Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of the Cumberlands Baseball
Lets open some discussion of some local teams of interest.
Shew, you overwhelmed me with posting all these colleges at once. I'll sleep on em, and try to make some productive talk on some of them tomorrow.
Ive got another member in mind that may enlighten us on each of them until the rest of us chime in.
Good threads, by the way. All, what, 8 or so, of them? Are you post-padding? Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Shew, you overwhelmed me with posting all these colleges at once. I'll sleep on em, and try to make some productive talk on some of them tomorrow.
Ive got another member in mind that may enlighten us on each of them until the rest of us chime in.
Good threads, by the way. All, what, 8 or so, of them? Are you post-padding? Smile
Yeah, trying to catch up to OMG. Smile

Seriously, just tired of basketball talk. In just about every thread I opened there is someone locally that is playing on these teams. I love to keep up with the local boys I have watched grow up all these years.
I only know 2 players on the Cumberland team, Adam & Justin Blanton, would be really nice to find a way to keep up with how they're doing. Haven't had a chance to speak to their dad since last summer. Is there a web site for Cumberland baseball?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Shew, you overwhelmed me with posting all these colleges at once. I'll sleep on em, and try to make some productive talk on some of them tomorrow.

Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah, trying to catch up to OMG. Smile

Seriously, just tired of basketball talk. In just about every thread I opened there is someone locally that is playing on these teams. I love to keep up with the local boys I have watched grow up all these years.

Go ahead and keep running your mouths guys thats fine.
Adam Blanton pitched yesterday vs. Union. He threw a complete game 4-hitter, as the Cumberlands won 4-1.
OMG Wrote:Go ahead and keep running your mouths guys thats fine.

Just funnin around.
OMG Wrote:Go ahead and keep running your mouths guys thats fine.
:thatsfunn

Real nice game by Adam sounds like. Good job.:Clap:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cumberland is currently ranked #17 behind another Kentucky school #16 union college....they have a great team this year and this could be a good time for coach shelton to get a MSC ring
Seen they swept Pikeville today both games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I know 1 person who is playin for UC and that is Schyler Sexton who played for LCC last year, He is on their JV team
Cumberland got beat today by Pikeville in the bottom of the 9th 7-6 today, i'm not sure on the other game.
They won the second game 10-5.
I didn't have a chance to go to the first game of the double-dip today, but the second game was pretty good and featured a few bombs. I thought Pikeville could've took the second game when they had the bases loaded with no outs in the bottom of the 6th. Cumberlands brought in local product Adam Blanton from Johnson Central (Paintsville, KY) and he was very efficient. I believe he may have thrown 5 pitches to get out of the jam if that. He caused a double play I believe on his first pitch and then a pop fly to the next batter. Looked very good I thought and it ended all hopes of a Pikeville rally. Good job Adam.

As for Pikeville, this team is really struggling and I honestly don't know if they can win another game against the in-conference competition. They have a pitcher named Jordan Compton from Haysai (sp?) VA that is a stud. I believe he's started roughly 5 or 6 ball games and has yet to give up a single run with an ERA of 0.00 last time I checked....still without a victory. Not enough run support. The Bears, currently 3-23, have to get things rolling or they'll be lucky to get 10 wins all season....well actually lucky to get anywhere from 5-8. Best of luck to both teams though.
IRISH4 Wrote:I didn't have a chance to go to the first game of the double-dip today, but the second game was pretty good and featured a few bombs. I thought Pikeville could've took the second game when they had the bases loaded with no outs in the bottom of the 6th. Cumberlands brought in local product Adam Blanton from Johnson Central (Paintsville, KY) and he was very efficient. I believe he may have thrown 5 pitches to get out of the jam if that. He caused a double play I believe on his first pitch and then a pop fly to the next batter. Looked very good I thought and it ended all hopes of a Pikeville rally. Good job Adam.

As for Pikeville, this team is really struggling and I honestly don't know if they can win another game against the in-conference competition. They have a pitcher named Jordan Compton from Haysai (sp?) VA that is a stud. I believe he's started roughly 5 or 6 ball games and has yet to give up a single run with an ERA of 0.00 last time I checked....still without a victory. Not enough run support. The Bears, currently 3-23, have to get things rolling or they'll be lucky to get 10 wins all season....well actually lucky to get anywhere from 5-8. Best of luck to both teams though.

You said in another thread that you were a coach at Pikeville College. That's not a very optimistic view for a coach to have of his team? You should be trying to motivate these kids instead of telling them their not gonna win another game.
OMG Wrote:You said in another thread that you were a coach at Pikeville College. That's not a very optimistic view for a coach to have of his team? You should be trying to motivate these kids instead of telling them their not gonna win another game.

Just stating the facts and having to be realistic. They are very youthful and the pitching hasn't came around as expected. This year will be a growing year for the younger players. As for me being a coach, at the time yes I was a coach on the staff....however an oppertunity for advancement elsewhere presented itself for a head coaching spot so I took it. I wish Pikeville College nothing but the best and hope they get things straightend up. Recruiting is the main issue I think as of now.
The latest NAIA polls have the Cumberlands ranked #17 in the nation, Union College (AAC) is just ahead of them at #16. Campbellsville who has won back-to-back MSC championships fell out of the top 25. Georgetown College and Lindsey Wilson College have strong programs too.

The MSC is pretty much stacked in all sports, I saw in the paper today where Georgetown and Cambellsville's men's basketball teams are both in the final four. Would be nice to see these two teams meet in the championship game tomorrow for a nat'l title.

http://naia.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/spe...08aaa.html
Jshort5 Wrote:I know 1 person who is playin for UC and that is Schyler Sexton who played for LCC last year, He is on their JV team

I have heard he has been pitching really well this year and may make the jump to varsity very soon.
The Patriots climb to #8 in this weeks NAIA National poll with a 29-6 record.
Cumberlands moves up two spots this week to tie for the #6 spot in the national NAIA polls.