Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Hitters in Eastern KY
with the regular season winding down , who has proven themselves to be the best hitters this season??? I'll post mine later
INSIGHT Wrote:with the regular season winding down , who has proven themselves to be the best hitters this season??? I'll post mine later

Billy Logan finished i believe at .469 and 6 homers.... solid if you ask me
Billy Logan-Greenup
Peyton Martin-Raceland
Timmy Hayes-Lawrence
Corey Adams-Paintsville

These I think are the top four in Eastern Kentucky...Not in any order...
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Billy Logan-Greenup
Peyton Martin-Raceland
Timmy Hayes-Lawrence
Corey Adams-Paintsville

I'm not that familiar with martin

Logan is a great hitter (power and contact)

Hayes Much improved this year really pounds the ball

Adams hitting with much more power

I agree with you on those three but as I said I'm just not familar with Martin.
INSIGHT Wrote:I'm not that familiar with martin

Logan is a great hitter (power and contact)

Hayes Much improved this year really pounds the ball

Adams hitting with much more power

I agree with you on those three but as I said I'm just not familar with Martin.

Peyton plays shortstop for Raceland. Very legitamate hitter. Not as much power, but he is hitting around .400 or above and has a whole mess of stolen bases. He is very good fundamental shortstop as well. I know it's a hitter's thread, but you said you didn't know him, so I figured I would tell you. He deserves to be with these other three. He is as good of a contact guy as anybody on this list.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Peyton plays shortstop for Raceland. Very legitamate hitter. Not as much power, but he is hitting around .400 or above and has a whole mess of stolen bases. He is very good fundamental shortstop as well. I know it's a hitter's thread, but you said you didn't know him, so I figured I would tell you. He deserves to be with these other three. He is as good of a contact guy as anybody on this list.

Do you find it odd that Peyton has not signed?

and Peyton is a trouble maker for pitchers... can bunt for a hit...and if he gets on its a double or a triple
Bosox Fan Wrote:Do you find it odd that Peyton has not signed?

and Peyton is a trouble maker for pitchers... can bunt for a hit...and if he gets on its a double or a triple

Yea I do. I have heard that he was waiting on Morehead to offer him something, but I haven't heard if they have or not. His best bet would be to go to a NAIA school where he would get to play. Some kids, however, think they are above that and it causes them to miss out on some great opportunities. There are a lot of NAIA schools that compete on a level as good or better than a lot of D1 programs and D2 programs.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea I do. I have heard that he was waiting on Morehead to offer him something, but I haven't heard if they have or not. His best bet would be to go to a NAIA school where he would get to play. Some kids, however, think they are above that and it causes them to miss out on some great opportunities. There are a lot of NAIA schools that compete on a level as good or better than a lot of D1 programs and D2 programs.

Well I have heard there were a couple of naia coaches coming for him next week.
Bosox Fan Wrote:Well I have heard there were a couple of naia coaches coming for him next week.

Well that's good. I hope that is what he decides to do. He needs to play somewhere I don't care where it is.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well that's good. I hope that is what he decides to do. He needs to play somewhere I don't care where it is.

agreed.....
I don't see how were leaving out Drew Freeman. I'd say he is definitely one of the best without a doubt. I'm not sure about average but he's got 7 hr's with plenty of season left.
Godspeed Wrote:I don't see how were leaving out Drew Freeman. I'd say he is definitely one of the best without a doubt. I'm not sure about average but he's got 7 hr's with plenty of season left.

Yea he does. I can't get use to Estill being apart of Eastern Kentucky. I still consider them to be in central kentucky. However, if we are putting him in eastern kentucky then he deserves to be on the list as well.
Godspeed Wrote:I don't see how were leaving out Drew Freeman. I'd say he is definitely one of the best without a doubt. I'm not sure about average but he's got 7 hr's with plenty of season left.
He's hitting .702 with 7 hr's.
Colton Cook and Tanner Sexton from LCC are great contact hitters who about always puts the ball in play. Freeman is a machine from Estill. One of the most complete players I have seen this season. Really is hard to see Estill and even Powell be in the 14th Region consider you have to travel 3 hours to get to Estill and 2 -3 to Powell.
goinyard Wrote:He's hitting .702 with 7 hr's.

