Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co 1 - Johnson Central 0
Jordan Miller hits a solo shot in the top of the 6th to give Lawrence Co. the win. Chandler Shepard goes the distance with around 10 k's.

Jeff Cyrus made a diving grab behind the 2nd base to keep the runner from scoring from 2nd and then the next batter made a great play in short right to record the final out of the 5th to stop JC's scoring threat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Way to go Chandler!
Congrats to Lawrence ... who did they pitch?
Who pitched for JC?
THOMCAT Wrote:Who pitched for JC?
Not sure his name but he was number 16. I think it was there ace though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
THOMCAT Wrote:Who pitched for JC?

Mike Conley- gave up five hits and had probably six or eight K's
Wow. Much closer game than I expected. Congrats Lawrence County!
Great effort from JC tonight, they outhit LC 6-5 and made no errors to LC's 2. Lawrence won this game on the score board but were very fortunate to walk away from their home field with a W. JC left runners in scoring position several times. Good performance by Conley-JC and Shepard-LC!
Back to back gems by Conley against Paintsville and now Lawrence Co. I told everyone preseason that Conley was going to be one of the regions best. Top 3 maybe?
i think you're right, ranks with Blanton, Blanton, and Fyffe from the last few years with JC. Hall has gone to him several times in the past for big games. I think you will hear more from him in the year and next year as he is a junior.
Conley pitched one heck of a game tonight and got great defense behind him. The first hit of the game by Jeff Cyrus was a shot up the middle and 8th grader Will Meek blocked it up and threw him out. Later on Jeremy Stacy caught Tim Hayes' possible home run to end the inning. By far the worst outing for the Dawgs this year. It was a good game to watch though.
congrats LC...especially with "The Bowtie Bandit" Pete Runyon behind the plate.
haha.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Back to back gems by Conley against Paintsville and now Lawrence Co. I told everyone preseason that Conley was going to be one of the regions best. Top 3 maybe?

now let's not get carried away....no , seriously Mike has thrown a couple of great games...and guess what this discrict battle could be a good one by seasons end.....by what I've seen it's grimm ,,,lyons ,,,,,conley and shepard in no paticular order as the outstanding pitchers in this end of the state...but the left hander from raceland is right there in the running with them as well as the lefthander from greenup.....but in the 15th and in paticular the 57th district what a great battle it is shaping up to be!!!!!!!!
Gator Wrote:Great effort from JC tonight, they outhit LC 6-5 and made no errors to LC's 2. Lawrence won this game on the score board but were very fortunate to walk away from their home field with a W. JC left runners in scoring position several times. Good performance by Conley-JC and Shepard-LC!

Well LC left runners in scoring position all night as well. Even left the bases loaded once.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WOW! Is all I have to say. Not going to be as easy as LC thinks it will this season. can't wait to see what happens when LC faces Grimm. Should be interesting. Congrats to both teams on what sounds like and exciting game.
INSIGHT Wrote:now let's not get carried away....no , seriously Mike has thrown a couple of great games...and guess what this discrict battle could be a good one by seasons end.....by what I've seen it's grimm ,,,lyons ,,,,,conley and shepard in no paticular order as the outstanding pitchers in this end of the state...but the left hander from raceland is right there in the running with them as well as the lefthander from greenup.....but in the 15th and in paticular the 57th district what a great battle it is shaping up to be!!!!!!!!

Carried away????........... Conley deserves to be exactly where I said.
Triple Crown Wrote:Conley pitched one heck of a game tonight and got great defense behind him. The first hit of the game by Jeff Cyrus was a shot up the middle and 8th grader Will Meek blocked it up and threw him out. Later on Jeremy Stacy caught Tim Hayes' possible home run to end the inning. By far the worst outing for the Dawgs this year. It was a good game to watch though.

Perhaps , it's because JC just had a little something to do with that?Big Grin
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Carried away????........... Conley deserves to be exactly where I said.
Sorry there INSIGHT, I didn't see the "but seriously folks". You know what a passionate kind of guy I am.Big Grin
Hey Kimball, youve posted 5 smart *** comments in a row, go ahead and make it 6 buddy. Like I said before, THIS WAS THE WORST OUTING FOR THE DAWGS. This was also the best outing for JC and they still beat them. Get a life big guy. And i wasnt even giving excuses either I gave credit where credit was due to JC by saying that Conley pitched a good game and had great defense behind them.
Triple Crown Wrote:Hey Kimball, youve posted 5 smart *** comments in a row, go ahead and make it 6 buddy. Like I said before, THIS WAS THE WORST OUTING FOR THE DAWGS. This was also the best outing for JC and they still beat them. Get a life big guy. And i wasnt even giving excuses either I gave credit where credit was due to JC by saying that Conley pitched a good game and had great defense behind them.

Maybe it was the worst outing and maybe it wasn't . The quality of your opponent can make it appear that way to those who wear scarlet colored glasses.. Things are working out just like I said they would in the preseason. The fact is, JC is getting better and better and better as the season rolls on. JC has had to rely on actual games as their practice sessions all season long. I said they would be starting out in a hole from the begining of the season and would have to rely on the toughness of their schedule to make them district tournament ready, and that's exactly what's happening. It will not be the cakewalk through this district that some of you LC faithful thinks that it will be when the time comes around that it actually means something..
Congrats Lawrence Co.
Congrats to both teams. It was the best game I've seen this season. Looking forward to the play-offs.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Maybe it was the worst outing and maybe it wasn't . The quality of your opponent can make it appear that way to those who wear scarlet colored glasses.. Things are working out just like I said they would in the preseason. The fact is, JC is getting better and better and better as the season rolls on. JC has had to rely on actual games as their practice sessions all season long. I said they would be starting out in a hole from the begining of the season and would have to rely on the toughness of their schedule to make them district tournament ready, and that's exactly what's happening. It will not be the cakewalk through this district that some of you LC faithful thinks that it will be when the time comes around that it actually means something..
You are right! JC is getting better as the season takes shape. LC is loaded with 5 Senior's who have signed college scholarships and JC doesn't have but 1 on the roster. Hall has them progressing to be a threat at tourney time.A solid performance for a team of underclassman.
The personal comments need to stop.
Conley pitched a great game but sorry he is not top 3. LC has 3 better than him. JC defense stepped up and Hall has done a good job. Pete had a high strike zone all nite, he is a pitchers ump. Jordan Miller's clutch homerun in the 6th or they may still be playing.
Gator Wrote:You are right! JC is getting better as the season takes shape. LC is loaded with 5 Senior's who have signed college scholarships and JC doesn't have but 1 on the roster. Hall has them progressing to be a threat at tourney time.A solid performance for a team of underclassman.

Who else other than Hayes?
Armchair QB Wrote:Who else other than Hayes?

Brad Laney - Pikeveille College
Jeff Cyrus - Pikeville College
Tim Hayes - U of L
Lewis Michael - Alice Lloyd College
Kingsmore - Alice Lloyd College
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kdrn Wrote:Conley pitched a great game but sorry he is not top 3. LC has 3 better than him. JC defense stepped up and Hall has done a good job. Pete had a high strike zone all nite, he is a pitchers ump. Jordan Miller's clutch homerun in the 6th or they may still be playing.
Nope!!!

Pitcher's ump??? Gee, Pete Runyon may in fact be considered the pitcher's worst friend when it comes to making calls behind the plate. His strike zone is usually shrunk down to the size of a matchbox. He is a great friend to batters though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to the Bulldawgs. Much closer game than expected though. Good luck to both teams!