Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence-2 Paintsville-1
I wasn't able to make it to this game but a friend just told me the score. Any stats or details about this game?????
Great game. LC scored 2 unearned runs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Congrats Lawrence, who pitched for both?
Shepard for LC and Grimm for Paintsville
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Grimm is a southpaw that throws 85-87, and has wonderful stuff thats tough for anyone handle. With the hitters Paintsville has, they hit for hours on him

I couldn't help but remember this. Lol Congrats Lawrence.
That Lil' freshman they were supposed to hit for hours on pretty much dominated this game looks like.. :BigLaugh: Looks like this game was all it was suppose to be tho.. wish I could have made it out to watch tonight.
Money Maker Wrote:That Lil' freshman they were supposed to hit for hours on pretty much dominated this game looks like.. :BigLaugh: Looks like this game was all it was suppose to be tho.. wish I could have made it out to watch tonight.

this was a great game....paintsville had 4 hits they started with a double from coreyadams thenscored their only run when grimm singled him in.Vanhoose also had a single...good game for shepard,,,lc scored later in the 3rd on a double off the bat of Hayes and later on two infield errors...no earned runs for grimm , good game for him as well,
Money Maker Wrote:That Lil' freshman they were supposed to hit for hours on pretty much dominated this game looks like.. :BigLaugh: Looks like this game was all it was suppose to be tho.. wish I could have made it out to watch tonight.

Well, I wouldn't say dominated.
Here are Shep's stats: 7 inns, 6 Ks, 3 BBs, 4 Hits (1 Dbl), 1 HBP and 1 earned run. If the Tigers get their bunt down in the 4th, the one that Cyrus hits and Michaels makes a nice play on falls for a single and scores 2, Cause if the bunt goes down, Michaels would have been playing in on the grass with runners on 2nd and 3rd, instead of back in the infield. But, it didn't and Michaels made a nice snag.

Paintsville put him in play all evening long. IMO, Paintsville beat themselves. The 5th inn. killed the Tigers. Michaels reaches and goes to 2nd on a throwing error. Then scores on a bloop single to right after bunted to 3rd.

Grimm pitched a heck of a game: 6 inns, 7 Ks, 0 BBs, 3 Hits (1 Trp, Humphrey made an awesome play on but hit the fence right were the pole was and was shook up and jared the ball loose.), 1 HBP and 1 earned run.

IMO these two teams are very evenly matched and it will be a battle evry time they play. Congrats LC. Keep your heads up Tigers you WILL get you shot at them again.

Great game to watch.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, I wouldn't say dominated.
Here are Shep's stats: 7 inns, 6 Ks, 3 BBs, 4 Hits (1 Dbl), 1 HBP and 1 earned run. If the Tigers get their bunt down in the 4th, the one that Cyrus hits and Michaels makes a nice play on falls for a single and scores 2, Cause if the bunt goes down, Michaels would have been playing in on the grass with runners on 2nd and 3rd, instead of back in the infield. But, it didn't and Michaels made a nice snag.

Paintsville put him in play all evening long. IMO, Paintsville beat themselves. The 5th inn. killed the Tigers. Michaels reaches and goes to 2nd on a throwing error. Then scores on a bloop single to right after bunted to 3rd.

Grimm pitched a heck of a game: 6 inns, 7 Ks, 0 BBs, 3 Hits (1 Trp, Humphrey made an awesome play on but hit the fence right were the pole was and was shook up and jared the ball loose.), 1 HBP and 1 earned run.

IMO these two teams are very evenly matched and it will be a battle evry time they play. Congrats LC. Keep your heads up Tigers you WILL get you shot at them again.

Great game to watch.

