Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best bass fishing lure to use during the early days of spring
???
Spinner bait!!! White, white and chartreuse. Depending on water color. another would be a crankbait or rattletrap. In spring time though, when fish are on the bed, you can't beat the spinner bait. Try a jig&pig also (black and blue) again depending on water color. Fish it slow, if you think your fishing to slow, then fish it slower.
I personally like to fish a wacky rigged senko. Love when a big one hits the senko. Not a great bait for early spring, but laterWink
My choices vary depending on the conditions, imo you cannot go wrong with........

1. Spinnerbaits - color makes no difference as long as it is white/chart.Big Grin , try "slow rolling " it.
2. A Rapala shad rap, (without the rattles) can be very productive
3. crankbaits in crawdad patterns
5. Plastics such as Senko type worms, tubes and plastic worms are excellent. Another VERY productive springtime plastic is a lizard.
6. Jigs, doesn't matter what color as log as it is black/blue with a matching trailer.

Good Luck and "Leave a couple for seed" :thumpsup:
ukfootballrocks Wrote:???

You have fished with me many of years, you should know that the buzz bait is one of the best baits to use... that and soft plastic.
I had some spinnerbait success last Friday morning on Dewey lake, then Tuesday morning at Paintsville Lake, so I am going to have to say it is my early springtime favorite especially right now!
I agree with BBALL FAN, I like the spinnerbait. Also a texas rig or carolina rig never fails...Now it is getting to be a good time to start using a little top water action too...
Cabin Creek Spider Jig............LOVE this bait!
The rooster-tails have been pretty successful this spring.
imo it would have to be a plastic lizard.. if you drag one in front of a bass they kill it every time....
Cabin Creek Spider Jig