Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Top 10
Now that the season has started and we've seen who's got what, What are your rankings?
A lot has happened in the past week, so here is mine.

1. Estill
2. Letcher Central
3. Hazard
4. Perry Central
5. Breathitt
6. Powell
7. Lee
8. Jackson City
9. Jenkins
10. JBS
Jeter_theman Wrote:A lot has happened in the past week, so here is mine.

1. Estill
2. Letcher Central
3. Hazard
4. Perry Central
5. Breathitt
6. Powell
7. Lee
8. Jackson City
9. Jenkins
10. JBS

Wow! PCC, Hazard, LCC, and Breathitt above Powell? How high would they be with Brewer on the mound? I am guessing 2nd. I think that's how you have to rank teams. In the tournaments your going to see their best, so why not rank them with their best on the mound. With Brewer they are the #2 teams in the region.
1.Estill
2.Powell
3.LCC
4.Breathitt
5.Lee
6.Hazard
7.Perry
8.JBS
9.Jacskon City
10.Jenkins
Does WYMT have a Top 10?
RavenBoy Wrote:Does WYMT have a Top 10?

not that i know of, but f so I believe your South Floyd Raiders would take the # 1 spot hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha Smile
1.Estill
2.Powell
3.LCC
4.Hazard
5.PCC
6.Jenkins
7.JBS
8.Breathitt
9.Lee
10.Jackson City

I don't think Jackson City's and Lee's #1's match up well with those of the top seven teams. Breathitt doesn't have a #1.
mandan Wrote:1.Estill
2.Powell
3.LCC
4.Hazard
5.PCC
6.Jenkins
7.JBS
8.Breathitt
9.Lee
10.Jackson City

I don't think Jackson City's and Lee's #1's match up well with those of the top seven teams. Breathitt doesn't have a #1.

Oops! Forgot about Drake of Lee Co. Switch them with Breathitt.
I think since Jackson City beat both JBS and Jenkins in the All "A" last week, and since they almost pulled the upset against Hazard, they should deserve a higher ranking. The Boggs kid who is only an 8th grader is receiving a lot of attention and it's well deserved. He's a really strong player both offensively and defensively and one of the best pitchers for his age and grade around. They also have two terrific Junior pitchers in Hayes and Goff and I think the rankings should be more like this even though Jackson lost to Breathitt early in the season:

1. Estill
2. Powell
3. LCC
4. Hazard
5. PCC
6. Jackson City
7. Jenkins
8. JBS
9. Lee
10. Breathitt
bsm2008 Wrote:1.Estill
2.Powell
3.LCC
4.Breathitt
5.Lee
6.Hazard
7.Perry
8.JBS
9.Jacskon City
10.Jenkins

I agree.
Jeter_theman Wrote:A lot has happened in the past week, so here is mine.

1. Estill
2. Letcher Central
3. Hazard
4. Perry Central
5. Breathitt
6. Powell
7. Lee
8. Jackson City
9. Jenkins
10. JBS

LCC lost three games this weekend and only scored 4 runs, got mercied by Madison Central (who was almost mercied by Estill Co. earlier in the year). They also lost to a winless Madison Southern team who was killed by Estill Co. just last week.

1. Estill
2. Powell
3. PCC
4. Hazard
5. Breathitt
6. Lee
7. Jackson
8. LCC
9. Jenkins
10. JBS
LCC is young but against the rest of the 14th(with the exception of Estill County they have a chance of winning.
A lot changed over the weekend. LCC lost 3, Powell won two games over a very good Montgomery team.

1. Estill
2. Powell
3. Hazard
4. Perry Central
5. Letcher Central
6. Breathitt
7. Lee
8. Jackson City
9. Jenkins
10. JBS
RavenBoy Wrote:Does WYMT have a Top 10?
Yes they usually do. But I guess they are running a little bit late.
On KHSAA it shows that Powell is on top of the 14th because of their overall record. BUT, I would say that Estill is the better team as of now. Anything can happen.
Godspeed Wrote:On KHSAA it shows that Powell is on top of the 14th because of their overall record. BUT, I would say that Estill is the better team as of now. Anything can happen.

That is only because they have more wins. You could have 20 losses, but if you have more wins at that particular time then you would be on top. I don't think Estill has played as many games as Powell so it's really not an accurate ranking.
mandan Wrote:1.Estill
2.Powell
3.LCC
4.Hazard
5.PCC
6.Jenkins
7.JBS
8.Breathitt
9.Lee
10.Jackson City

Jackson City's Hayes held a good June Buchanon team to only 1 earned run in the opening round of the All A
the1andonly Wrote:Jackson City's Hayes held a good June Buchanon team to only 1 earned run in the opening round of the All A

Good point, and Hayes is a fine pitcher. My assessment was made based on when everyone is throwing their number ones. I just don't feel that Jackson City or Breathitt can match up well. They are competitive when teams "throw off" ie. Breathitt's wins vs. Hazard, Powell, JBS. Lawson has done a great job for Breathitt, also. Breathitt's supposed #1 (Ritchie) hasn't pitched much all season for whatever reason. If, or when he ever does pitch, it will make Breathitt that much more dangerous. But, as we have already seen, anything can happen.