Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th in '09
I have learned over time that I am not that smart, but didn't JC return everyone!! If I am wrong then it will not be the first time, but if I heard right, how can anyone pick a defending regional champ that lost no one over anyone. I know that at any night someone can win but is this not about who should win? I don't gamble but I can figure this out; nevertheless, good luck to all the teams because it seams to me that at the start of the season you always have a dead lock or at least 2 or 3 and they are not the ones that win it. Just a thought!
basketballfan000 Wrote:I have learned over time that I am not that smart, but didn't JC return everyone!! If I am wrong then it will not be the first time, but if I heard right, how can anyone pick a defending regional champ that lost no one over anyone. I know that at any night someone can win but is this not about who should win? I don't gamble but I can figure this out; nevertheless, good luck to all the teams because it seams to me that at the start of the season you always have a dead lock or at least 2 or 3 and they are not the ones that win it. Just a thought!

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Could you explain?
basketballfan000 Wrote:I have learned over time that I am not that smart, but didn't JC return everyone!! If I am wrong then it will not be the first time, but if I heard right, how can anyone pick a defending regional champ that lost no one over anyone. I know that at any night someone can win but is this not about who should win? I don't gamble but I can figure this out; nevertheless, good luck to all the teams because it seams to me that at the start of the season you always have a dead lock or at least 2 or 3 and they are not the ones that win it. Just a thought!

JC does have a lot going for them but didn't their top player blow her acl? Has anyone heard anything about her rehab? I had the same injury and it is not easy to return back to playing shape and that brace that you have to wear is HORRIBLE!!! It will be interesting to see how she does, I wish her well. If she is 100% JC has to be #1 until someone beats them.

My top 3 are JC, PC and Paintsville.
BASICBALL Wrote:Johnson Central
Pike Central
Shelby Valley*
Paintsville*
Phelps*
east ridge
Magoffin
Betsy Lane
South Floyd
Belfry

* could flip flop either way between these 3

I dont think that South Floyd will be in the top. And Belfry and Betsy Layne is better than 8th and 10th
whos your momma Wrote:JC does have a lot going for them but didn't their top player blow her acl? Has anyone heard anything about her rehab? I had the same injury and it is not easy to return back to playing shape and that brace that you have to wear is HORRIBLE!!! It will be interesting to see how she does, I wish her well. If she is 100% JC has to be #1 until someone beats them.

My top 3 are JC, PC and Paintsville.

She had surgery last April/May, and she's been doing well. I think I read that she's hoping to get back for the latter part of volleyball if possible. Word has it she'll be ready to go by basketball season.
oldfoggie13 Wrote:Sheldon Clark Underdog
Be A Surprise
Coach Rice Is An Excellent Coach

i agree!.
coach rice has been working these girls and he has some serious talent.
carla booth, patience brewer, jordan harless, candace horn, brittany dalton, and freshman talent too!.

they have the talent. the heart. and the pride to win!
:Thumbs:
I think if swidell gets eligable at valley they will win region. I heard she did get eligable
OutsideLogic Wrote:Don't forget about the Lady Cards of Sheldon Clark. This will be year 2 of the Rice era and he has alot of talent returning. Patience Brewer will be back. Lawrence County could be a big surprise team also. They return alot of girls from last year's team.

Patience Brewer is not playing this year.
OK Hands Down..the Lady Eagles of JCHS will win the 15th Region..they returned everyone except the Burton girl..but she didn't start all the time anyways..and as for Conley being hurt..she will be back for the season...i know the girl and shes no quitter..she can take a lot more pain then most..and she will be right there from the first tip-off of the season till the last buzzard sounds..trust me on this one when i say the only thing questionable is who JCHS will beat by 20 points in the 15th Region Championship Game.. :thumpsup:
Pike Central may have something to say about that region final mr. postman.
rallo316 Wrote:Pike Central may have something to say about that region final mr. postman.

That they will. Pike Central vs. Johnson Central for Region
Pc And Jc Get Together Jan. 12 At Pc
If...Then Wrote:That they will. Pike Central vs. Johnson Central for Region

I COULD BE WRONG BUT I DONT SEE IT BEING PC,I WOULD PUT PHELPS,SV,OR PAINTSVILLE OVER PC THIS YEAR
phelps over pc lol i doubt that, they still have alot of talent on that team so dont get ahead of yourself good luck to pc this year hope to see them go all the way
I don't know what to think about a coach sitting his best player on the bench, he better rethink his coaching skills if he plans on winning any games. AD Slone has worked really hard for this year I hope its a good one for her.
kitty_cat Wrote:phelps over pc lol i doubt that, they still have alot of talent on that team so dont get ahead of yourself good luck to pc this year hope to see them go all the way

LAUGH IF YOU MUST ,BUT LOSING KAYLA LOWE IS REALLY GOING TO HURT PC.TRUE THEY STILL HAVE SOME TALENT BUT THEY ARE GOING TO BE WEAK IN SEVERAL AREAS.THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BE THE TEAM EVERYONE THINKS THEY WILL BE.BUT EVERYONE CAN KEEP OVER LOOKING LITTLE OL PHELPS AND THEY WILL BE SURPRISED AS I SAID .
sportsmom1 Wrote:I don't know what to think about a coach sitting his best player on the bench, he better rethink his coaching skills if he plans on winning any games. AD Slone has worked really hard for this year I hope its a good one for her.
where are you getting info from AD played most of the game.
I may be asking a question that has been answered and I missed it, if so, I apologize. But has Brittney Swindall been cleared by KHSAA to play at Shelby Valley?
Yeah, I think Pike Central still has alot of talent, But I think it will hurt them that they lost Kayla Lowe, Plus they also lost Kayla Ratliff, who was the top 3-point shooter in the state her freshman yr, She could bust 3's left and right,I think it will be a hard yr for the lady hawks, with the losses they have on the team, Plus with a new coach, I wish them all the best this season,Just because I am a Hawk Fan doesn't mean I don't know they are in for a hard season, And as for Phelps I for one think they will have a good season, They do have alot of talent, I know the 2 teams don't like each other much, But give credit were credit is due, I hope Central goes all the way, But hay, If Phelps does I will be at the expo cheering them on. good luck to both teams.
I don't think Allen Central will be in the top ten at all this year, because they have a new coach who they are still trying to adjust to and as of right now they only have 9 players and only 3 or 4 of those 8 players are coming back from last season.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I may be asking a question that has been answered and I missed it, if so, I apologize. But has Brittney Swindall been cleared by KHSAA to play at Shelby Valley?

As far as I've heard she hasnt
onlythebest Wrote:As far as I've heard she hasnt

Thank you. I hate that for Brittney.
Where is LC on some of these lists??
Phelps is going to surprise a lot of teams this season.
I can't wait to see it all go down.
lc_cheer33 Wrote:Where is LC on some of these lists??

Same place they will be come regional tourney time-ABSENT.