Poll: Should it be?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.15%
No
51.85%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Soccer be in all High Schools in Eastern KY
RavenBoy Wrote:I believe Perry Central has one. I dont know for sure on that though.

Yeah they do my girl friend played for them this past season but will be graduating. They use to be very very good, but the team has kind of went down hill on both sides due to graduation classes have been very high.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yeah they do my girl friend played for them this past season but will be graduating. They use to be very very good, but the team has kind of went down hill on both sides due to graduation classes have been very high.
Not many 14th Region teams have soccer, other than Pcc, I dont know of any.
RavenBoy Wrote:Not many 14th Region teams have soccer, other than Pcc, I dont know of any.

Letcher, Jackson, and Estill all do but that is it.
It's a sport that is being overlooked a lot at Eastern KY Schools which is not in the best interest of the kids. In the three years we have been involved in the soccer program at Pike Central, the number of kids to receive offers of scholarship money for soccer is in the double digits. If you add all the other sports together, I won't say for certain, but I am pretty sure we have had more kids to get college scholarship money than all the other sports combined. Soccer is not as popular here and therefore the competition for scholarships is not as stiff. Right now it's a great way to get help with school and to be a collegiate athlete.
RavenBoy Wrote:Ill tell ya Baseball and soccer are both boring sports IMO

GREATEST POST ON BGR TO THIS DATE IN HISTORY :worthy:
RavenBoy Wrote:I like playing the video games but thats about it. I hate it in real life though. :thumpsup:

Everytime I read your one of your post, I learn that we are just alike, lol.
HazzBeen Wrote:Sometimes your football team can even get a kicker from soccer..lol

Yeah. A couple years back, Powell had a foreign exchange student from Brazil that played soccer. We convinced him to come out for football, and after that he was nailing the football through the uprights. He was a good soccer player. The name was Hugo Buonora.
The schools should see if there is enough interest from the students to have a team and if it's there, they should offer a team.

Corbin's soccer program has been on the upswing and won the region for the first time last year before losing in the state playoffs. They have scheduled 5 top 25 teams for this year including Tates Creek, Ryle, Danville, Montgomery Co. and Madison Central to try and continue to elevate the program.
SEKYFAN Wrote:The schools should see if there is enough interest from the students to have a team and if it's there, they should offer a team.

Corbin's soccer program has been on the upswing and won the region for the first time last year before losing in the state playoffs. They have scheduled 5 top 25 teams for this year including Tates Creek, Ryle, Danville, Montgomery Co. and Madison Central to try and continue to elevate the program.
Yes corbin has done a nice job of elevating its standard of play over the past few years. They are very young right now which is good for them, the region has slacked of in talent unfortunately. The 5 teams you mentioned however will allow them to step it up a notch. Also I would like to say congrats to BJ Vann of Corbin on signing to play at the University of the Cumberlands. The coaching staff is amazing, if you read this remember though do not make the mistake that I did. Make sure your school comes b-4 soccer or you will lose that opportunity to play for Neto.
Soccer might not be the most popular sport in Eastern Kentucky, but the young males and females should have the opportunity to participate in the sport. In others words, I say yes.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yes corbin has done a nice job of elevating its standard of play over the past few years. They are very young right now which is good for them, the region has slacked of in talent unfortunately. The 5 teams you mentioned however will allow them to step it up a notch. Also I would like to say congrats to BJ Vann of Corbin on signing to play at the University of the Cumberlands. The coaching staff is amazing, if you read this remember though do not make the mistake that I did. Make sure your school comes b-4 soccer or you will lose that opportunity to play for Neto.

There are a couple of other players who will be seniors this coming season that are considering playing at Cumberland. Corbin will be attending Neto's team camp next month down at Cumberland.
letcher central has a good start to compete in soccer. The second year we was runner up in the district. Had the most wins in region and lost in ot to perry central. We have a rec legue, jr soccer program. They are using the old high school baseball field. They made it into a nice field.
cougarpride08 Wrote:letcher central has a good start to compete in soccer. The second year we was runner up in the district. Had the most wins in region and lost in ot to perry central. We have a rec legue, jr soccer program. They are using the old high school baseball field. They made it into a nice field.

There is no way that is true mate. Corbin and South Laurel both had more wins also I am sure Perry did as well.

LCC has had a good start but when looking at there REC league situation it is looking grim right now. Floyd County dismantled both U 19 teams. Honestly one of the U 19 coaches in Letcher never needs to coach again for some of the things he allowed when they played Floyd. Which if I am not mistaking is the high school coach as well.
SEKYFAN Wrote:There are a couple of other players who will be seniors this coming season that are considering playing at Cumberland. Corbin will be attending Neto's team camp next month down at Cumberland.

That is great to hear mate. If you are a parent of a player on corbins team or a player. Listen to me now make sure those kids understand you must go in with an open mind and do not get aggravated if you mess up. It will be one of the best weeks of soccer you'll ever play. Its a blast but at the same time Neto makes it fun. It is all about work ethic, if you have it you will get much better.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Everytime I read your one of your post, I learn that we are just alike, lol.
lol I hope that can be a good thing.Smile