Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody know the score of today's Georgetown - Pikeville College baseball game
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I only knew that Rob had been coaching at Morehead and was not aware of a coaching change nor had I seen him around. Considering when I read this I figured he would have been at church b/c he use to go to church with me. As well many friends of mine that go to Morehead had said he was on campus a few times over the past month and they have spoken with him. So just did not know. Just to add I was questioning whether something had happened or not.

To go back to recruiting, actually in the NAIA, colleges do have an unlimited amount of ways to restrict your recruiting options. The colleges (especially Pikeville) will restrict coaches from going out of a certain area to recruit. Now can the coaches go out of their way and go behind the colleges back sure. As well the college dictates how many scholarships are alloted to each sport. Trust me I know how Pikeville works with this whole recruiting business. When the soccer program was first in place the coach at the time Calvin Wheat was told he was not allowed to recruit any where besides locally. Unless contacted by a player outside of the EKY area.

Well the reason I can assure you this is false is look at the basketball and football teams. Basketball has a kid on a full scholarship from jamaica. Do you think he contacted Pikeville College from Jamaica? The football has all kinds of kids from South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, etc. They can not tell you that for one sport if they don't tell every sport that. Most of the rosters on basketball and football are made up of non-area kids.
Messages In This Thread
Does anybody know the score of today's Georgetown - Pikeville College baseball game - by OMG - 03-19-2008, 08:11 PM