Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boycott Jose Canseco's new Book!!
I am so sick and tired of Jose Canseco. He has a new book entitled "Vindicated," which comes out soon where he once again sales out his former colleagues. He should be blackballed from baseball and never be aloud to hold a bat for the remainder of his life. He has put a black eye over the greatest game on earth, and tarnished some of kid's favorite players and hero's. I for one will never buy or read his book because it is all horse ****. Join me in boycotting Jose Canseco from ever making another dollar off of other people's lives. Hopefully he will get his own one day.
I have to disagree with ya on this one, Wabbit. Yeah, I hate reading the stuff, but as long as the information he releases continues to be legit, then I think it's best for the game. Ya have to start somewhere in getting it cleaned up and I truly think all this mess we have dealt with the last 2 years over steroids is gonna be best for baseball in the long run. I know of nothing in his books that have ever been proven to be false. Maybe I missed sumthin, but I cant recall anything in particular that was ever found to be a lie.
As far as him being the one that put that black eye over the game, it is the players that abused the drugs to begin with, that are solely responsible. Yeah, he may have introduced alot of them to the drugs, distibutors, etc, but they still had their choice as to whether or not to use or not to use.
I'm pretty sure he'll be getting my $24.95 or so. The only reason I would like for him not to make anymore money this way, is so he may have to go on some more goofy reality shows, like that "Surreal Life" deal. That was good stuff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I remember when this whole thing started and I started saying some names and a bunch of you guys went ape S**T....lol

Well, All I have to say is, I Told You So! lol

It wasn't illegal not to long ago in the sport, so why wouldn't they do it. So watch who all else appears in this one...lol
The only ones who have really been proven to have done them are the ones like Pettite who admitted it. They haven't and will never be able to prove anything else on ones like Clemens, and some of the others. Because there is no concrete evidence I refuse to believe it. It's just a bitter ex-player who was blackballed from the game, trying to still get attention, and I want not part in what he has to say.

On another note...There is a secret code that baseball players go by. It's an unspoken bond between teammates and other members of the game. You don't sale out one of your teammates. So regardless if this is true I still don't want Canseco to make a dime off of this.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:The only ones who have really been proven to have done them are the ones like Pettite who admitted it. They haven't and will never be able to prove anything else on ones like Clemens, and some of the others. Because there is no concrete evidence I refuse to believe it. It's just a bitter ex-player who was blackballed from the game, trying to still get attention, and I want not part in what he has to say.

On another note...There is a secret code that baseball players go by. It's an unspoken bond between teammates and other members of the game. You don't sale out one of your teammates. So regardless if this is true I still don't want Canseco to make a dime off of this.

I'm so tired of hearing that bull****...there is an "unspoken bond" but I'm glad he came out and told all of that stuff. The sport needs to be cleaned up and he helped do that. As long as he continues to be legit like another poster said then I'm fine with it.

And by the way man, he has never said anything about Clemens or Pettite, so get your facts strait.
vundy33 Wrote:I'm so tired of hearing that bull****...there is an "unspoken bond" but I'm glad he came out and told all of that stuff. The sport needs to be cleaned up and he helped do that. As long as he continues to be legit like another poster said then I'm fine with it.

And by the way man, he has never said anything about Clemens or Pettite, so get your facts strait.

I was just using them as an example of the situation as a whole. Calm down. I don't mind that the information came out, but the way it came out is why I think he is trash. It's obvious you have never played baseball or been a part of a team with a traditional coach, or you would know what I am talking about. There are some thing you just don't do, and he violated the biggest one of them all. And he is trash!
He was right about everyone in his first book, can't wait to see who all is in his new one.
He should have came out and told everything instead of saving it for a book. Now its just getting old and noone cares. He needs to just move on with his life instead of getting off to bringing people down.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I was just using them as an example of the situation as a whole. Calm down. I don't mind that the information came out, but the way it came out is why I think he is trash. It's obvious you have never played baseball or been a part of a team with a traditional coach, or you would know what I am talking about. There are some thing you just don't do, and he violated the biggest one of them all. And he is trash!

I've been part of plenty of teams but I'm an honest person. I don't know if I would have went about it the same way he did but If I was asked under oath or something like that then I would not hesitate to give up the information I had.
With all the name dropping he does in his books it would surprise me if he is just tryin to drag others down with him so he don't go alone
vundy33 Wrote:I've been part of plenty of teams but I'm an honest person. I don't know if I would have went about it the same way he did but If I was asked under oath or something like that then I would not hesitate to give up the information I had.

I can agree with that....
To tell ya the truth I can't believe no one has attempted to kill him yet with all the money these MLB players that he has told on has...
vundy33 Wrote:To tell ya the truth I can't believe no one has attempted to kill him yet with all the money these MLB players that he has told on has...

I would have personally regardless of the punishment.
Canseco can easily be deemed the Savior of Baseball. Without his first book we may have still been forced to watch juiced up players for years to come breaking records that "CLEAN" players from days gone by set after lots of hard work and dedication.

Jackrabbitslim- I hope you are never part of a Law Enforcement Agency because it seems to me like if you were to witness any wrongdoing or abuse of power by another Officer you would not come forward and blow the whistle on the real criminal but rather protect your Team Mate.
DevilsWin Wrote:Canseco can easily be deemed the Savior of Baseball. Without his first book we may have still been forced to watch juiced up players for years to come breaking records that "CLEAN" players from days gone by set after lots of hard work and dedication.

Jackrabbitslim- I hope you are never part of a Law Enforcement Agency because it seems to me like if you were to witness any wrongdoing or abuse of power by another Officer you would not come forward and blow the whistle on the real criminal but rather protect your Team Mate.

