Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Playoffs
Any one have any predictions on what two teams will play in the NBA Finals? Me personally, I would love to see Boston vs LA, I mean who wouldn't want to see the two greatest NBA Franchises play for the title.
Hornet Nation Wrote:Any one have any predictions on what two teams will play in the NBA Finals? Me personally, I would love to see Boston vs LA, I mean who wouldn't want to see the two greatest NBA Franchises play for the title.

I know what ya mean man. I'm rooting for the Phoenix Suns but they play the defending champs in the 1st round so they will have their hands full. But like you and a lot of other people I have talked to would love to see the Celtics and Lakers in the finals. Not only would it be a matchup of the two greatest NBA franchises, but we would get to watch all of the old 80's games on ESPN Classic, lol.
The Lakers can't overlook the Nuggets even though they are an 8 seed. In my opinion there is no doubt that the Nuggets are possibly the most talented team ever to be an 8 seed, may even have more talent than the Lakers overall. There is no doubt, however, that LA is a better team because of defense. With the addition of Shaq I believe in a 7 game series it is going to be very hard for any team to beat Phoenix, i know their record hasn't been stellar as of late but I just believe it gives that team the inside presence they have lacked the past couple of years. The Celtics are the best team in the East, but I think Orlando, Detroit, and even Cleveland could knock them off with a good performace.
zonebuster23 Wrote:The Lakers can't overlook the Nuggets even though they are an 8 seed. In my opinion there is no doubt that the Nuggets are possibly the most talented team ever to be an 8 seed, may even have more talent than the Lakers overall. There is no doubt, however, that LA is a better team because of defense. With the addition of Shaq I believe in a 7 game series it is going to be very hard for any team to beat Phoenix, i know their record hasn't been stellar as of late but I just believe it gives that team the inside presence they have lacked the past couple of years. The Celtics are the best team in the East, but I think Orlando, Detroit, and even Cleveland could knock them off with a good performace.

Now, I don't think Cleveland can knock off the Celtics. My reason is because Lebron is pretty much that whole team. And he can't win it all by himself. As we all saw last year. But unless they get somebody that can help game in and game out, Cleveland won't be winning any championships, IMO.
Lakers vs. Celtics... Just like the old days.
I'm gonna go out on a small limb and say Detroit vs. Phoenix! With Detroit winning the title.
I think it'll be Celtics v. Lakers but I think that the Hornets could also come out of the west
I think it will either be Celtics vs Lakers or Pistons vs Spurs.
Celtics all the way!
The Spurs vs Suns looks to be a good after the first game today going into double ot.
My Final Four is Phoenix vs. Lakers
Boston vs. Detroit
Boston beating LA in the finals.
Go Celtics!
As bad as I hate to say it, and I really do hate to say it because I hate them but I think it will be the Lakers (puke) against the Celtics. They are both playing great basketball right now and amazingly enough Kobe is playing team ball. I just dont see anyone besides the Spurs giving the Lakers a run, and heres another puke moment for me but I would rather see the Lakers win that series as I am a big time spurs hater. If in face it is Lakers/Celtics in the finals, I think it will be a 7 game series and one of the best in a long time and I pray Garnett and Co win it all.