Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville 6 - Kentucky 5 (Baseball)
Nice walk-off win by the Cards.
UK's pitching hasn't really done that great of a job lately. The bats have been going good but the bullpen is killing Kentucky.

Congrats Cards!
blackcat_student Wrote:UK's pitching hasn't really done that great of a job lately. The bats have been going good but the bullpen is killing Kentucky.

Congrats Cards!

The pitching wasn't too bad today, considering it wasn't one of UK's top 3 starters out there on the mound. Holding Louisville to 6 runs should be enough for a team with as many good hitters as UK.

Conversely, I think the offense is more to blame for this loss. Just like UK, Louisville didn't start one of their main pitchers either, since most teams prefer to save them for more important conference games on the weekend. Hitting against one of Louisville's lesser starters, I thought they should have been able to put a few more runs on the board.

Oh well. The two teams split the season series, each winning at home in walkoff fashion.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good try Cats.
Great job Cards.
More Cowbell Wrote:The pitching wasn't too bad today, considering it wasn't one of UK's top 3 starters out there on the mound. Holding Louisville to 6 runs should be enough for a team with as many good hitters as UK.

Conversely, I think the offense is more to blame for this loss. Just like UK, Louisville didn't start one of their main pitchers either, since most teams prefer to save them for more important conference games on the weekend. Hitting against one of Louisville's lesser starters, I thought they should have been able to put a few more runs on the board.

Oh well. The two teams split the season series, each winning at home in walkoff fashion.

I didn't watch this game, but the other games I seen, it seemed like Kentucky was just pitching meat the whole game, mostly against Georgia & the 2nd game against Florida.
Good try by the Cats and good win Cards.