•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 79 Shelby Valley 70 -- 2 OT
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Thats what I thought if im not mistaking you either started that year or was the sixth man of the bench correct me if I am wrong i just think I know who you are. That was my freshman year and it was a great atmosphere, the foul that McCurrey committed was so stupid, and I thought for sure the last second runner that Barry Sanders shot was going in, seemed like it took an eternity for it to rim out, probably felt longer for you lol. I love just reminiscing on all I have seen over my years. Sorry to get so off topic everyone.

OTHER than last night, the 2003 game of Shelby Valley vs. Pike Central was probably the best 15th region game I've ever seen in my few years of watching until last night.

It's alright to look back but let's get back on topic now Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Other than last night the 2003 game of Shelby Valley vs. Pike Central was probably the best 15th region game I've ever seen in my few years of watching.

It's alright to look back but let's get back on topic now Smile

shew idk last night takes the cake for me, but I have seen so many good games I could not put them in order lol

good idea Smile
PC_You_Know Wrote:Agree 100%, no Paintsville fan will agree, but I swear it Landon gets away with way too much and is always talking to the refs.

:confused: Are you serious... you are really going to go there? I wasn't at the game but I was listening to it on 98.9 and when a foul was called on one of Valleys players the annoucers were all talking about him complaing to the ref and the he was VERY close to getting a T! So why point out Landon when he was not the only one?
EagleMom Wrote:my question was to PHSwatergirl and she was stating that she couldn't believe that the coaches for JC were cheering for SV instead of Pville. And then she turns around and makes a statement "I can believe it." So, you talk about double standards? All I wanted to know was who was she cheering for in the JC/East Ridge game. I have seen both sides of the coin when it comes to the JC/Paintsville rivalry. I have seen some extremely rude fans and students from both schools. I have seen parents from both schools make absolute fools of themselves during games where the teams face off. I have seen the cheating that takes place on the court when these two teams face off. It is pathetic, immature, and disgusting. No rivalry is worth making yourself out to be a fool....regardless of how much you choose to feed it in the minds of the kids.

I knew a girl who grew up in the Paintsville school system. She lived and breathed PHS basketball. She hated JC with a passion that was disturbing. I asked her about it one time and she told me that from the time she was in kindergarten she was taught that Paintsville students are better than JC students....better socially, academically, financially, mentally.....better. What is worse she believed it with all her heart. She believed it so deeply that it disturbed her to learn that I had put my kids in Johnson Central. How messed up is that??????

Not once have I stated that Paintsville "has everything". I contemplated at one point sending my children to Paintsville for high school. But after visiting both schools and talking to the administration of both schools I decided that Johnson Central was the school that I wanted to trust with the their education. I have never regretted that decision. Johnson Central is a wonderful institution academically and I'm proud to be associated with it.

Good luck to both teams tonight....but I still hope that the EAGLES come to play and I hope that at the end of the night they will be cutting down the nets and heading back to Rupp. But if they don't....then so be it....I'm proud of them for getting this far and proving a lot of people wrong. No one expected them to make it out of district but here they are playing again for a chance to go to Rupp and represent their region. Seems to me that they deserve a few kudos for that at least....but I don't expect them to get it here.

LOL... I am sorry but I really did laugh out loud when I read this! I too went to Paintsville and I have family that teaches there and coaches there as well! I was never taught this! And as far as acting like we were better than JCHS kids I don't agree... I mean I wanted to beat them everytime we played but that went for every school we played! I also had cousins and very close friends, that went to JCHS and we got along fine we would cheer against each other and games and then go stay all night with each other and not even mention the game! You can't just use what one person says to get on here and make it seem like all PAINTSVILLE KIDS are like this it is NOT TRUE!
PC_You_Know Wrote:I gave one reason, why don't you keep this on topic and quit trying to get it closed. Man you really have a problem with Valley people.

Man your team got beat, FACE IT!! ... great win Paintsville...:letsparty
Last chance to get back on topic before this is closed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll take Paintsville by 9.

Wait,.... I'm too late sorry. J/K This game was worth 20 bucks. Whoever said it earlier about a 10 game series coming out 5-5 was probably pretty close. I think senior experience and some real good coaching took this one.
Congrats to the Tigers and Coach Runyon.
villefan Wrote:9 points is 9 points any way you look at it. IMO 9-10 points is a blowout. I agree the game was close but Paintsville slowly pulled away.

Are you serious. Dude, you have no idea what you are even talking about. Was you at the game. Did you not see Valley trying to foul them when down by 3 or 4. Paintsville didn't pull away from anything unless it was in the 1st half. after that, they had their hands full the rest of the game and it bout cost them too.
EASports12 Wrote:You're right. Paintsville is about 20 points better than Valley, they just let them back in the game. Smile

And I dont see anybody else laughtin at this. do you..
NYY10 Wrote:Are you serious. Dude, you have no idea what you are even talking about. Was you at the game. Did you not see Valley trying to foul them when down by 3 or 4. Paintsville didn't pull away from anything unless it was in the 1st half. after that, they had their hands full the rest of the game and it bout cost them too.

Couldn't agree more NYY.

Villefan just to make this IF Valley does not foul then the game stays at a 3 point win for Paintsville. So how can you call it a blow out, there is no way in **** you can call this game a blow out. That is literally probably one of the dumbest and most non-knowledgeable statements I have ever heard by some one on this site. No disrespect but it is true.
NYY10 Wrote:And I dont see anybody else laughtin at this. do you..

I'm not laughing! Rolleyes
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Couldn't agree more NYY.

Villefan just to make this IF Valley does not foul then the game stays at a 3 point win for Paintsville. So how can you call it a blow out, there is no way in **** you can call this game a blow out. That is literally probably one of the dumbest and most non-knowledgeable statements I have ever heard by some one on this site. No disrespect but it is true.
This by NO means was a blowout. It was the most nip and tuck game I have saw in awhile after the half.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Couldn't agree more NYY.