I was getting ready to say this a little far fetched, but after looking at their schedule I can believe it. They have face anybody with a descent pitcher besides maybe 3 or 4 games. If he is truly hitting this then it should be taken into consideration what kind of teams he did it against. If he would've played some of the schedules others in that area were playing I would say he would be down atleast to around .400 or below.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I was getting ready to say this a little far fetched, but after looking at their schedule I can believe it. They have face anybody with a descent pitcher besides maybe 3 or 4 games. If he is truly hitting this then it should be taken into consideration what kind of teams he did it against. If he would've played some of the schedules others in that area were playing I would say he would be down atleast to around .400 or below.

When looking down, swinging an axe and making baseless conjectures, it IS hard to see the forest for the tree...
thecavemaster Wrote:When looking down, swinging an axe and making baseless conjectures, it IS hard to see the forest for the tree...

Hey Aristotle just say what you want to say. How was it a "baseless conjecture?"
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I was getting ready to say this a little far fetched, but after looking at their schedule I can believe it. They have face anybody with a descent pitcher besides maybe 3 or 4 games. If he is truly hitting this then it should be taken into consideration what kind of teams he did it against. If he would've played some of the schedules others in that area were playing I would say he would be down atleast to around .400 or below.

it is still impressive that .702 is even possible... However I do agree that the pitching makes a big difference
Bosox Fan Wrote:it is still impressive that .702 is even possible... However I do agree that the pitching makes a big difference

Yea don't get me wrong it is impressive, but I am just dissapointed at the teams he did it against. I wish this could be a legit stat, but it is hard to be with the schedule they play.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Hey Aristotle just say what you want to say. How was it a "baseless conjecture?"

In your opinion, Freeman would hit maybe .400 if playing, say, Paintsville's schedule. It's a conjecture. In my opinion, a baseless one.
thecavemaster Wrote:In your opinion, Freeman would hit maybe .400 if playing, say, Paintsville's schedule. It's a conjecture. In my opinion, a baseless one.

No not Paintsville's schedule it is a weak one as well. I was think more of the lines of maybe Estill's future opponent Greenup County' schedule or Boyd County's schedule or Lawrence County's schedule. Any of those and yes I think he would have only hit around .400. These schools have some major D1 prospects and none of them are hitting anywhere close to that. They are all in the .400's for the most part, and that is because of the difficulty of their schedule. These will also be the teams that go far because of their schedule.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:No not Paintsville's schedule it is a weak one as well. I was think more of the lines of maybe Estill's future opponent Greenup County' schedule or Boyd County's schedule or Lawrence County's schedule. Any of those and yes I think he would have only hit around .400. These schools have some major D1 prospects and none of them are hitting anywhere close to that. They are all in the .400's for the most part, and that is because of the difficulty of their schedule. These will also be the teams that go far because of their schedule.

I do not disagree that the schedule of those schools is tougher, top to bottom. I do not disagree that Freeman's .700 is a bit inflated. I do think that Freeman is a D1 type hitter and can hit with any of the guys from these other teams.
thecavemaster Wrote:I do not disagree that the schedule of those schools is tougher, top to bottom. I do not disagree that Freeman's .700 is a bit inflated. I do think that Freeman is a D1 type hitter and can hit with any of the guys from these other teams.

