Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th in '09
3 Reasons:
1) Politics
2) Politicians
3) Moohlah $$$$ & rewards-cruises, boob jobs, cars, etc. and NO I AM NOT KIDDING OR JOKING....LOL

15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:J.R it wasn't really a response to what you said. I have a lot of respect for you and what you have done over at Phelps. I just think that the KHSAA does things very shady at times. The reason you don't know what I am talking about is b/c you were still at P-VIlle with BMR at that time. But two girls transfered from Pikeville and were ruled ineligible the year Central made the final four of the state tournament. Now we all know the Belfry girls did not have a legal change of address nor did the girls from Pikeville. Now tell me how do they get ruled eligible...It is called Politics either that OR the KHSAA is very inconsistent. Oh and the reasoning for transferring was the same.
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:3 Reasons:
1) Politics
2) Politicians
3) Moohlah $$$$ & rewards-cruises, boob jobs, cars, etc. and NO I AM NOT KIDDING OR JOKING....LOL

this needs to be removed... i would like to see you back this up.... your makking asumptions and false statements that are completly [SIZE=5]Ludicrous this needs to be shut down this is about the 15th in 09 not JR vanhoose i swear you people must love him as much as you talk about him every time someone talks about the 15th on this sight it all goes to JR and Phelps... Talk about the 15th. people don't worry about JR and Phelps and Quit makking asumptions about how stuff gets done... [SIZE=3]BOOB JOBS!?!?!?!?!? you have got to be kidding me cruises!?!?!? Cars!>!>!>!> WHO has got any of these things that goes to Phelps and Plays basketball[/SIZE][/SIZE]

IMO i think that you have got off on a warped opinion on how things work just because that phelps will have a dominating team next year that will contend anywhere next year doesn't meen that you can make charges such as this about people that you do not even know.:mad: :mad: :mad:
PHS#1 Wrote:this needs to be removed... i would like to see you back this up.... your makking asumptions and false statements that are completly [SIZE=5]Ludicrous this needs to be shut down this is about the 15th in 09 not JR vanhoose i swear you people must love him as much as you talk about him every time someone talks about the 15th on this sight it all goes to JR and Phelps... Talk about the 15th. people don't worry about JR and Phelps and Quit makking asumptions about how stuff gets done... [SIZE=3]BOOB JOBS!?!?!?!?!? you have got to be kidding me cruises!?!?!? Cars!>!>!>!> WHO has got any of these things that goes to Phelps and Plays basketball[/SIZE][/SIZE]

IMO i think that you have got off on a warped opinion on how things work just because that phelps will have a dominating team next year that will contend anywhere next year doesn't meen that you can make charges such as this about people that you do not even know.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey, no worries. I am not even sure what that post was about either. Don't let this stuff bother you. I just quit posting in this forum because I could tell it was going to get a little out of hand. Let them have their opinions, albeit a little on the harsh side. This should be about next year and all of the other teams in the region, I agree with you on that, so lets try to get it back on topic. I would put a Top 5 list together, but I was never good at that type of thing anyway!
Exactly how good will Pike Co. Central be? Who else did they lose besides Lowe? How much will having to adjust to a new coach affect them?
Luther Rackley Wrote:Exactly how good will Pike Co. Central be? Who else did they lose besides Lowe? How much will having to adjust to a new coach affect them?

I look for them to be good again.
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:3 Reasons:
1) Politics
2) Politicians

I never said what school those things have happened at. If you can figure it out then it's not a false statement. If the shoe fits, wear it!
I willl post my top 5 after I have seen all or most of the teams. I saw 3 play tonight-Paintsville, Pikeville, Prestonsburg...........It will be a few weeks before I post mine..........
PHS#1 Wrote:this needs to be removed... i would like to see you back this up.... your makking asumptions and false statements that are completly [SIZE=5]Ludicrous this needs to be shut down this is about the 15th in 09 not JR vanhoose i swear you people must love him as much as you talk about him every time someone talks about the 15th on this sight it all goes to JR and Phelps... Talk about the 15th. people don't worry about JR and Phelps and Quit makking asumptions about how stuff gets done... [SIZE=3]BOOB JOBS!?!?!?!?!? you have got to be kidding me cruises!?!?!? Cars!>!>!>!> WHO has got any of these things that goes to Phelps and Plays basketball[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I just want to state that not once did I say it was political as to why these girls were ruled eligible. I just think it is very odd that most kids when they DO transfer are ruled ineligible and then all of a sudden in this case they have been ruled eligible under the exact same circumstances.

