Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody know the score of today's Georgetown - Pikeville College baseball game
OMG Wrote:So your saying like soccer and cheerleading and golf and probably tennis too. I can see that because these sports don't generally carry a lot of athletes. I remember hearing a lot of the men's tennis team around 2001, but from what I heard it got disbanned because there wasn't one american and they were all playing on pro circuits in their home country's. That might be why they don't recruit for it anymore, huh? haha. I don't want you to take anything personaly by no means, I respect you and I wouldn't want you to think otherwise.

another thing with recruiting at Pikeville a lot of the sports will take kids who are playing other sports as well. Such as Volleyball may take a couple of Basketball players and match what the basketball team is giving them and vise versa.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:another thing with recruiting at Pikeville a lot of the sports will take kids who are playing other sports as well. Such as Volleyball may take a couple of Basketball players and match what the basketball team is giving them and vise versa.

Yea I don't really know about that, but I know that where Staggs is both the Volleyball and Softball coach he sometimes recruits girls who play both, which works out really good for him.
OMG Wrote:Yea I don't really know about that, but I know that where Staggs is both the Volleyball and Softball coach he sometimes recruits girls who play both, which works out really good for him.
Yeah but idk I hope the baseball team can turn things around, the coach is a great guy I have spoke to him numerous times. I was talking to some of the players and they said its just serious enough that in practice a lot of the guys just goof off and junk which at the collegiate level you can not do or you are going to get whooped.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yeah but idk I hope the baseball team can turn things around, the coach is a great guy I have spoke to him numerous times. I was talking to some of the players and they said its just serious enough that in practice a lot of the guys just goof off and junk which at the collegiate level you can not do or you are going to get whooped.

True, but there are also some guys out there who have no business having a college baseball jersey on in the first place. Hopefully, next year will be a better year for the Bears.
OMG Wrote:True, but there are also some guys out there who have no business having a college baseball jersey on in the first place. Hopefully, next year will be a better year for the Bears.
I agree with that as well, the coach really walked into a mess when he got the job. I really think one of the reasons the college as clamped down on the baseball team was at one point that had oodles of Puerto Ricans on the team and then their Visas ran out causing the program to be in ruins. Did not know if you knew that had happened just thought I would throw that out there.

I know this as well considering earlier we were talking about recruiting and how NAIA colleges can clamp down on where a coach recruits. From where I just transfered as you know University of the Cumberlands. Soccer coach Paulo Neto (Sao Paulo Brazil Native) was told he could only recruit ONE foreign player in this coming recruiting class. Before this coming class the varsity program had been predominately of different nationalities for the varsity program. See in the past if he got a lot of players from Kentucky then they allowed him to recruit around 6 kids from other countries but considering everyone of them got in trouble this past season for drinking on campus they laid the clamp to him.Big Grin
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I agree with that as well, the coach really walked into a mess when he got the job. I really think one of the reasons the college as clamped down on the baseball team was at one point that had oodles of Puerto Ricans on the team and then their Visas ran out causing the program to be in ruins. Did not know if you knew that had happened just thought I would throw that out there.

I know this as well considering earlier we were talking about recruiting and how NAIA colleges can clamp down on where a coach recruits. From where I just transfered as you know University of the Cumberlands. Soccer coach Paulo Neto (Sao Paulo Brazil Native) was told he could only recruit ONE foreign player in this coming recruiting class. Before this coming class the varsity program had been predominately of different nationalities for the varsity program. See in the past if he got a lot of players from Kentucky then they allowed him to recruit around 6 kids from other countries but considering everyone of them got in trouble this past season for drinking on campus they laid the clamp to him.Big Grin

No I think the reason they did that is because of what happened with the tennis team. Only having one over here is easier to monitor, but the men's tennis entire team was foreign and they got in a lot of trouble that year because of them playing on their pro circuits in their country's. They were stripped of everything they won that year. Ever since that they have been hard on teams getting the foreign guys, but baseball had the last of them before they had to leave. The tennis was long before you got there.
OMG Wrote:No I think the reason they did that is because of what happened with the tennis team. Only having one over here is easier to monitor, but the men's tennis entire team was foreign and they got in a lot of trouble that year because of them playing on their pro circuits in their country's. They were stripped of everything they won that year. Ever since that they have been hard on teams getting the foreign guys, but baseball had the last of them before they had to leave. The tennis was long before you got there.

that is really crazy, did the coach get fired? At Lindsey Wilson in the 2006 season of soccer they had a guy from an African proffesional team he played like 6 games with them and all had the be forfeited. However, they still made nationals you would think they would have sanctioned them!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:that is really crazy, did the coach get fired? At Lindsey Wilson in the 2006 season of soccer they had a guy from an African proffesional team he played like 6 games with them and all had the be forfeited. However, they still made nationals you would think they would have sanctioned them!

Yea he was fired, but they kept him on as girls basketball assistant. They were stripped of everything. Conference Championship, and they made it to one of the last couple in Natonals and they found out.