Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCU Football 2008
http://www.kcufootball.com/index_files/page0001.htm

How do you think the Knights will do this year?
I say they will win 2 games.
I heard that they will play their home games at Marshall this year since the field is not finished and will not be finished in time.???
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I heard that they will play their home games at Marshall this year since the field is not finished and will not be finished in time.???

True, the field will not be ready for the 2008 season. There has been no announcement yet regarding a contract for where games will be played. Negotiations are ongoing.
I don't see why they couldn't use one of the local high school fields for this? Why in the world would you go all the way to Marshall to play these games? The high school fields have plenty of enough room to hold the crowd they would get, and not too mention they will be playing on Saturdays, which is most high school team's day off.
OMG Wrote:I don't see why they couldn't use one of the local high school fields for this? Why in the world would you go all the way to Marshall to play these games? The high school fields have plenty of enough room to hold the crowd they would get, and not too mention they will be playing on Saturdays, which is most high school team's day off.

I'm sure that could be an option. However, I believe that their plans for the program are fairly significant, and I think that they want to start out on a little bigger scale. Marshall is not the only option.
KCU82 Wrote:I'm sure that could be an option. However, I believe that their plans for the program are fairly significant, and I think that they want to start out on a little bigger scale. Marshall is not the only option.

Well no offense but I think they are kidding themselves if they expect to start out conference champions. Are they playing a jv season first, or are they going straight into the full wammy? They have along way to go before they are going to be competitive.
OMG Wrote:Well no offense but I think they are kidding themselves if they expect to start out conference champions. Are they playing a jv season first, or are they going straight into the full wammy? They have along way to go before they are going to be competitive.

I don't think anyone said they were planning to be district champs this season. Also, this is their 2nd season of operation. They played a mixed JV and Varsity schedule last season, all games on the road.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
KCU82 Wrote:I'm sure that could be an option. However, I believe that their plans for the program are fairly significant, and I think that they want to start out on a little bigger scale. Marshall is not the only option.

They will be disappointed.

Unless they get Marshall stadium donated, they will not get enough to pay the light bill.......
Once again, no contract has been signed with anyone. There are multiple options, and they are being considered.

No, I don't expect a conference championship this year, especially since they won't be playing in a conference. Mid-South Conference affiliation doesn't start until 2009. NAIA affiliation starts this year.

Number of wins I expect this year? 5 max. Probably closer to 2. Anything above 2 would be considered a great accomplishment for a first varsity season. Actually, anything above 0 will be great. The recruiting class for this fall looks pretty good. You never know until they blow the whistle and start hitting each other.

If they do play at a large stadium, nobody expects the stadium to be filled. Faulkner University played their first season at the Cramton Bowl, and I think it seats over 20,000. There were a few thousand at the KCU/Faulkner game last season. No big deal. You get your choice of great seats!

KCU travelled well last year, usually with more fans there than the home team (except at Faulkner). With the large number of local athletes coming in this fall, you will see a lot of families and friends show up at the home games. Should be a lot of fun.