With that said I do not see either one making a huge improvement for the Lady Hornets. They were one heck of a team this past season, but one year with a good coach is not going to turn their program completely around. Hints why a team that was not better than them beat them out of district. That was due to the inconsistence popped up once they were on the big scene. As well with the new district alignment I think it will make it a little bit tougher on them and Pike Central. It will be a brawl with in the 59th this year for 1st - 3rd between Valley, Phelps and Pike Central. The great thing is IMO all three will make regionals. Also IMO it will be between Pike Central and Phelps for first.

My Top 5

1.Johnson Central- By far the favorite, did not lose anything and have a great chance at repeating with a great coach behind them. They are big, fast and shoot very well. The inside game will be theirs for the taking this season. I like to refer to them as the new "Pike Central".

2. Phelps- With the new transfers and a great coach to go with it they are going to make some noise. I think they will get off to a slow start as chemistry will be a problem in the beginning. They have Riley on the inside which will help, especially if she gets stronger during the off season. Last season they lacked ball handling a little bit which got them in trouble.

3. Valley- They have been youthful in the past which is why they have struggled at times. With the loss of Roberts last season they found leaders in those young players and have found some floor generals. They will be small but have a GREAT transition game.

4. Pike Central- The loss of Lowe and Butcher is the poison that will damper the Lady Hawks this season. They got a new coach who right now is sailing the seas, will be interesting to see how they play out this season in the new coaching scheme. Don't get me wrong they got one heck of a coach but his philosophies are much different. I think they will make a late push while starting of with three early losses depending on the schedule.

5. Paintsville- What a scare they gave me this year in the first round of district, I said once we got the draw that it was the worse possible draw we could have gotten. They were young but will now have the maturity to upset any team in the 15th.

This season will be one of the most interesting that we will have watched in a long time. With the new alignment of districts and a field of teams that are matched evenly now 1-5. Good Luck during the summer.
I agree that the post is pretty ridiculous. However, there was no reference to Phelps or Coach Vanhoose. Also, I think the Boob Job comment was out of line, but if people think that cars aren't handed out in this region they are very naive. And, every school/community has someone who can afford these things.

As far as the list goes, I'll just go with three right now.

1. Johnson Central
2. Shelby Valley
3. Paintsville

I think that Phelps could have a really nice team. A running, pressing team will give them fits because they aren't deep. Teams will key on Riley, Pruitt, and Hall. Whitt hasn't played in a couple of years and there are no other offensive weapons. But it's a long way off and Coach Vanhoose a lot of time to work and develop these players.
I will tell you this about my team this summer. I am looking to see what skills we have right now and what can be done to make us better in the fall/winter. Winning in the summer is not as important to me as some would think. Yes, I like to win, but all of my girls are going to play and get some experience this summer going against good competition. I want to see what we can do to improve on things this upcoming season, not how many games we can win in the summer!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I will tell you this about my team this summer. I am looking to see what skills we have right now and what can be done to make us better in the fall/winter. Winning in the summer is not as important to me as some would think. Yes, I like to win, but all of my girls are going to play and get some experience this summer going against good competition. I want to see what we can do to improve on things this upcoming season, not how many games we can win in the summer!

I don't know if this was directed at my post but I was saying you have a lot of time to work and develop players. I never mentioned anything about summer ball and winning in the summer. I have always felt that winning in the summer isn't important.
kyfan Wrote:I don't know if this was directed at my post but I was saying you have a lot of time to work and develop players. I never mentioned anything about summer ball and winning in the summer. I have always felt that winning in the summer isn't important.

Not directed at anyone, just a general statement about what my plans were for the girls for this summer. I agree I do have a lot of time to work on what I think is necessary. It wasn't directed at anyone, just a random thought early this morning!!!
I think that JC is the best in the region with all there returing talent but PC will be pretty good to.
I don't think Valley will be that good!!!! To many question marks!!!
1. Johnson Central
2. Paintsville
3. PCC
4. Shelby Valley
5. Phelps
6. Betsey Layne

