Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know if Paintsville and JCHS played tonight?
Someone had mentioned they were scrimmaging tonight and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything?
JC won 5-1.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:JC won 5-1.

And Paintsville was without 4-5 starters. How did we look.
Scores mean nothing in these deals.

Heard that Cyrus, Humphrey, and Adams all looked good for Paintsville.

Heard that JC was very happy with how some of their guys looked. Also heard that freshman Parker was hitting 85 only after one week off the basketball court.
[quote=Mr.Kimball]Heard that Cyrus, Humphrey, and Adams all looked good for Paintsville.

Heard that JC was very happy with how some of their guys looked. Also heard that freshman Parker was hitting 85.[/quote]
And that was prob at about 75%. I spoke with Cody for awhile Sat night and he said he hadnt even picked up a baseball as of then, so I am sure Coach Hall only had him on cruise control tonite. Ive got to admit, I am really excited about watching him actually learn to pitch, instead of jus firing it up there and hoping for the best.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:[quote=Mr.Kimball]Heard that Cyrus, Humphrey, and Adams all looked good for Paintsville.

Heard that JC was very happy with how some of their guys looked. Also heard that freshman Parker was hitting 85.[/quote]
And that was prob at about 75%. I spoke with Cody for awhile Sat night and he said he hadnt even picked up a baseball as of then, so I am sure Coach Hall only had him on cruise control tonite. Ive got to admit, I am really excited about watching him actually learn to pitch, instead of jus firing it up there and hoping for the best.
Plus a sore arm and a beat up body to go with it. He may hit the upper 80's before the season is over.

Lawrence aint got nothin locked up by a long shot.
Parker can fire it in there. I threw with him last season some and he burnt me up. I can't wait to face him.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:[quote=Ring'Em Up]
Plus a sore arm and a beat up body to go with it. He may hit the upper 80's before the season is over.

Lawrence aint got nothin locked up by a long shot.
That's the Kimball I know. I'm finally glad you said it, so I didnt have to. :p
And what's the deal with the quotes getting all gommed up sometimes? Anyone know why that happens? Is it something we do wrong?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
District 57 is up for grabs between LC, JC, and Paintsville. You can pretty much count out Magoffin.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:[quote=Mr.Kimball][quote=Ring'Em Up]

Lawrence aint got nothin locked up by a long shot.[/quote]
And what's the deal with the quotes getting all gommed up sometimes? Anyone know why that happens? Is it something we do wrong?
JC with a 4-Peat. How's that for optimism? Big Grin
Mr.Kimball Wrote:[quote=Ring'Em Up][quote=Mr.Kimball]JC with a 4-Peat. How's that for optimism? Big Grin

It could happen. I said it when everybody started on the "15th Favorite" thread or whatever the title was and they all said Lawrence or Paintsville would win it. Just cause JC lost Fyffe and Blanton, don't be so quick to count em out of it just yet. IMHO, LC, Paintsville, and JC are the top 3 teams, then Pikeville and IDK after that.
JC and Paintsville are complete different teams this year from last year....
Just because Parker comes in throwing hard doesnt mean that the Region is automatically theirs. The 15th is Lawrence's to lose. Too many good players....:flame:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Scores mean nothing in these deals.

Heard that JC was very happy with how some of their guys looked. Also heard that freshman Parker was hitting 85 only after one week off the basketball court.

What were his stats for the game when he pitched?

Parker din't pitch, but I did see him warm up(about 25-30 pitches total) I don't think he was hitting 85, but I didn't see anyone gunning him either.
Butcher hit the ball very good for the Tigers also.
The biggest difference in this scrimmage was the 7th grader and 2 8th graders that Paintsville had to play at 1st, 2nd and SS. They will be good players in time, just not ready for varsity yet. Austin Lyons was by far the best that was on the mound yesterday for either team. He threw 3 innings gave up 0 runs on 1 hit, 1 walk and had 7 K's.

I wasnt at the game but Guru said Parker didnt even pitch. Now how can you say he was hitting 85 when he didnt even see the hill?
The Guru Wrote:Parker din't pitch, but I did see him warm up(about 25-30 pitches total) I don't think he was hitting 85, but I didn't see anyone gunning him either.
Butcher hit the ball very good for the Tigers also.
The biggest difference in this scrimmage was the 7th grader and 2 8th graders that Paintsville had to play at 1st, 2nd and SS. They will be good players in time, just not ready for varsity yet. Austin Lyons was by far the best that was on the mound yesterday for either team. He threw 3 innings gave up 0 runs on 1 hit, 1 walk and had 7 K's.