You **** right I wouldn't! There is a lot to be said for loyalty! A quality a lot of Americans have forgotten over the years. In cases like that, as long as no one was killed, I would keep my mouth shut. The truth always comes out some other way.

For years in the minor leagues players were forced to use and abuse steriods because it was a matter of "keeping up with jone's." There was no testing policy, and players would either have to make the choice of staying in the minors or get to a point that other players are at, so you might have a chance to get to the show. It was a survival mechanism. There is no retirement plan for the minor leagues! It was do or die for some of these athletes who used and they took a chance. A chance that I would have probably done as well. I tried it in college, but quit after one cycle. Don't get me wrong some players who used were already in the majors, or would have made it anyway, and that is where the abuse comes in. i never said I didn't agree with it hurting baseball, all I wanted to say was the way Canseco went about everything he should not make a dime off of any of these books. Making money by saling people out is not a lifestyle I would want to lead, and it's no different than being in the league and using. People forget that he was one of the ones who were responsible for bringin steriods into baseball, and now you want to call him "the savior of baseball?" Are you kidding me. He has a hand in why it is such a problem in the first place. People seen him and McGwire getting by with it, and he makes no apology's by admitting the fact that he introduced baseball to steriods, but yet people applaud him. It makes me sick, he is a joke!!!!!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:You **** right I wouldn't! There is a lot to be said for loyalty! A quality a lot of Americans have forgotten over the years. In cases like that, as long as no one was killed, I would keep my mouth shut. The truth always comes out some other way.

For years in the minor leagues players were forced to use and abuse steriods because it was a matter of "keeping up with jone's." There was no testing policy, and players would either have to make the choice of staying in the minors or get to a point that other players are at, so you might have a chance to get to the show. It was a survival mechanism. There is no retirement plan for the minor leagues! It was do or die for some of these athletes who used and they took a chance. A chance that I would have probably done as well. I tried it in college, but quit after one cycle. Don't get me wrong some players who used were already in the majors, or would have made it anyway, and that is where the abuse comes in. i never said I didn't agree with it hurting baseball, all I wanted to say was the way Canseco went about everything he should not make a dime off of any of these books. Making money by saling people out is not a lifestyle I would want to lead, and it's no different than being in the league and using. People forget that he was one of the ones who were responsible for bringin steriods into baseball, and now you want to call him "the savior of baseball?" Are you kidding me. He has a hand in why it is such a problem in the first place. People seen him and McGwire getting by with it, and he makes no apology's by admitting the fact that he introduced baseball to steriods, but yet people applaud him. It makes me sick, he is a joke!!!!!

"Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice."

Woodrow Wilson
DevilsWin Wrote:"Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice."

Woodrow Wilson

Good quote...
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:You **** right I wouldn't! There is a lot to be said for loyalty! A quality a lot of Americans have forgotten over the years. In cases like that, as long as no one was killed, I would keep my mouth shut. The truth always comes out some other way.

Im with ya dawg, He is a joke!:thumpsup:
He opened up the door for a lot of discussion about steroids in baseball. He is guilty only of speaking out about something that a lot of people didn't want to hear. I believe that if he didn't write the first book it would have taken even longer for something to be done about steroids in baseball.
DevilsWin Wrote:"Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice."

Woodrow Wilson

He sold out Major League Baseball to make a buck because he had been blackballed from the league. He introduced steriods to baseball. He is to blame mostly for this problem.

You proved my point with your quote. You think he had any self-sacrifice in mind when he came out with that book? The only thing he was thinking of was dollar bills, and that's all he has thought about since the first book came. Now he has though of a few more who may or may not have been apart of this scandal, and he figures he'll sale them out too. That to me is scum. The scum of the earth. Canseco is a leach and a worm and he has no business around baseball or even talking about baseball.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:He sold out Major League Baseball to make a buck because he had been blackballed from the league. He introduced steriods to baseball. He is to blame mostly for this problem.

You proved my point with your quote. You think he had any self-sacrifice in mind when he came out with that book? The only thing he was thinking of was dollar bills, and that's all he has thought about since the first book came. Now he has though of a few more who may or may not have been apart of this scandal, and he figures he'll sale them out too. That to me is scum. The scum of the earth. Canseco is a leach and a worm and he has no business around baseball or even talking about baseball.

Bulls**t. Roids were in and around baseball loooong before Jose "somebody will find me dead in a ditch" Conseco. Smile

He is just the one doing all the whistle blowing.
the 1st book, ok. Thats enough. I dont care if Arod hit on his wife, who gives a rats ***?
OffTheHook Wrote:Bulls**t. Roids were in and around baseball loooong before Jose "somebody will find me dead in a ditch" Conseco. Smile

He is just the one doing all the whistle blowing.

He admitted that he had the majority to do with steriods getting introduced to a lot of players.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:He admitted that he had the majority to do with steriods getting introduced to a lot of players.

Yes, In his era. But, it has always been around the game as well as the other major sport leagues.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:He sold out Major League Baseball to make a buck because he had been blackballed from the league. He introduced steriods to baseball. He is to blame mostly for this problem.

I never said he excersized any Self Sacrifice. My point was if you see something wrong and you do and say nothing about it you should step forward and "Blow the Whistle" even though it may damage you or your representation. That is "Self Sacrifice". With out that your loyalty is nothing less than criminal.
Conceso didn't practice Loyalty or self sacrifice. But a good man would.
I am Spartacus!
HawksRule Wrote:With all the name dropping he does in his books it would surprise me if he is just tryin to drag others down with him so he don't go alone

Im with ya on that one