
[COLOR="Blue"]The atmoshpere was just crazy.
We've all been waiting for this
game and well Paintsville came,
gave everthing they had. And
managed to win one of the best
high schools games. [/COLOR]
Congrats Paintsville, I won't take that from you, it's about time you all won. But I would have loved to see this game play out with Jake still capable of playing, you would have seen a different outcome.
OMG Wrote:HaHa your gonna end up getting into a fight! LOL

Ha ha, lets hope not. Both teams played their hearts out tonight.
What happened with the fans getting taken out of the gymansium? Who's fans was it?
I am really wondering where all the die hard Valley fans are tonight especially NYY. Especially after where I was sitting due to my father works for Community Trust and I had to sit on Valley's side there was one Valley fan that was giving a Paintsville fan pure heck that was sitting with us.
OMG Wrote:What happened with the fans getting taken out of the gymansium? Who's fans was it?

Valley's, the guy said something to BMR after the double foul was called.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Congrats Paintsville, I won't take that from you, it's about time you all won. But I would have loved to see this game play out with Jake still capable of playing, you would have seen a different outcome.

I would have loved to see a game that they let go on in the first quater when both teams may of had 1 or 2 fouls each and allowed them to showcase their talents. It was almost a blowout, but the ticky tack fouls on both sides by the officials is what allowed a lot of the comeback. I commend SV for not quitting and showed great heart, but in a game like that you have to let the two bulls just bunt heads and find out who is the better team.
OMG Wrote:What happened with the fans getting taken out of the gymansium? Who's fans was it?

That's the first I heard about it. Was it during the game ?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I am really wondering where all the die hard Valley fans are tonight especially NYY. Especially after where I was sitting due to my father works for Community Trust and I had to sit on Valley's side there was one Valley fan that was giving a Paintsville fan pure heck that was sitting with us.

If you're so concerned why didn't you take it out with that fan at the game?
anyone got any stats i know slone had a ton of rebounds
PC_You_Know Wrote:Congrats Paintsville, I won't take that from you, it's about time you all won. But I would have loved to see this game play out with Jake still capable of playing, you would have seen a different outcome.

Nice compliment!! Backhanded as it is though...coming from you it is huge!

No I think they were still winning with him in the game. You can't say "I won't take that from you" and then say "it's about time you won one" Do you really need us to go down history lane and recap on the past regional champions. We can go back 20 years and see who's on top there if you want. I respect whatever you have to say, but just face the facts that Paintsville is the best team in the region and the beat Valley fair and square tonight. I would tak them over Valley in every matchup. But I will say this. Valley gave one of the guttsiest performances i've ever seen and they should definetly be congratulated for it. They had a great season.
IRISH4 Wrote:I would have loved to see a game that they let go on in the first quater when both teams may of had 1 or 2 fouls each and allowed them to showcase their talents. It was almost a blowout, but the ticky tack fouls on both sides by the officials is what allowed a lot of the comeback. I commend SV for not quitting and showed great heart, but in a game like that you have to let the two bulls just bunt heads and find out who is the better team.

I think what allowed the comeback was the atmosphere from Valley and Paintsville not hitting their 3's.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Valley's, the guy said something to BMR after the double foul was called.

Oh ok thanks.
I am one of the biggest SV homers there is so I say we act with the same class the players on the floor did tonight. Did anyone notice the teams shaking hands at the end. Valley missed some easy shots early and got rattled and found themselves down 20. They used their defense to claw back and actually take the lead. Grimm was a beast and it was fitting that he hit the shot to put it into OT. Valley was around 50 percent from the free throw line in regulation and that may have been the deciding factor.

Now nobody has said it so I will be the first. I witnessed possibly the biggest coaching blunder of my life tonight. Shelby Valley stood at half court and dribbled out I'm going to guess at least 6 of the 8 minutes of overtime with Painstville with four guys on the floor with four fouls. Booher took this advantage and threw it away. Even the biggest Tiger homer has to admit their only 6 deep but we didnt take advantage.

Great win for the Painstville Seniors and they have earned it. Finish off JC and represent well at Rupp.
PC_You_Know Wrote:If you're so concerned why didn't you take it out with that fan at the game?
Just ticked me off that the guy had well lets say zero class
OMG Wrote:No I think they were still winning with him in the game. You can't say "I won't take that from you" and then say "it's about time you won one" Do you really need us to go down history lane and recap on the past regional champions. We can go back 20 years and see who's on top there if you want. I respect whatever you have to say, but just face the facts that Paintsville is the best team in the region and the beat Valley fair and square tonight. I would tak them over Valley in every matchup. But I will say this. Valley gave one of the guttsiest performances i've ever seen and they should definetly be congratulated for it. They had a great season.

I'm pretty sure it was a one point game when Jake went out(not sure which way), then Tyler Newsome came in and made some bad plays turning it over twice, and Valleys till took the game into a second OT, so like I said, I see the game would have went the other way.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I think what allowed the comeback was the atmosphere from Valley and Paintsville not hitting their 3's.

It was a great atmosphere in general not just from one side. Everyone in the dang place was up on their feet during the last 3 minutes for the game which looked to be a prize fight, just back and forth and waiting for something to happen for the big knockout. Paintsville did go cold, but a lot of it had to do with their dumb passes and turnovers. However, I stand by my comment....the refs let it get to close and had a major role in the outcome regardless of who won.
Congratulations Paintsville! Good game! Great job, Shelby Valley!!! You guys have nothing to be ashamed of!!!! 2 overtimes, Jake hurt, Ashley out and you still fought hard! Win or lose you are always Number 1 in my heart and winners in God's eyes!!! Good Luck tomorrow night to Paintsville and JC!!!!!
IRISH4 Wrote:It was a great atmosphere in general not just from one side. Everyone in the dang place was up on their feet during the last 3 minutes for the game which looked to be a prize fight, just back and forth and waiting for something to happen for the big knockout. Paintsville did go cold, but a lot of it had to do with their dumb passes and turnovers. However, I stand by my comment....the refs let it get to close and had a major role in the outcome regardless of who won.

Agree 100%, no Paintsville fan will agree, but I swear it Landon gets away with way too much and is always talking to the refs.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next