Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK 9, Auburn 8 (baseball)
Kentucky gets out to a big early lead, then survives a late-inning comeback to salvage the final game of the series and avoid a sweep.

Cats now sit at 4-2 in the SEC.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good win for the Batcats.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Good win for the Batcats.

Only because they avoided the sweep. Auburn is not that great this year, and after this series it makes me wonder how good the Cats will be down teh stretch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Only because they avoided the sweep. Auburn is not that great this year, and after this series it makes me wonder how good the Cats will be down teh stretch.

Well, every team has down games or series. I think UK will still be pretty good.
Whats Kentuckys RECORD?
Anyone Know?
Tpx_Slugger Wrote:Anyone Know?

21-2 is there record, and they 4-2 in the SEC.
OMG Wrote:21-2 is there record, and they 4-2 in the SEC.

What is their ranking now?
bluegrassballa Wrote:What is their ranking now?

I don't know about that
alfus21 Wrote:Only because they avoided the sweep. Auburn is not that great this year, and after this series it makes me wonder how good the Cats will be down teh stretch.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's hard to win on the road in the SEC, no matter who the opponent is. Just look at Vanderbilt, who is generally regarded as the best team in the league this year. They just went to Tuscaloosa and dropped a series to the very same team that UK swept at home the weekend before.

bluegrassballa Wrote:What is their ranking now?

Depends on who you ask. The ranking that has them highest is Collegiate Baseball, at #8 (they're also the ones who had them at #2 last week). The other major ranking is Baseball America, where they are listed at #18.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]