Cant say Grimm dominated either, LC hit him just as much as they hit Shepard We just played smarter small ball when we had to. Should make for a good district tourney.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
as a Paintsville fan I will throw this out for comments:

Paintsville players and staff have to find away of eliminating infield errors,,,it's evident in most games but in the tight games it makes much more of a difference,,,,IMO they must also get some hitters into and non hitters out of the lineup. the errors come form the same place all of the time and the sub .225 hitters have been given enough of a chance to hit in a game situtation.
INSIGHT Wrote:as a Paintsville fan I will throw this out for comments:

Paintsville players and staff have to find away of eliminating infield errors,,,it's evident in most games but in the tight games it makes much more of a difference,,,,IMO they must also get some hitters into and non hitters out of the lineup. the errors come form the same place all of the time and the sub .225 hitters have been given enough of a chance to hit in a game situtation.

One player made all the errors? How many were made in this game?
[/url]
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:One player made all the errors? How many were made in this game?

no one said one player made all the errors I said the errors come from the same place ( meaning the same errors continue to happen in the same spots over and over not just in this game but overall for the tigers) not many this game but 1-2 infield errors is 1-2 too many in a one run game
INSIGHT Wrote:[/url]

no one said one player made all the errors I said the errors come from the same place ( meaning the same errors continue to happen in the same spots over and over not just in this game but overall for the tigers) not many this game but 1-2 infield errors is 1-2 too many in a one run game

Exactly you said it came from the same place which would lead someone to believe that it came from a certain position. Most games you just have one person playing one position. I understand different people play there during the year, but I thought we were just talking about this game. It doesn't matter to me I was just trying to clarify what you were saying. I agree you can't make errors and expect to win close games against good competition.
Congrats Dawgs!!
This was my first chance to get out and see the dawgs play this year. I wanted to make this game because of all the seniors I have know sence they was about 5 years old. I also wanted to get the chance to see Cory Humphrey play agian and also Travis Ison Cory use to be and in my book still is part of the Dawg Family once a dawg always a dawg. Both teams look really good and I agree they will get the chance to do it all over agian. Congrats to LC. But you better be ready for the rematch I would love to go to applebees and watch you guys this year . Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
Lots of hype around this one and a very good game to watch!! Congrats to Shepherd and the Dawgs-we are all very proud!!

Then who should be in the lineup, and who should be out?

Great game to watch.

When do they play again?
Knew it would be close. Congrats dawgs.

Great game to watch.
I remember Hayes' hit in the fourth, and Banks' hit in the 5th, but that are the only 2 I remember. Who else got a hit? I know the play were Grimm fielded and tried to turn 2 and the ball sailed into center was marked as a hit and throwing error by the scoreboard, but surely it wasn't in the books. Both LC runs were unearned. Hayes scored on a passed ball, and the second run was unearned as he reached on an error.

I agree and this should have been addressed long before this team reached 13-7.
Eagle Eye Wrote:When do they play again?

May 12th
Way to go Dawgs!
The Guru Wrote:I remember Hayes' hit in the fourth, and Banks' hit in the 5th, but that are the only 2 I remember. Who else got a hit? I know the play were Grimm fielded and tried to turn 2 and the ball sailed into center was marked as a hit and throwing error by the scoreboard, but surely it wasn't in the books. Both LC runs were unearned. Hayes scored on a passed ball, and the second run was unearned as he reached on an error.

I think his name was Miller. I don't know off the top of my head. It was the little blooper to right that was just out of V's reach. And NO the one that rimme threw to center wasn't scored a hit.....lol
blackwidow Wrote:I agree and this should have been addressed long before this team reached 13-7.

They are 14-7, if I'm not mistaken.

This couldn't be a more true statement. I would think after 20 games someone would see that the way it is now, it isn't working out.
Gatortater Wrote:[/B]

This couldn't be a more true statement. I would think after 20 games someone would see that the way it is now, it isn't working out.

I think they should move Butcher back to the 9 spot and move Adams back lead off.
I think the Paintsville lineup is very solid. Granted there are holes in the lineup but there are holes in everyone's lineup. You can't expect 1 through 9 to hit .300 to .400 on the season. In high school baseball, or college that just doesn't happen. Paintsville will be hard to deal with late in the year.
Lawrence sat 2 starters for reasons unkown.
Super-Card Wrote:Lawrence sat 2 starters for reasons unkown.

Nope only one starter sat and that was Laney.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]