Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tournament Outlook!!
Here's what I see happening in Breathitt County...

53rd - Letcher (winner) and JBS
54th - Perry (winner) and Hazard
55th - Breathitt (winner) and Jackson City
56th - Estill (winner) and Powell

Estill has to be considered the overwhelming favorite going into the postseason, especially after what they did to Powell the other night. Powell is still the 2nd best team IMO. Letcher, Perry, Hazard, and Breathitt are all dangerous if they can field the baseball. JBS and Jackson City will not just be happy to be there, and they could pull an upset if they get a favorable draw (they're not likely to see anyone's ace), but they can't win it all.

I'll go with the Engineers.
Estill is the favorite and should win it. Unless we get another region tourney like last year when teams forgot about fundamentals and the team with the fewest errors won, that being Letcher Central.
I think Powell will make it to the finals, but I don't think their pitching will be there at the finals. They will probably have to use Brewer before the finals, and if they are playing Estill, it won't even be a contest.
All depends on how the draw comes out. If teams can save pitchers or not makes a big difference on how this tourney will play out! Good luck to all.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:All depends on how the draw comes out. If teams can save pitchers or not makes a big difference on how this tourney will play out! Good luck to all.

You got a good point. Estill will be the favorite and more than likely, will win it.
Nobody is strong enough or has the pitching to compete or be able to pull an upset on Estill this year. Might as well just concede and give everybody the next three weeks off and call it quits. Okay maybe that was an exageration but I do think they will go through the tournament with ease.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Nobody is strong enough or has the pitching to compete or be able to pull an upset on Estill this year. Might as well just concede and give everybody the next three weeks off and call it quits. Okay maybe that was an exageration but I do think they will go through the tournament with ease.

Agreed,
Estill will have to beat themselves for anyone else to win the Region.
On a good day with Brewer, Powell may have a shot on a Estill bad day, otherwise it's Estill.
Yeah nobody has a snowballs chance in he** of beating estill co.
All is agreed here..Estill has way too much experience even in there younger players for anyone to stand a chance...Finals may be closer than expected but i mean it is competition