Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What girls jr high basketball team in your county will be the best
I think they have been asked and won't come to Pride of the Mountains.
Meeting is at 7 instead of 5.

*correction*
warmachine Wrote:AB Combs from Perry County would beat any of the teams mentioned above by 30 easily.

Well they didn't beat Martin Co by 30. I attended the games at Magoffin
Co. Martin Co. won the game. Not sure how much. MC lead the whole
game. MC is for real. Very nice team. Does AB have hold backs? If so
how many? Not sure if MC has any hold backs or not. They had a couple
of nice big girls and a very nice guard. AB was a very physical team. A couple
of their girls looked like they were in high school. MC impressed me. One of the best middle school teams I have seen come a long in a long time. Should
be a good game between Martin C and us.
Saw Martin Co play yesterday in the Magoffin Co event. They beat
AB Combs and Dorton. AB has a very good team. Martin Co is for real folks. They have a very nice team. Just wondering if any of the MC girls are hold backs? Can't wait until we play them.
Just A Fan 1 Wrote:Saw Martin Co play yesterday in the Magoffin Co event. They beat
AB Combs and Dorton. AB has a very good team. Martin Co is for real folks. They have a very nice team. Just wondering if any of the MC girls are hold backs? Can't wait until we play them.

ABSOULETLY NO HOLDBACKS

:Clap:
WHO ARE YOU THAT IS GONNA TO PLAY MARTIN COUNTY ...
Almost everyone on AB Combs girls team is a holdback.
martin county is true 8th graders

played all summer together
Martin County's pointguard had about 17 fouls against AB Combs. If they were fouling people out, AB would of won easily. Come to AB and play us Martin County and see what happens then.
I watched this game not a fan from AB or Martin. How many fouls did your
whole team have? Looked like you guys tried to intentionally foul in the
second half. Guess the kids were just playing by the rules. No fouls outs.
Same thing happened to us.
oldfoggie13 Wrote:martin county is true 8th graders

played all summer together
Those girls are excellent ballplayers and play VERY well as a team. Probably the best Middle School team I have seen. But they do look a little mature to me. Again that is me. You are saying that none of those girls have never been held back from K-8, and are all 14 and under? There maturity level is amazing. They all hold their demeanor as older kids. I am not questioning your integrity just their age. Side note: I have no problem with holdbacks at all.
Crossbones Wrote:Those girls are excellent ballplayers and play VERY well as a team. Probably the best Middle School team I have seen. But they do look a little mature to me. Again that is me. You are saying that none of those girls have never been held back from K-8, and are all 14 and under? There maturity level is amazing. They all hold their demeanor as older kids. I am not questioning your integrity just their age. Side note: I have no problem with holdbacks at all.

ALL TRUE 8TH GRADERS

AS 7 GRADE STARTERS THEY WON MOUNTAIN MIDDLE SCHOOL CONFERENCE LAST YEAR

WAS 24-3 ON THE YEAR

GOT 3 RD IN LEXINGTON CHRISTIAN ACADEMEY TOURNAMENT

WAS ONE POINT AWAY FROM MAKING THE ELITE 8 AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL STATE TOURNAMENT

AND HAS PLAYED OVER 30 GAMES WHICH INCLUDED ,MIDDLE SCHOOL
FRESHHAM GAMES JV GAMES AS WELL AS SEEING ACTION IN SCHS VARISTY THIS SUMMER AS WELL

SO THEY ARE WELL MATURED FOR 14 YR OLDS

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMMENT

Wink
AB Combs will take care of Martin, Allen Central, and Magoffin up at the sportsplex in a couple days when the officiating is neutral.
warmachine Wrote:AB Combs will take care of Martin, Allen Central, and Magoffin up at the sportsplex in a couple days when the officiating is neutral.

MARTIN WON;T BE THERE

WE HAVE OUR OWN PANORAMA WITH 10 GAMES ON TAP
Verity Middle Schools 7th and 8th grade girls team are very tough. Both are 7-0.. They are looking to play in some good tournaments..
Go To Sportsplex In Knott County

They Have One Coming Up Soon

Look At The Website For Knottcounty Sportsplex
ERblue4ever Wrote:Who ever is over the Mountain Middle School Conference call Coach David Conley From Elkhorn City Middle school at 606-754-9450. He is interested in getting in the conference.

if this is elkhorn city coach would u rather play ur game on a fri night than a monday night with martin county

its scheduled for monday 9/9 want to move it to fri????

email me back at [email]pammy_48_2004@yahoo.com[/email]
jdfedex Wrote:Verity Middle Schools 7th and 8th grade girls team are very tough. Both are 7-0.. They are looking to play in some good tournaments..
Where is this school?
Verity Is In Ashland Ky
if you seen this team play you would know how good they are,
what team??
I have seen a lot of basketball though out the years, here in then 16th region and Verity does have good teams. The 8th grade team might be the best middle school team I have ever seen. They can get up and down the floor, extremely athletic, the only thing I could see them missing would be a dominant post player. The 7th grade team is good as well however they seem to be missing the perimeter play ball handling and outside shooting.
"the young guy" is Randy Davis..and he has alot of experience under his belt, he has alot to be proud of with his achievements as a coach
What happened to Verity's 7th grade team against Rose Hill? Boyd Co beat Rose Hill by 17 points.
like i said verity's 7th is short on perimeter play, which makes for ugly games. i wasn't there but assuming this had alot do with it. to bad verity middle is just 7th and 8th graders, because if they could bring up one of their 6th graders to run the point and control the tempo it would bad for the rest of ovc. some of the others schools have this option, however they should still be favored to win the ovc tournament.
As of now Martin Co 8 grade is still undefeated. They are the best middle school team i have ever seen.
slingblade93 Wrote:As of now Martin Co 8 grade is still undefeated. They are the best middle school team i have ever seen.

MARTIN COUNTY IS GONNA TO LEXINGTON CHRISTIAN THIS WEEKEND

THEY WILL SEE HOW TOUGH THEY REALLY ARE

PLAY WINNER OF LEXINGTON CATHOLIC AND BONDURANT

ANY FACTS OR STATS ON EITHER TEAM????
slingblade93 Wrote:As of now Martin Co 8 grade is still undefeated. They are the best middle school team i have ever seen.

Martin County is really tough, but the best team I have seen around this region since I have been coaching girls is the JCMS girls' team from a few years back. Didn't they go undefeated and win the BCI and KBA State Championships?