That is a huge statement! You are talking about out-hitting players like Billy Logan, who is just a junior but should go D1, Timmy Hayes, who signed with Louisville, Corey Adams, who is just a junior, but will play somewhere and is the best hitter on his team. Also, Gatlin Barker, who is the best player on Boyd's team, but is hurt right now. There is a lot of hitters around the state, and I would not make a statement like that unless you have seen all of them play. You would be highly surprised at what you saw. I am not denying that he is a good hitter, all I am saying is I wanted to see his number against good teams, and that is immpossible with their schedule.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That is a huge statement! You are talking about out-hitting players like Billy Logan, who is just a junior but should go D1, Timmy Hayes, who signed with Louisville, Corey Adams, who is just a junior, but will play somewhere and is the best hitter on his team. Also, Gatlin Barker, who is the best player on Boyd's team, but is hurt right now. There is a lot of hitters around the state, and I would not make a statement like that unless you have seen all of them play. You would be highly surprised at what you saw. I am not denying that he is a good hitter, all I am saying is I wanted to see his number against good teams, and that is immpossible with their schedule.

I think Freeman is a D1 type hitter. I haven't seen all the players you mentioned... but have heard a couple of recruiters talk about Freeman's bat as being in "the same ballpark" as some of the best left hand hitters in the state. Why would I be surprised at these players ability to hit? Did I knock them?
thecavemaster Wrote:I think Freeman is a D1 type hitter. I haven't seen all the players you mentioned... but have heard a couple of recruiters talk about Freeman's bat as being in "the same ballpark" as some of the best left hand hitters in the state. Why would I be surprised at these players ability to hit? Did I knock them?

No I don't think you knocked them, but you were saying he is as good or better than them and you haven't seen any of them play. That's all. I never said he wasn't a D1 type hitter. All I said was that he may not be better or as good as some of the others I mentioned, or he may be. I have only seen him play in two games, and what I have seen I would only put him above one of the players I mentioned. I won't say his name, but he is better than him, but the others still have an edge on him.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Billy Logan-Greenup
Peyton Martin-Raceland
Timmy Hayes-Lawrence
Corey Adams-Paintsville

so I agree and I think the general consensus ,meaning more than just one opinion in this case would indicate that these are probably top 4

I also know that there are some other good hitters out there,,, but these guy's are difference makers in almost every game no matter the compitetion level or the pitching they face.. I've seen Hayes and Adams stroke the ball for extra bases more than once this year facing excellent high school pitching and in some cases that being most of the offense their team generated in the game..and everyone agrees on Martin and Logan as well ..so I'll agree with these four and that will be my picks as well...
I heard the boys from Lawrence County were tearin it up at least thats what the papers say... Timmy Hayes last time i heard was batting around .460 with 5 homeruns and Jeff Cyrus was batting around .470 so sounds like these two are pretty good hitters.
INSIGHT Wrote:so I agree and I think the general consensus ,meaning more than just one opinion in this case would indicate that these are probably top 4

I also know that there are some other good hitters out there,,, but these guy's are difference makers in almost every game no matter the compitetion level or the pitching they face.. I've seen Hayes and Adams stroke the ball for extra bases more than once this year facing excellent high school pitching and in some cases that being most of the offense their team generated in the game..and everyone agrees on Martin and Logan as well ..so I'll agree with these four and that will be my picks as well...

Well I am glad somebody atleast agrees with me about something on here! haha
INSIGHT Wrote:so I agree and I think the general consensus ,meaning more than just one opinion in this case would indicate that these are probably top 4

In a room of idiots, one voice stood out, saying, "I don't think we ought to mess with this Rambo character." However, the general consensus was to harrass him.
thecavemaster Wrote:
In a room of idiots, one voice stood out, saying, "I don't think we ought to mess with this Rambo character." However, the general consensus was to harrass him.

???Who exactly is that directed towards. I don't know what your problem is with me, but I have never once made a negative personal comment towards you, and I would appreciate it if you could just have a discussion without making it your personal mission to try and belittle comments that aren't your own. I have not a clue of how old you are or anything of that nature. If your a young kid than I understand this nonsense, but if not then I really don't.