Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Native In the Bigs?
Mark Reynolds who was born in Pikeville Kentucky began playing for the Diamondbacks in the Spring of 07. I have never heard of this kid but he starts at 3rd for them and slugged his way today to help the D-backs in a close loss to the Reds having a two run homer and 3 RBIs.
I heard about him the other day, born in Pikeville moved to Virginia I believe at a later age.
He's from Feds Creek, his dad, Greg, still lives there. He moved to Va beach his freshman year. He did great all year last year, I'm surprised you guys havn't heard of him. He's a good guy.
vundy33 Wrote:He's from Feds Creek, his dad, Greg, still lives there. He moved to Va beach his freshman year. He did great all year last year, I'm surprised you guys havn't heard of him. He's a good guy.

Now I know why your a D-Backs fan LMAO...But honestly i heard about him from my dad, his uncle works with my dad.
I heard them announce at the game he was from Pikeville. That's awesome someone from Pikeville plays MLB.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah he started last year. He had a really good season. He visited Feds Creek last summer I reckon. He didnt live here long though. I'm sure he doesn't claim it. Big Grin

Lets not forget about another KY native doing well, Josh Anderson. I know a girl who grew up with him and said he's just the nicest guy ever. She told me he called her after his first game last year (with the Astros) in Wrigley. She said he was tearing up and saying how amazing it was to be out there with those guys on that field. He's on my team now though, the Braves. yay!
It's good to see Kentucky boys do well, especially the nice guys!
Great to see another KY boy on the D-Backs roster along with Brandon Webb.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Brittany0121 Wrote:Yeah he started last year. He had a really good season. He visited Feds Creek last summer I reckon. He didnt live here long though. I'm sure he doesn't claim it. Big Grin

Lets not forget about another KY native doing well, Josh Anderson. I know a girl who grew up with him and said he's just the nicest guy ever. She told me he called her after his first game last year (with the Astros) in Wrigley. She said he was tearing up and saying how amazing it was to be out there with those guys on that field. He's on my team now though, the Braves. yay!
It's good to see Kentucky boys do well, especially the nice guys!

Hah, Feds Creek isn't that bad. But yeah he's a great player, he kind of choked in the series with Colorado last year though, had a few errors.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Great to see another KY boy on the D-Backs roster along with Brandon Webb.

Yeah I don't know how the Reds didn't get Brandon Webb, with him being from Ashland and playing his college ball in Lexington.
The D-Backs are loading up on talent from Eastern KentuckySmile :letsparty
Dont know who he is but Congrats to him.
Toronto's Scott Downs, Washington's Austin Kearns, and Brad Wilkerson (not sure who he plays for now) are all from KY. Kearns played for PRP in the mid-90's when the Panthers reeled off 3 straight state titles. And I believe Wilkerson was a Mr. Baseball winner. Not to mention last year's Mr. Baseball winner, Ben Revere, doing well in the Minnesotta system. Haven't met Kearns, Wilkerson, or Downs, but played against and met Revere. Excellent kid. KY seems to be producing quite a few baseball players.
If has been several days ago now, and I'm not sure which ESPN baseball expert they were interviewing, but they asked him to make some bold statements about the upcoming season that he believed would become true.

He stated that with the hot streak Reynolds has ending last season and entering this season, that he will hit 40 HRs. Sounds like a great compliment.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]