I couldn't agree anymore. At the beginning of the game, Paintsville was up by 10 or more. But during the second half, it was a whole different ballgame. Valley came out in the second half guns blazing. And gave Paintsville the game they have been waitin for all season long. I give props to both teams. What a great game and great effort on both sides of the bench!!!
I wonder how many steals was in this game?
Paintsville and Valley both had unbelievable numbers of steals!
svhs-1 Wrote:I couldn't agree anymore. At the beginning of the game, Paintsville was up by 10 or more. But during the second half, it was a whole different ballgame. Valley came out in the second half guns blazing. And gave Paintsville the game they have been waitin for all season long. I give props to both teams. What a great game and great effort on both sides of the bench!!!
True. It is disrespecting BOTH teams to call it a blow out.
Honestly including state finals I have never seen two teams play with such heart and digging as deep as these two did last night. I am a lover of the game not team, and last night all of those young men made me appreciate watching high school basketball. That is why I would choose watching a high school game over college or pro, because they have so much more to lose and that is PRIDE.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Honestly including state finals I have never seen two teams play with such heart and digging as deep as these two did last night. I am a lover of the game not team, and last night all of those young men made me appreciate watching high school basketball. That is why I would choose watching a high school game over college or pro, because they have so much more to lose and that is PRIDE.

I 100% agree! Pride is the main thing a high school team could lose...
good reply! Cool
sportsfan06 Wrote:LOL... I am sorry but I really did laugh out loud when I read this! I too went to Paintsville and I have family that teaches there and coaches there as well! I was never taught this! And as far as acting like we were better than JCHS kids I don't agree... I mean I wanted to beat them everytime we played but that went for every school we played! I also had cousins and very close friends, that went to JCHS and we got along fine we would cheer against each other and games and then go stay all night with each other and not even mention the game! You can't just use what one person says to get on here and make it seem like all PAINTSVILLE KIDS are like this it is NOT TRUE!

Well the way I see it confidence and arrogance are two different things!! No one ever thought they were better than anybody, but they were confident they could win in every game they played. Nothing is ever wrong with that.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Honestly including state finals I have never seen two teams play with such heart and digging as deep as these two did last night. I am a lover of the game not team, and last night all of those young men made me appreciate watching high school basketball. That is why I would choose watching a high school game over college or pro, because they have so much more to lose and that is PRIDE.

Couldn't agree more!!
But gosh would I love to see a rematch lol. Regardless of who would win. I would love to see them play again!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Agree 100%, no Paintsville fan will agree, but I swear it Landon gets away with way too much and is always talking to the refs.

That's the way it seems on Valley's court. The home coach gets talked to by the refs and they seem to coddle the Valley boys. Even valley fans have made comments on these boards that those fouls wouldn't occur at Valley. But I'm probably just dreaming it.
me too!!!! That game was every sports guru dream!!! It was full of BS from the Refs, key players were keeping everyone standing, starters were on the verge of fouling out and if that wasn't enough....just watching some of the parents was comical enough!!! It was like a adventurous/ mystery movie at the same time!!!

I say one of the greatest games in 15th region boy tournament in a LONG time!!!
I have been straight forward with all of my post about this game so I will hit ya with one more. Until Hatfield quits showing up the refs every time they blow a whistle I dont think he will ever get a call. He seems to be a good kid and is a nice player but somebody has got to teach him to just play ball. Referees do not like to be shown up by a high school kid making faces, blowing, and throwing up their hands. Just an observation nothing personal.
EagleMom Wrote:Let me ask you if you were rooting for Johnson Central in their game or for East Ridge?
I was.
I would've cheered for Paintsville if I was able to because I would rather see SV not make it. I am not a fan by any means and I feel that when it comes down to the end of the game with 4 minutes to the end and you stand there and dribble the ball, it can go either way. When they played that game with Pikeville down by 6 in the tournament last year and they played keep away for 6 minutes it worked. This time it didn't. The thing I hate most about high school basketball is letting grown men play against kids who are age appropriate, and no shot clock.
5timechamp Wrote:I have been straight forward with all of my post about this game so I will hit ya with one more. Until Hatfield quits showing up the refs every time they blow a whistle I dont think he will ever get a call. He seems to be a good kid and is a nice player but somebody has got to teach him to just play ball. Referees do not like to be shown up by a high school kid making faces, blowing, and throwing up their hands. Just an observation nothing personal.
I am going to agree, i thought 42 did a nice job of composing him self last night and did a very nice job. If he and Hatfield were on my team 42 would be starting and not Hatfield.
fairplayer Wrote:I would've cheered for Paintsville if I was able to because I would rather see SV not make it. I am not a fan by any means and I feel that when it comes down to the end of the game with 4 minutes to the end and you stand there and dribble the ball, it can go either way. When they played that game with Pikeville down by 6 in the tournament last year and they played keep away for 6 minutes it worked. This time it didn't. The thing I hate most about high school basketball is letting grown men play against kids who are age appropriate, and no shot clock.

Who isn't the appropriate age? Jonah has only been 19 for 4 or 5 months. This garbage you're trying to start gets shot down quickly as soon as it's started.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Who isn't the appropriate age? Jonah has only been 19 for 4 or 5 months. This garbage you're trying to start gets shot down quickly as soon as it's started.
shoot 19 he is almost older than me and I'm a sophomore in college. lol
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I am going to agree, i thought 42 did a nice job of composing him self last night and did a very nice job. If he and Hatfield were on my team 42 would be starting and not Hatfield.

#42 is Kirby Tackett. He is a very good kid and should have a solid year next could possibly finally get the starting nod.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next