Parker threw bullpen. You are correct. Talk to the skipper about the gun times if you so desire. Those aint my numbers. As you know I never repeat any ones numbers, because they are never anywhere close to being correct. I trust my info on this one however.

Also was told that Austin did look very good too. I failed to mention him. Sorry for that.
RedSeal Wrote:I wasnt at the game but Guru said Parker didnt even pitch. Now how can you say he was hitting 85 when he didnt even see the hill?
I never said he threw in the game. Bull Pen session.
RedSeal Wrote:JC and Paintsville are complete different teams this year from last year....
Just because Parker comes in throwing hard doesnt mean that the Region is automatically theirs. The 15th is Lawrence's to lose. Too many good players....:flame:

I can remember back to 2005 when JC came off the '04 state final 4 run with everybody back too. Got beat in the first round of the district that year, with a much better team than what Lawrence has coming back this year. But then Pikeville, Paintsville, JC, and Sheldon Clark were all better all around teams that year too.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:[quote=Mr.Kimball]

Yep. If you bold an entry and mistakenly bold either the bracket or backslash it will mess up the quote. Took me a while to realize why I kept doing it but that is how I fixed yours.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Parker threw bullpen. You are correct. Talk to the skipper about the gun times if you so desire. Those aint my numbers. As you know I never repeat any ones numbers, because they are never anywhere close to being correct. I trust my info on this one however.

Also was told that Austin did look very good too. I failed to mention him. Sorry for that.
He might have hit 85, I dunno. Besides.....Paintsville has always loved the heat!
It's the 50 mph stuff that gets us!Big Grin

If you trust the info, then I do.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:[quote=Mr.Kimball]Heard that Cyrus, Humphrey, and Adams all looked good for Paintsville.

Unless I missed something, Parker didn't even pitch!!!
I am just saying, I think it is odd for everyone to get all excited over a bullpen session.... I do not doubt his velocity. I heard he was hitting upper 80's last year as an 8th grader. But everyone was acting like he was striking out guys left and right.
Gatortater Wrote:[quote=Ring'Em Up]

Unless I missed something, Parker didn't even pitch!!!
This is about the 4th time I mentioned it was a Bullpen session.
The Guru Wrote:He might have hit 85, I dunno. Besides.....Paintsville has always loved the heat!
It's the 50 mph stuff that gets us!Big Grin

If you trust the info, then I do.
Even from as far back as the 70's.Big Grin

Junk seems to get about everybody that has good fastball hitting teams.
RedSeal Wrote:JC and Paintsville are complete different teams this year from last year....
It could mean that it isn't automaticly Lawrence's too.Wink
Mr.Kimball Wrote:It could mean that it isn't automaticly Lawrence's too.Wink

Very true I got on the Big Sandy News website and seen the article today where they ranked the 57th. Lawrence was first, and Paintsville was a close second followed by JC. To be honest those are the only three I looked at and I can't remember if SC or Magoffin was after that.
Thanks Midee, I had always wondered what caused the quotes to mess up sometimes.
Sounds like Austin had a heck of an outing. Good job pal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO the Tigers did an excellent job last evening. They started 3 middle schoolers in very important positions and did fine. They started a 7th (Colby Burchett) at 1st and 2 8ths at 2nd & SS (Timmy Sublett & Ethan Daniels). Austin Lyons threw very well for 3 innings. Travis Ison threw 2 good innings and Jake Cyrus and Tyler Lemasters threw 1 good inning each. The Tigers also threw 2 middle schoolers 1 inning each, 8th grader Dustin Vanhoose who only gave up one hit with at least 2 Ks and 8th grader Timmy Sublett who had 4 Ks in one inning. lol...... Also 8th grader Jordan Stewart finished with a hit. 7th grader Brooks Pelphrey also caught 2 good innings. Heck the Tigers even sent 2 6th graders to the plate in with one putting the ball in play.
The Tigers did an excellent job with what they had. And look to have a very bright future for years to come.
IMO not a bad night.
Also something else....even though these two teams are heated rivals. This was one of the most stress free nights that these 2 have ever had. A lot of smiles, jokes and friendly gestures, both ways. And Nick Vance.....could those pants be ANY tighter!!!! LOL! Just kidding you bub, nice job on the mound.
Redneck Wrote:And Paintsville was without 4-5 starters. How did we look.

Not that it makes much difference but JC was without two of its starters as well. Mike Conley had to get his foot drained again from what I heard. Hope he gets healthy quick.
20/20 Wrote:Not that it makes much difference but JC was without two of its starters as well. Mike Conley had to get his foot drained again from what I heard. Hope he gets healthy quick.

I hope Mike gets to feeling better. JC needs him to be healthy this year. Who was the other. I just can't think of him off the top of my head.