Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell-7 JBS- 5
JBS lead from the get go and had the lead 3-1 going into the 7th inning.... Powell Co. put up 6 runs in the 7th inning and aon the game 7-5.... JBS had the better team tonight.... Brewer closed the game..... with a 4 run lead and gave up a 2 run homer from King... Potter pitched great throughout the game and couple missed calls from the UMPS and a couple errors cost JBS the game.... but no doubt who the better team was tonight..... even though the score indicates different opinions...
bsm2008 Wrote:JBS lead from the get go and had the lead 3-1 going into the 7th inning.... Powell Co. put up 6 runs in the 7th inning and aon the game 7-5.... JBS had the better team tonight.... Brewer closed the game..... with a 4 run lead and gave up a 2 run homer from King... Potter pitched great throughout the game and couple missed calls from the UMPS and a couple errors cost JBS the game.... but no doubt who the better team was tonight..... even though the score indicates different opinions...

No offense but it looks like Powell was the better team. Good teams find way to win. Granted they started out slow, but it sound like they knew when they had to turn it on and they did. I think this says a lot about what they can do when they want to. JBS is not the team Powell is. Powell is better top to bottom and has a better pitching staff. I was really surprised to see that JBS played with them.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:No offense but it looks like Powell was the better team. Good teams find way to win. Granted they started out slow, but it sound like they knew when they had to turn it on and they did. I think this says a lot about what they can do when they want to. JBS is not the team Powell is. Powell is better top to bottom and has a better pitching staff. I was really surprised to see that JBS played with them.

that is why JBS lead the whole game.... and yea Powell may have a better pitching rotation but whenever Powell put their ACE into tonight he got rocked the 1 inning he pitched.... and as far as them turning it on... JBS allowes it... not like they got hit after hit.... JBS along with the umpires handed them the game
bsm2008 Wrote:that is why JBS lead the whole game.... and yea Powell may have a better pitching rotation but whenever Powell put their ACE into tonight he got rocked the 1 inning he pitched.... and as far as them turning it on... JBS allowes it... not like they got hit after hit.... JBS along with the umpires handed them the game

Well the umpire excuse is played out and is a cop-out. If JBS is like you say and "allows it," then all you did was prove my point that Powell is a lot better than them top to bottom.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:No offense but it looks like Powell was the better team. Good teams find way to win. Granted they started out slow, but it sound like they knew when they had to turn it on and they did. I think this says a lot about what they can do when they want to. JBS is not the team Powell is. Powell is better top to bottom and has a better pitching staff. I was really surprised to see that JBS played with them.

If you werent at the game, which I doubt you were, this is a BOLD postion to take. Have you seen either team play??? Brewer is a good pitcher and Powell has a good team. But if you haven't seen JBS play don't put them down.
JBS played a great game and did have some errors in the last inning that cost them the game. The home plate umpire allowed the first two runners to reach base on walks when they should have been called out on strikes, NO DOUBT.
I agree with you though, regardless of that, JBS made errors that could have still kept the game closer and gave them a better chance in the bottom of the
last inning, but I don't think saying the ump made a bad call is a "cop out". we all know umps can influence the game enough to beat even good teams.
IMO....
JBS isn't on the same level as Powell, but, any team can come in and play with a better team. JBS did that and almost won the game.

And guys, don't pay attention to JRS, he knows more than Peter Gammons. Confusedhh:
Powell was the better team. JBS lost the game and it dont matter if they almost won. Maybe some of your Baseball players will get offers from Duke, IU and UK also. Smile
RavenBoy Wrote:Powell was the better team. JBS lost the game and it dont matter if they almost won. Maybe some of your Baseball players will get offers from Duke, IU and UK also. Smile

No one said anything about offers..... And about the basketball point he was never offered a scholarship at UK it was a walk on position but he was also first player to sign a D-1 scholarship in 20 years.... and as far u go raven boy im sure u have no idea what ur talking about on account u were more than likely not at the game due to the fact u dont even kno what ur talkign about.... Powell is supposively a better team and IMO any team can with this region on any given night.... Well the solid teams
Good win for Powell.
congrats Powell
Jeter_theman Wrote:JBS isn't on the same level as Powell, but, any team can come in and play with a better team. JBS did that and almost won the game.

