Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are you a Republican or a Democrat?
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:[quote=Super-Card]Homosexuals lack one of the basic rules of all living things, the ability to reproduce. Since they lack one of the most basic if not the most basic principal of living creatures it is not to difficult to see that they are not natural and therefore do not belong. I don't feel like homosexuals deserve the same rights as heterosexual couples. In my eyes and the eyes of nature they are less than human.[/QUOTE]

Less than human!!! Wow, I dont agree with homosexuality, I dont believe in gay marriage, but I would never say that. My faith teaches me that one sin is as great as any other, so applying your theory to that would mean that we are all less than human.

I never once mentioned faith. I went on the rules of nature. Every living organism in nature has the ability to reproduce except for homosexuals. Viruses can even reproduce. So my theory is not based around faith and is not intended to be based around faith. It is based around the rules of nature.
Super-Card Wrote:[quote=Coach_Owens87]

I never once mentioned faith. I went on the rules of nature. Every living organism in nature has the ability to reproduce except for homosexuals. Viruses can even reproduce. So my theory is not based around faith and is not intended to be based around faith. It is based around the rules of nature.

lol, the rules of nature never state that homosexuals are "less than human", if we use your theory than anyone who can not reproduce is less than human, it isnt only homosexuals who aren't reproducing, many many people have physical disabilities that keep them from having kids. Why dont you write a letter to the many women across this country who adopts kids because they arent fertile, why don't you tell them they're less than human.

And I know you never mentioned faith, but I did, and thats becuase I use my faith to guide in me in situations. It seems that Ignorance guides yours.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:[quote=Super-Card]

lol, the rules of nature never state that homosexuals are "less than human", if we use your theory than anyone who can not reproduce is less than human, it isnt only homosexuals who aren't reproducing, many many people have physical disabilities that keep them from having kids. Why dont you write a letter to the many women across this country who adopts kids because they arent fertile, why don't you tell them they're less than human.

And I know you never mentioned faith, but I did, and thats becuase I use my faith to guide in me in situations. It seems that Ignorance guides yours.

Here is the definition of life so sorry to burst your bubble:
c: an organismic state characterized by capacity for metabolism, growth, reaction to stimuli, and reproduction

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/life

So I stand by my statment before that Homosexuals are less than human. They go against the laws of nature, but you and your faith have a strong place in your heart for them. I wonder why........................
ComfortEagle Wrote:It is your right to believe what you want, but it is not your right to impose your beliefs on others. We should not deny homosexual couples the right to receive the same benefits as married heterosexual couples just because some people think it's wrong. Yes, the Constitution includes some biblical principles, but not all things are strictly Christian and the Constitution also says there will be no establishment of religion, therefore we should not be forcing the Christian view of marriage upon everyone.

Gay marriage and murder are not the same thing and you cannot link the two together. Murder is a violation of a basic unalienable right to life, no matter what your religion. Gay marriage would be giving homosexual couples recognition as being joined and giving them the same rights as heterosexual couples.

You can also say that marriage is a holy communion for you, but it is not for all heterosexual couples that get married and you can't force upon them the belief that they must stay together because the Bible says so.

But I am done here. I feel like I am beginning to repeat myself and this thread has gone way off-topic. The topic of this thread is "Why are you a Democrat or Republican," let's get it back on track.

You can't debate with someone who always things their right no matter what i went through that type of debate every **** day of school last year with sherman14....like we'd debate the iraq war no matter what i said hw always thought he was right and wouldn't take anything into consederation....i really don't understand his view on the death penalty he is against it he thinks that Executeing someone for a murder isn't right because he says it accomplishes nothing.....if we abolished the death penalty the prisons would be so over populated it wouldn't be funny....i believe that my being Pro-death penalty is my only conservative view...lol...
I think we have digressed a bit on this thread.
Super-Card Wrote:[quote=Coach_Owens87]

Here is the definition of life so sorry to burst your bubble:
c: an organismic state characterized by capacity for metabolism, growth, reaction to stimuli, and reproduction

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/life

So I stand by my statment before that Homosexuals are less than human. They go against the laws of nature, but you and your faith have a strong place in your heart for them. I wonder why........................

lol, Im a biology major, I dont need your or Webster to tell me what life is, the fact that you had to look in a dictionary for the definition of life is laughable.

I'm sure that most homosexuals could reproduce if they where to mate with the opposite sex, it's only when two homosexuals have sex that there is the inability to reproduce, that doesn't mean the individual doesn't have that ability, so technically they wouldn't go against the "laws of nature". If someone was gay, and then was to change their sexual orientation, would they still be less than human to you?

Also you never answered my question about straight couples who cant have children because one of them, or both are infertile. Many women who suffer from polycystic ovarian syndrome, or endometriosis, which is the tissue that lines the uterus, and can sometimes grow in other areas causing pain, irregular bleeding, and can lead to infertility. Are these people less than human because they cant reproduce?

I would also recommend you not become a bicyclist, many accidents that occur in bicycle racing have been known to lead to impotence, making you "less than human".

I do not support homosexuality, I do not believe in gay marriage, but I do not hate them, or wish anything harmful to happen to them, they deserve life just as much as I do.
I'm a Republican because my dad wouldn't let me stay in the house if I were to have registered as a Democrat lol.

