Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Union College Baseball
Lets open some discussion of some local teams of interest.
Union College is currently ranked #16 in the nation in the latest poll....they have a great coach in bart osborne and are looking to repeat there region XII championship and make it to the world series for the first time in school history
Union has climbed to #10 in this weeks National NAIA poll.
This week Union drops two spots to take the #12 spot in the National NAIA polls.
32-9 record. Not too shabby.
Marty Popham improved to a record of 10-1 after he helped the dogs defeat VA wise. He just missed pitching a perfect game as well. He's only a junior be I'm pretty sure he will be drafted after the season comes to an end. Good luck on getting to the WS boys.
Godspeed Wrote:Marty Popham improved to a record of 10-1 after he helped the dogs defeat VA wise. He just missed pitching a perfect game as well. He's only a junior be I'm pretty sure he will be drafted after the season comes to an end. Good luck on getting to the WS boys.

I remember watching Marty play for Valley Sports in All Stars when he was 14. He was about a foot taller than every other kid at that time, but he only topped out at 72 MPH, just like all of the other good pitchers that were playing in the tournament. For some reason I always kept up with him. He played at Spalding when they were an NAIA school before they went NCAA DIII and lost their scholarship money. Union sure latched on to a true gem. He has been probably the most dominating pitcher in all of NAIA this year. Funny how all of those D1 programs missed out on him. Union has a great team this year and I would love to see them reach the WS, but they have a tall order to get by either Tenn. Wesleyan and Lee University to get out of their region.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I remember watching Marty play for Valley Sports in All Stars when he was 14. He was about a foot taller than every other kid at that time, but he only topped out at 72 MPH, just like all of the other good pitchers that were playing in the tournament. For some reason I always kept up with him. He played at Spalding when they were an NAIA school before they went NCAA DIII and lost their scholarship money. Union sure latched on to a true gem. He has been probably the most dominating pitcher in all of NAIA this year. Funny how all of those D1 programs missed out on him. Union has a great team this year and I would love to see them reach the WS, but they have a tall order to get by either Tenn. Wesleyan and Lee University to get out of their region.

Tennessee Wesleyan has a great program. I had a real good friend go there for basketball, and he always talked about their baseball team. I went down to watch a few games and was really impressed. They will have a tough time getting by them.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Tennessee Wesleyan has a great program. I had a real good friend go there for basketball, and he always talked about their baseball team. I went down to watch a few games and was really impressed. They will have a tough time getting by them.

They had 3 kids drafted last season.