•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 79 Shelby Valley 70 -- 2 OT
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:shoot 19 he is almost older than me and I'm a sophomore in college. lol

So what's your point, he was held back once like most kids these days are.
5timechamp Wrote:#42 is Kirby Tackett. He is a very good kid and should have a solid year next could possibly finally get the starting nod.

Oh yes, next year Valley's lineup should look like this:

Elisha
Logan
Taylor
Curby
Ashley

Tyler
Varney
Rusty
Trey
If this thread goes to ages it needs to be closed. All the kids on the floor last night met KHSAA age guidelines.
5timechamp Wrote:#42 is Kirby Tackett. He is a very good kid and should have a solid year next could possibly finally get the starting nod.
I'll make this statement I would play Tackett and Newsome on the inside and then start Justice at PG, Bryant at the 2 guard spot and Hatfield as a SF that right there is a scary line up. I do not think Hatfield is a true post player.
5timechamp Wrote:If this thread goes to ages it needs to be closed. All the kids on the floor last night met KHSAA age guidelines.

And there just shot down the age question.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I'll make this statement I would play Tackett and Newsome on the inside and then start Justice at PG, Bryant at the 2 guard spot and Hatfield as a SF that right there is a scary line up. I do not think Hatfield is a true post player.

Nope, he's more of a Shawn Marion player.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So what's your point, he was held back once like most kids these days are.
just once? **** my buddy is 18 and a sophomore in college Jonah has about a year on him!!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Oh yes, next year Valley's lineup should look like this:

Elisha
Logan
Taylor
Curby
Ashley

Tyler
Varney
Rusty
Trey

Taylor, Hatfield, Tackett is a very big front line.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:just once? **** my buddy is 18 and a sophomore in college Jonah has about a year on him!!!

No need to argue, it's the truth.
5timechamp Wrote:Taylor, Hatfield, Tackett is a very big front line.

It is, maybe one of the biggest the 15th has seen in a long time.
5timechamp Wrote:If this thread goes to ages it needs to be closed. All the kids on the floor last night met KHSAA age guidelines.

I am just stating that Jonah is older or the same age as most SOPHOMORES in college. I am not trying to take anything away from the kid he is one heck of a player just caught me off guard at how old he was lolCool
PC_You_Know Wrote:No need to argue, it's the truth.

not arguing just stating facts by age he could be a sophomore in college Wink
PC_You_Know Wrote:It is, maybe one of the biggest the 15th has seen in a long time.
I would say you would have to go back to 2003 with Bobby Mullins, Chase Lyons and McMurrey for Pike Central. They were more than likely still bigger then those 3.
The year you're referring to also had big lineups for South Floyd, Johnson Central, and Paintsville. You don't see the 15th Region with size like that anymore.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:just once? **** my buddy is 18 and a sophomore in college Jonah has about a year on him!!!

My son is 20 and is a sophomore in college. He was never held back. Seems to me that 18 and a sophomore in college is young. I was 18 when I graduated high school and I was never held back. I don't understand all of this age issue. Different people will be different ages when they graduated. A lot depends on your birthday as to when you enroll in school.
Midee1 Wrote:My son is 20 and is a sophomore in college. He was never held back. Seems to me that 18 and a sophomore in college is young. I was 18 when I graduated high school and I was never held back. I don't understand all of this age issue. Different people will be different ages when they graduated. A lot depends on your birthday as to when you enroll in school.

to be honest Midee i really do not care about age that much, I was held back a year and school and wasn't 19 when I graduated thats why I think 19 and 4 or 5 months is kinda old.
formerwildcat22 Wrote:The year you're referring to also had big lineups for South Floyd, Johnson Central, and Paintsville. You don't see the 15th Region with size like that anymore.

Darn right they were, Pikeville wasn't to small either. The things with Pike Central you have 4 starter over 6 foot and then your PG was 5'9 or 5'10. The drop off since then has been crazy. Looking back at my senior year at Pike Central you had one kid who was over six foot and that was Brad Lowe. Its crazy the drop off that has happened with everyone besides Valley what do you all feed them lol.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:to be honest Midee i really do not care about age that much, I was held back a year and school and wasn't 19 when I graduated thats why I think 19 and 4 or 5 months is kinda old.

My sons situation was strange. He has a January birthday. So he turned 18 the middle of his senior year which made him turn 20 the middle of his sophomore year of college.

If you think 19 years and 4 or 5 months is old I'm ancient.Smile
Midee1 Wrote:My sons situation was strange. He has a January birthday. So he turned 18 the middle of his senior year which made him turn 20 the middle of his sophomore year of college.

If you think 19 years and 4 or 5 months is old I'm ancient.Smile
lol sorry for the wake up call jkSmile
I just wanna say ...WOW!!! This game was amazing!!! Although it was a tough one..the officiating was ridiculous..and they seriously need to be reported!! I am a true Ville fan 100% ..but the officiating was bad for both sides...and both teams were too good..to be put in situations where both were in foul problems early in the game because of BAD officiating!!! Between Paintsville's TO'S and Valley's missed free throws it kept the game close and hard to predict ...there at the end I thought valley had us..but in true Tiger form we didn't give up or nor in!!!

Go Paintsville:rockon:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Who isn't the appropriate age? Jonah has only been 19 for 4 or 5 months. This garbage you're trying to start gets shot down quickly as soon as it's started.

I'm not trying to start garbage. Calm down. When I say age appropriate I mean kids who are age appropriate according to what the normal age is to the year of school they are in. Senior 18, Junior, 17, Sophomore, 16. That's what I mean by age appropriate. Not everyone wants to send they're kids off to college when they are almost 20 or if they were 19 by August 1 they will be 20 when college starts. That's a big difference putting a normal aged sophomore who is most likely 15-16 depending on their birthday going up against someone who by the time march roles around, close to 19 and 8 months. You got to be fair about it. That isn't apples to apples with mature bodies. So personally I didn't want either team to win last night if I could have had a choice. And if JC could beat Paintsville lets say I wouldn't be dissappointed although I'm sure they have their hold backs's just like most schools.
Who would have done better against the 7th Region team. I just want whoever will represent the 15th to beat the **** out of the louisville team.
this was, hands down, the greatest game i have ever witnessed in my entire high school career!! both teams had been looking forward to this game all season long, not to mention the entire community. shelby valley was losing by twenty, later came back with a small lead, went into double overtime, and had to sit out three players - both teams wanted it BAD! i know paintsville also fouled out a player..these two teams did not want to settle for defeat.
i'm so thankful that i was able to witness it last night..i've never seen such a crowd of nothing but blue & white, on both sides!!

HUGEcongratulations to paintsville for their win, and also to shelby valley for a hard fought game. & to paintsville, good luck in your game tonight!!
NYY10 Wrote:And I dont see anybody else laughtin at this. do you..
I'm sorry that is seems this loss has taken away your sense of humor, because you see sarcasm is one of the many things that are funny...I just think that its laughable when people get real worked up about things they had no influence over to begin with and can't change now that its happened....OMG would've thought it funny a few pages back.
I will tip my hat to Valley. I wanted to leave when it was 27-7. I'm glad I didn't!
Does anyone got any stats?
mjballer23 Wrote:Does anyone got any stats?

Go look on page 5
The Best Game I've ever witnessed on the high school court..........
Did anybody see the time Landon pinned the ball off the backboard with two hands after Kirby shot the layup......That play was pretty sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW........................Shane Grimm was a man among boys in this game!!!!!! Easily scored at will, and that was showed at the end of the fourth quarter when Bundy stalled the ball and hit Grimm on the slash and scored with 1second on the clock
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next