Seriously when I registered, Johnson Co. was predominately a Republican County and I wanted to be able to vote in both May and November. While I am a conservative at heart, I do tend to cross party lines and vote for whomever I think would be the best person for the job.
RammsteinFan92 Wrote:You can't debate with someone who always things their right no matter what i went through that type of debate every **** day of school last year with sherman14....like we'd debate the iraq war no matter what i said hw always thought he was right and wouldn't take anything into consederation....i really don't understand his view on the death penalty he is against it he thinks that Executeing someone for a murder isn't right because he says it accomplishes nothing.....if we abolished the death penalty the prisons would be so over populated it wouldn't be funny....i believe that my being Pro-death penalty is my only conservative view...lol...

Actually, that's the point of debating. Both parties come to the table thinking their view is the right view. Then both back up why they believe this way and present the evidence for their views. It wouldn't be much of a debate if the people debating didn't think they were correct in their views.

Also, I recognize I have many flaws myself, but I believe the Word of God to be infallible and above all human thinking. It is what I base my beliefs on and for more than a thousand years, it has been put to the test, but no test thus far has proved it false. And many who have set out to prove it false have ended up believers.
BaseballMan Wrote:Actually, that's the point of debating. Both parties come to the table thinking their view is the right view. Then both back up why they believe this way and present the evidence for their views. It wouldn't be much of a debate if the people debating didn't think they were correct in their views.

Also, I recognize I have many flaws myself, but I believe the Word of God to be infallible and above all human thinking. It is what I base my beliefs on and for more than a thousand years, it has been put to the test, but no test thus far has proved it false. And many who have set out to prove it false have ended up believers.

but in a reasonalbe debate your supposed to hear the other persons side...and he never listens to my side....

but I believe the Word of God to be infallible and above all human thinking. It is what I base my beliefs on

IMO...you shouldn't do that because you have to have your own mind...you know?
I'll start.

I'm a Republican because I believe in a more limited government involvement. I also a pro-gun, life, death penalty. I am for lower taxes and higher trade. I think that the core values of that party are very closely associated with my own.[/QUOTE]

I agree, except on the death penalty I find it wrong.
I am a democrat
the people out there that say well our country was not founded on gay people or abortion don't make much sense... our country wasn't founded on anything besides free will do do watever the Heck you want to do... Free religous practice's... Republicans have tried to come out on the white horse and they are more corrupt than dems... ok Clinton had Monica..... Bush had weapons of mass distruction... wow what a comparrison both lied clinton lied noone died... Then people say dems are gonna take our guns... they havn't done it yet... Bush promised to make abortion illegal yea he might wanna get started on that he only has about half a year left... republican's are realyl narrow minded people they need to look at things as if they were in that persons shoes... :mad:
RammsteinFan92 Wrote:but in a reasonalbe debate your supposed to hear the other persons side...and he never listens to my side....

but I believe the Word of God to be infallible and above all human thinking. It is what I base my beliefs on

IMO...you shouldn't do that because you have to have your own mind...you know?

I'll agree with that. It is important to try and understand where the opponent is coming from.

In my experience, I have found it to be much much better to lean not on my own understanding, but to listen to the Word of God. It has kept me out of a lot of trouble. I do have my own mind, but my own mind isn't always doing or telling me the right things. If my mind told me to kill you, you wouldn't want me to follow it would you? That's what I'm talking about when I base my foundational beliefs on the Word of God. My mind wants revenge on you to kill you, but my God tells me that murder is wrong and that I shouldn't take revenge the way my mind tells me too.
BaseballMan Wrote:I'll agree with that. It is important to try and understand where the opponent is coming from.

In my experience, I have found it to be much much better to lean not on my own understanding, but to listen to the Word of God. It has kept me out of a lot of trouble. I do have my own mind, but my own mind isn't always doing or telling me the right things. If my mind told me to kill you, you wouldn't want me to follow it would you? That's what I'm talking about when I base my foundational beliefs on the Word of God. My mind wants revenge on you to kill you, but my God tells me that murder is wrong and that I shouldn't take revenge the way my mind tells me too.

Wow, that's a little harsh don't you think?
DevilsWin Wrote:Wow, that's a little harsh don't you think?

It's an example. It makes the point.
BaseballMan Wrote:I'll agree with that. It is important to try and understand where the opponent is coming from.

ok....so with the presidental elections....did you pray to god and ask him what canidate to vote/support for?
RammsteinFan92 Wrote:ok....so with the presidental elections....did you pray to god and ask him what canidate to vote/support for?

I'm afraid God might tell me to vote for neither of the candidates, that they're not worthy. Wink

Seriously though, no, I do not pray to God to give me a sign from the sky for what candidate to vote for nor any other decision in my life. I pray to God asking for wisdom and discernment, for patience and kindness, that will help me in making my own decisions. You see, God gave us a brain and He wants us to use it. He also wants to be a part of our lives to help guide us, but not make decisions for us in these fickle matters. He gives us tests and trials in our lives and hopes that we'll turn to Him to ask for guidance in making the right choice. I do not believe God will write in the sky: Vote for Barack Obama or John McCain. That's not the way He works - not saying He couldn't, but God typically wants us to make hard decisions for ourselves and lean on Him for the understanding and wisdom to do so.
Sorry, this thread is done and BaseballMan, you are done.

We at BGR will not be held responsible for "your mind wanting to kill someone."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]