Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Veteran
It It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN,[B] not the politician[/B], Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN, who salutes the Flag.

It is the VETERAN, who serves under the flag.

ETERNAL REST GRANT UNTO THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.

:USAFlag: :USAFlag: :USAFlag: :USAFlag:
DevilsWin Wrote:It It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN,[B] not the politician[/B], Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN, who salutes the Flag.

It is the VETERAN, who serves under the flag.

ETERNAL REST GRANT UNTO THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.

:USAFlag: :USAFlag: :USAFlag: :USAFlag:

The veteran does not give these things. They serve to protect them, but I don't think it is accurate to say they gave them.... "...endowed by the Creator with certain inalienable rights..."
thecavemaster Wrote:The veteran does not give these things. They serve to protect them, but I don't think it is accurate to say they gave them.... "...endowed by the Creator with certain inalienable rights..."
I think you're missing the point Cavemaster.:p
DevilsWin Wrote:I think you're missing the point Cavemaster.:p

You're probably right...though, on another day (not Memorial Day weekend), it might be worth discussing.
I'd like to take this chance to "Thank All Veteran's for protecting us and our rights".
thecavemaster Wrote:You're probably right...though, on another day (not Memorial Day weekend), it might be worth discussing.
Agreed! :Thumbs:
It is the veteran who has given his life to protect our freedoms. That's why we remember and have Memorial Day. It is God who has given us the good things that our veterans have fought to protect. I am honored by all that have fought to keep our way of life, to protect our freedoms, and who love our country. Our soldiers are to be honored, and those who have died to be remembered on this Memorial Day.
BaseballMan Wrote:It is the veteran who has given his life to protect our freedoms. That's why we remember and have Memorial Day. It is God who has given us the good things that our veterans have fought to protect. I am honored by all that have fought to keep our way of life, to protect our freedoms, and who love our country. Our soldiers are to be honored, and those who have died to be remembered on this Memorial Day.

If Jesus would not fight for this world (he said his kingdom was not of it), is it possible to follow him and fight for this world? I won't respond to your answer, as this thread isn't so much about that.
thecavemaster Wrote:If Jesus would not fight for this world (he said his kingdom was not of it), is it possible to follow him and fight for this world? I won't respond to your answer, as this thread isn't so much about that.

This thread is not about this issue. If you wish to PM me about it I will gladly answer your question.