And guys, don't pay attention to JRS, he knows more than Peter Gammons. Confusedhh:

Wow! Good one! You basically just said the same thing I did and then tried to somehow bash me for it, which is funny. So unless you have an original thought of your own don't try and put others down who do.
[quote=bsm2008]JBS lead from the get go and had the lead 3-1 going into the 7th inning.... Powell Co. put up 6 runs in the 7th inning and aon the game 7-5.... JBS had the better team tonight.... Brewer closed the game..... with a 4 run lead and gave up a 2 run homer from King... Potter pitched great throughout the game and couple missed calls from the UMPS and a couple errors cost JBS the game.... but no doubt who the better team was tonight..... even though the score indicates different opinions...[/quote

JBS is better this year than they have been in the past. But its hard to say they are better. But anyway powell got their 21st win.
[INDENT]
JBS needs to beat a team that has a winning record before someone talks smack about anyone,..they aren't even close to teams like Estill,Powell,PCC,Hazard...and as far as" rocking their ace" Brewer struck out the side which inlcuded their number two four,and five hitters,the homerun hit wouldn't have been out of a normal size field this field was a launching pad,a half hit ball was a homerun there must have been six homeruns hit during the day......terrible. [INDENT]
bsm2008 Wrote:JBS lead from the get go and had the lead 3-1 going into the 7th inning.... Powell Co. put up 6 runs in the 7th inning and aon the game 7-5.... JBS had the better team tonight.... Brewer closed the game..... with a 4 run lead and gave up a 2 run homer from King... Potter pitched great throughout the game and couple missed calls from the UMPS and a couple errors cost JBS the game.... but no doubt who the better team was tonight..... even though the score indicates different opinions...
[/INDENT]

[/INDENT]
DoItBig Wrote:[INDENT]
JBS needs to beat a team that has a winning record before someone talks smack about anyone,..they aren't even close to teams like Estill,Powell,PCC,Hazard...and as far as" rocking their ace" Brewer struck out the side which inlcuded their number two four,and five hitters,the homerun hit wouldn't have been out of a normal size field this field was a launching pad,a half hit ball was a homerun there must have been six homeruns hit during the day......terrible. [INDENT][/INDENT]

[/INDENT]

You have a good point.
JBS needs to beat a team that has a winning record before someone talks smack about anyone,..they aren't even close to teams like Estill,Powell,PCC,Hazard...and as far as" rocking their ace" Brewer struck out the side which inlcuded their number two four,and five hitters,the homerun hit wouldn't have been out of a normal size field this field was a launching pad,a half hit ball was a homerun there must have been six homeruns hit during the day......terrible. [INDENT][/INDENT]

[/INDENT]

I agree the field is small, but I believe it's the same distance for both teams.
How many did Powell hit vs. JBS? JBS did not rock Powell's ace. He is a good pitcher. But the HR was a good hit, regardless.

I don't think anyone is close to Estill. As for who is close to who after that?
That's why you play the game.
Redsfan65 Wrote:I agree the field is small, but I believe it's the same distance for both teams.
How many did Powell hit vs. JBS? JBS did not rock Powell's ace. He is a good pitcher. But the HR was a good hit, regardless.

I agree with you I think Estill is on a different level than everyone else in the 14th region. I think Powell does have a better team than JBS, but you do have to play the game and not just assume Powell will take care of business. Regardless Estill should run away with the region with ease, especially after the way they hit Brewer the other night.

[/INDENT]

They did beat Jackson City who has a winning record. Just wanted to make sure you had all the facts. I agree "rocking their ace" was very inaccurate.
You should also consider they have played Breathitt, Powell and Letcher to close games, and Yeah, it doesn't count as a win but maybe JBS isn't as bad as everyone thinks.
Redsfan65 Wrote:I agree the field is small, but I believe it's the same distance for both teams.

Brewer hit one the first game Just thought I'd say that.

Powell had to pay the umps :Sad04:
90FeetFromHome Wrote:Brewer hit one the first game Just thought I'd say that.

Powell had to pay the umps :Sad04:

Pay the umps???:confused:
Redsfan65 Wrote:Pay the umps???:confused:

I think he was being sarcastic.....
Jeter_theman Wrote:JBS isn't on the same level as Powell, but, any team can come in and play with a better team. JBS did that and almost won the game.

JRS seems to me that he knows what he is talking about. Sounds like a smart man. So please, stop bashing on people and keep on topic.
Man, try to give a man a compliment and you get bashed for it.
bsm2008 Wrote:and as far u go raven boy im sure u have no idea what ur talking about on account u were more than likely not at the game due to the fact u dont even kno what ur talkign about....
That made a lot of sense. Smile

The score was 8-5
RavenBoy Wrote:That made a lot of sense. Smile
Smile
Congrats Powell, tough luck for JBS. They played really well. Nice night at the plate and on defense. Powell had some young guys step it up and it sure helped in the end. Good luck to both teams in their upcoming games!
JustTrying Wrote:The score was 8-5

7-5...... go look it up
bsm2008 Wrote:7-5...... go look it up

It was indeed 7-5.

Here is the link for you non-believers....

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:It was indeed 7-5.

Here is the link for you non-believers....

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=

The scoreboard isn't always right. The wins and losses may be 99% right, but the scores are wrong sometimes. Just depends on who calls in the score and if they are a coach, parent, player, or someone else at the game.

Doesn't matter anyway.
Jeter_theman Wrote:The scoreboard isn't always right. The wins and losses may be 99% right, but the scores are wrong sometimes. Just depends on who calls in the score and if they are a coach, parent, player, or someone else at the game.

Doesn't matter anyway.

Then what was the score?