Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Jenkins ranked????
Jenkins has won the past 14 games straight and has an overall record of 16-1 on the season to date. They are a powerhouse softball team in the mountains. Does anybody know if they are ranked in Kentucky's top 25?
Powerhouse. LMAO. You have got to be kidding. If they are so good, why dont the get on highway 80 and go play North or South Laurel? They would get embarrissed.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Jenkins has won the past 14 games straight and has an overall record of 16-1 on the season to date. They are a powerhouse softball team in the mountains. Does anybody know if they are ranked in Kentucky's top 25?

Who was the 1 loss to?
They are not a powerhouse. Most teams they have played are weak. They are one of the best teams in this area, but by no mean can they compete with Ryle, Reidland and other teams that play real fastpitch softball.
4uknuts Wrote:Who was the 1 loss to?

East Ridge.
Yes they are a powerhouse in the 14th region this year. Woooo Hoooooo, that is something that should get you ranked in about the top 100 or so. This is the worst softball i have ever seen in the mountains. This region is horrible. Jenkins is a good defensive team, they have a pretty good pitcher, but not over powering, they don't hit the ball very well at all, maybe a few slap bunts and steals and small ball, but nothing that would get them anywhere against pretty good teams.
warmachine Wrote:Powerhouse. LMAO. You have got to be kidding. If they are so good, why dont the get on highway 80 and go play North or South Laurel? They would get embarrissed.

God forbid anyone give props to a team that is doing well. Why don't you get off your negativity train and actually compliment someone rather than tear them down. You could have expressed your opinion in a much more appropriate and positive manner. I seriously doubt this website was made to trash talk and insult teams and student athletes for their successes or lack therof so lets keep it positive Negative Nancy....just some food for thought.

Good job Jenkins for having a 16-1 record and best of luck to you!
sballgal3 Wrote:God forbid anyone give props to a team that is doing well. Why don't you get off your negativity train and actually compliment someone rather than tear them down. You could have expressed your opinion in a much more appropriate and positive manner. I seriously doubt this website was made to trash talk and insult teams and student athletes for their successes or lack therof so lets keep it positive Negative Nancy....just some food for thought.

Good job Jenkins for having a 16-1 record and best of luck to you!

It is fair (I think) to congratulate Jenkins, but also to point out that their strength of schedule probably rules out a top 25 ranking. I think that is the reality train.
Not Taking Anything Away From The Girls, Jenkins Is A Good Team, But A Little Overrated.
warmachine Wrote:Powerhouse. LMAO. You have got to be kidding. If they are so good, why dont the get on highway 80 and go play North or South Laurel? They would get embarrissed.

Thats funny I needed a good laugh.. For one... North and South Laurel are NOT in the mountains. They try to include themselves in the mountain teams just because they cannot compete with the Central Kentucky teams. That must make them feel better about themselves or something. Who knows? Anyways, Jenkins has played teams in the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions and has won in all three regions to some good teams with the exception to East Ridge by one point at the first of the season. Just because they are a newly improved team doesn't take away from their abilities. They have a wonderful coaching staff and a dedicated bunch of girls. This isn't just one of those "good years" for Jenkins either. They have ZERO seniors on their team and only three juniors. Their JV has proven themselves just as strong as their varsity as well. With that said and the talent they have, I would put them up against any of your "mountain teams". Oh yea, it's "embarassed", not "embarissed".
Who do they play in the All A tourney? When do they play? I guess we'll see how good they are soon enough. Good luck in the tourney.
Jenkins has a good quality ball club. I shouldnt of said they would get embarrased. They may go down to London and play solid defense and play right with North or South. I just dont see them hitting really good pitching though and I think North or South would smash the ball against Thacker but I could be wrong. Congratulations on your excellent record Jenkins.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Jenkins has won the past 14 games straight and has an overall record of 16-1 on the season to date. They are a powerhouse softball team in the mountains. Does anybody know if they are ranked in Kentucky's top 25?

:lmao:
this is exactly right...Jenkins is a powerhouse in the MOUNTAINS. If they tried to even think about playing central or western kentucky teams they would be in trouble...now i'm not trying to be negitive i'm just being truthfull...Jenkins hasn't played anyone outside of the 13th, 14th, or 15th regions and these are three of the worst regions in the state. I really don't see whats so big about Jenkins this year just because they have won against easy compitition...:confused:
A team is tested by playing quality competition down state. Granted, the 15th region isn't as strong as they have been in the past. Lawrence County, Pikeville, East Ridge, Shelby Valley, and Johnson Central are the stronger teams in the region, but they would struggle to compete down state. LC has already played in a few tournaments, and they have faired well, but they did not dominate anyone. SV has most of their team back from last year, and those girls can tell you what it is like to play Ryle, Estill County, Scott County, and Montgomery County. Jenkins have a nice team, but they still have some "growing up" to do before they can move into the top 25--they are very young! SV and Pikeville each posted wins over top 25 opponents in 05 and 06, and neither of those teams were voted into the top 25. Keep plugging along, and good things will happen...rankings are meaningless!
Jenkins Played in a turnament last weekend losing to wyoming east by 1 point...after they had a 4 point comeback..incase u didnt know wyoming east won state in west V.A
I'm pretty sure that wyoming east didn't win state. I just was on their website and the only two things they have won state in is football in 1999 and Boy's Basketball in 2002. I don't know where you got your information from but it is wrong. if you want to check out the website your self its http://wehs.wyom.k12.wv.us/index1.htm
idontkno Wrote:Jenkins Played in a turnament last weekend losing to wyoming east by 1 point...after they had a 4 point comeback..incase u didnt know wyoming east won state in west V.A

If you refern to "points" when talking about softball, your opinion loses credibility. It's like saying the score backwards: "Hey, man, we only lost 3 to 5."
Softball_Chick Wrote:I'm pretty sure that wyoming east didn't win state. I just was on their website and the only two things they have won state in is football in 1999 and Boy's Basketball in 2002. I don't know where you got your information from but it is wrong. if you want to check out the website your self its http://wehs.wyom.k12.wv.us/index1.htm

They won state as a travel ball team. This information came from parents of players of Wyoming East. Since apparently you have a lot of time on your hands, feel free to research and prove me wrong.
sballgal3 -- just make sure what you type is fact not fiction --- state in travel ball??? ok next ? -- is that asa, nsa, usssa??? should I go on?? lol anyway why does all this matter??? who cares?? with all do respect records don't mean a thing --- play the game --
the problem with that is which sanction were they in because i have played against many west virginia ASA Gold teams and what i saw from wyoming east could not even compare to the teams i have played. By the way i dont have alot of time on my hands i was just checking to see if what you said was true.
Softball_Chick Wrote:the problem with that is which sanction were they in because i have played against many west virginia ASA Gold teams and what i saw from wyoming east could not even compare to the teams i have played. By the way i dont have alot of time on my hands i was just checking to see if what you said was true.

I was not the one who brought it up, another poster did. I was just letting you know that this information wasn't just pulled out of left field, someone actually told this at the tournament and was assumed to be true. Good luck finding out if they actually were, it's not something important enough to waste my time though.
I thought this post was just asking if Jenkins is ranked. Not bashing them.
Go Big Green!