After seeing a few of these teams play today here is my list. 2, 3 and 4 can swith at any time. Only time will tell and whoever wants to work harder
Here are a couple FACTS about transfers and Phelps. Kaitlyn Riley MOVED to Phelps in December 2006, yet was ruled ineligible for the rest of the season. She was ruled eligible in March, I think, after the season was over. A couple years ago, AD Slone transferred from Phelps to Pike Central WITHOUT moving. She even played at PC while her sister played at Phelps. How is that possible? So stop saying that politics rules it all in regards to Phelps. Every school in this region has had transfers in all sports. Quit whining about it, it's been a part of athletics and always will be. If anybody wants to whine, let's hear you people whine about how the BOE has done Phelps. Running the PC buses within 10 minutes of Phelps School, how is that fair? They have closed their boundaries so tight that it is impossible to field teams without transfers. It's all fun and games when the bigger schools get transfers, so when Phelps does, all I can say is just DEAL WITH IT!!!!!
Shady Grady Wrote:Here are a couple FACTS about transfers and Phelps. Kaitlyn Riley MOVED to Phelps in December 2006, yet was ruled ineligible for the rest of the season. She was ruled eligible in March, I think, after the season was over. A couple years ago, AD Slone transferred from Phelps to Pike Central WITHOUT moving. She even played at PC while her sister played at Phelps. How is that possible? So stop saying that politics rules it all in regards to Phelps. Every school in this region has had transfers in all sports. Quit whining about it, it's been a part of athletics and always will be. If anybody wants to whine, let's hear you people whine about how the BOE has done Phelps. Running the PC buses within 10 minutes of Phelps School, how is that fair? They have closed their boundaries so tight that it is impossible to field teams without transfers. It's all fun and games when the bigger schools get transfers, so when Phelps does, all I can say is just DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

Great post!
As far as Phelps goes they will be just fine. Their chemistry will come together come regular season. They looked pretty good at SV when I watched them play on Wed. They just looked like they hadn't practiced together much, and I believe I overheard they had only been in the gym for a day or so together, so it really wasn't too bad. As far as Whitt not playing, she didn't look too bad, but once you got the talent that her and some of them girls have on that team, you really don't loose it. Hall,Riley,Pruitt and Whitt together they are going to make some noise. I didn't see any fussin or fighting among each other and that was the first time they had played together which is good. Something I'm sure Pruitt and Whitt aren't used to. I'm happy for these girls and Phelps. JR and his team will cause ruckus this year.

As far as PC, they looked pretty good too. It should be these two teams competing for district champion this year. It will be a heck of a game. Can't wait until the season starts!!

Shelby Valley didn't look to bad either, actually they looked good. They looked well in shape and looked like they had been practicing for a while. These girls will make some noise too.
Someone told me that P-burg beat Valley is that true?
Someone said that Phelps top six players where seniors. If so they better enjoy this year!
Tubby Lover Wrote:Someone said that Phelps top six players where seniors. If so they better enjoy this year!

yea top 5...
Tubby Lover Wrote:Someone told me that P-burg beat Valley is that true?

P-bug beat SV. SV's starters started out the game and got about a 28 point lead, and then Rodney let his JV play which held the lead, and then when he put his 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders in they came back and won the game. His top 8 players never stepped on the floor again after ten minutes in the first half.
Phelps looks real good. Pruitt I would say is at least in the top 5 best players in the region. I would say she had 30 or more points against PCC. Phelps will be a dangers team. I still am waiting for them to run some offense though, and play tough man to man defense. Good luck to all the teams.
Pikeville beat Pburg double figures and Magoffin by 7 today. They led Paintsville the entire game and ended up losing by 4-5 I think in the last couple minutes. They will SHOCK some teams. People are underestimating them.
i doubt pruitt had 30 she did play good though
i thought pcc looked really good to be short 2 players and a coach lol
ratliff and coleman were both hitting there shots which is a good sign and slone was really strong with the ball and had some great blocks
It is about impossible to judge how good a team is in Summer ball. Most camps do not keep fouls, and that is a big factor in regular season.
Thanks for the info Hootie, I was wondering how P burg beat Valley! Did he really play his 5th and 6th graders.Are there any good young kids?
hornet14 Wrote:i doubt pruitt had 30 she did play good though
i thought pcc looked really good to be short 2 players and a coach lol
ratliff and coleman were both hitting there shots which is a good sign and slone was really strong with the ball and had some great blocks

Pruitt had at least a little over half of their points.
PCC did look good, to be short Holly but the other one I don't believe will be a big factor she never has been before. Slone played scared against Riley, but she still was alright.
Both teams are going to be great.
Tubby Lover Wrote:Thanks for the info Hootie, I was wondering how P burg beat Valley! Did he really play his 5th and 6th graders.Are there any good young kids?

Yes he did! He had one 5th grader and two six graders on the floor, one seventh grader and a freshman. The 5th grader is his daughter who came in a scored about 6 points. Yes he

Valley has come a long way and if their work ethic stays the same they are going to be dangerous. Their stile will be a little different. I think most will be supprised.
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:Pikeville beat Pburg double figures and Magoffin by 7 today. They led Paintsville the entire game and ended up losing by 4-5 I think in the last couple minutes. They will SHOCK some teams. People are underestimating them.

to bad in that pikeville game magoffin was playing without hall due to an injury from what i heard...that could have made a major difference seeing that many was playing out of position. But ahh its just summer ball