Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longest Homerun
And I bet you heard about it too.... standing there like a "Lilly":Shaking:
Hahahahahaha....we were called Lillies more than any other thing while playing for good ole Adkins...wouldn't want to have played for anyone else. My favorite was probably telling us during practice "I'm going to order those new uniforms with poca dots for you bunch of clowns."
Cortney Clevinger of Elkhorn put one on the hill side at SV! Straight away center!
"JKWON33" Wrote:Hahahahahaha....we were called Lillies more than any other thing while playing for good ole Adkins...wouldn't want to have played for anyone else. My favorite was probably telling us during practice "I'm going to order those new uniforms with poca dots for you bunch of clowns."

This one could qualify for the Adkins funny thread! I know you know lots more to share!
I BELIEVE THAT IT WAS TUCKER HOWARD THAT HIT ONE TO LEFT FIELD AND HIT ON TOP OF THE APTS. ALSO WHEN HE WAS IN LITTLE LEAGUE HE HIT ONE THAT LANDED BELOW THE ROAD BEHIND THE FIELD UP ON THE HILL. :theman:
DIDNT HE HIT ONE AT PIKEVILLE THAT CLEARED THE FENCE BY 100 FT
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Tucker Howard for Paintsville in 1989 when they were State Runners-Up. At the old Boyd Co field that you could see from US 23 in Catlettsburg. There is a mound that is about 25 feet wide and about 50-60 feet past left field. The fence is 350 feet away in left center. Tucker cleared the mound with a thunderous, high shot. It had to have gone 475 feet.

If he would have hit more of line drive, it's hard telling how far that ball would have gone.
I saw a boy from Bath hit one in District at Morgan Countys new field. It cleared the fence in a line drive, soaring for like ever. They never found the ball. They figured it went over the parking lot behind the fence.
When i played in Florida, a kid from minnesota hit one almost 500ft+ it was crazy, i dont think the ball has landed(LOL)
"#_4" Wrote:I can bat left handed an hit on out at Garrett.
You probably could but I watched you several times and didn't see you hit one right handed.
Jimmy Goble from SC hit 9 his senior and 1 straight away center at Boyd county that landed on the road....About 440 feet
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:When Allen Central played Sheldon Clark during the regional tournament back when AC won it in 2003, Neil Allen hit one over the right field fence and through the goalpost on the football field. People at AC are still talking about that shot! That was the longet I've seen in a while!

I played in 2003 for SC and that was a shot! it was an 2-0 curveball and he stepped into it and drove it. was the best game ac gave us that year.
JASON BOWLING OF OWSLEY COUNTY HIT ONE OVER THE RIGHT FIELD TREES I WOULD SAY THAT IT WAS ABOUT 385 TO 400 FT. SHOT
Yeah i seen one last year at prestonsburg over in left field it landed over in the middle of that mound of rock and dirt id say if the mound wasnt there it would have been close to  500 feet it was a shot. But im not quiet sure who the batter was it was when they was playing phelps. 
I think the all time homerun hitter tc "the goat" maynard hit a homerun 3,418 miles.But he will struggle this season because he got his sheens blown off and lost 8 inches of height but he will be playing this season...
Jason Kinner-Paintsville  Hit a towering shot off of JCHS's Heath Castle( now in Yankee's organization) at Central. He hit it to dead center field and it hit half way up the pool building that sits about 25 feet behind center field, which is 400ft from the plate.  It's hard to hit a "no doubter" out of Central's field but that one sure was. 
TC "Goat" Maynard once hit one over the big green monster at fenway park in a Jr. League game when he was 14 years old.
What was the farthest one that Tucker ever hit.
Torn_Apart Wrote:TC "Goat" Maynard once hit one over the big green monster at fenway park in a Jr. League game when he was 14 years old.
lol that would be an interesting thing to since there is soem mlb players that get lucky to hit one over the monster. So I will have to say he is a hitter.:Clap:
TC "the goat" Maynard has some sweet SKILL!
ggh04 Wrote:TC "the goat" Maynard has some sweet SKILL!
He didn't look too impressive against Allen Central last week. Sure, Sheldon Clark won, but "the goat" didn't impress me very much!
The Guru Wrote:In'81 I saw Paintsville Soph. hit a shot at Johnson Central, that cleared the lights in rightfield, and landed around the 30 or 40 yard line of the football field! That made it about a520 foot shot!!! Same year I saw Tony Mayes of Paintsville hit one that travelled about 1250 feet!!!
There was no fense and he hit a liner that hit the road about 340 ft away and bounced and bounced and bounced, then went through a trailer park!!! The funny thing was that, since there was no fence, he had to run it out and it was considred an inside the parker!!

WOW that's a real touchdown huh