Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Teachers Teach Creation Legally?
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...on-legally

Darwinists promote the myth that the U.S. Supreme Court has banned the teaching of creation. Yet the National Center for Science Education, the leading advocate of teaching evolution in government schools, admits that the courts have established only five basic standards:

1. Supervisors may forbid teaching creation.
  2. Supervisors may not forbid teaching evolution.
  3. Supervisors may require teaching evolution.
  4. Supervisors may not require teaching creation.
  5. Whatever is done, it may not be done dogmatically.

The take-home lesson is this: “If your supervisor says it’s okay for you to teach creation, then it’s okay.” In government schools I taught creation/evolution as a two-sided issue in biology and earth science (from middle school through college level) without incident for 14 years; but surprisingly when I taught that creation is a viable alternative to evolution at a “Christian” college, I was denied tenure.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this would be interesting for anyone in the teaching profession.
Isn't that The Church and Their Parents responsibility?

Why do we need it in the schools too?
DevilsWin Wrote:Isn't that The Church and Their Parents responsibility?

Why do we need it in the schools too?

The subject is History and Science, the same as evolution. It should be taught as an alternative to evolution instead of evolution as being the only possible way for the origin of things.

It is also a responsibility of the parents and the church, but what about kids who do not have intelligent parents nor go to church. Why is it so bad that it can't be taught in schools, especially if it is the truth?
BaseballMan Wrote:The subject is History and Science, the same as evolution. It should be taught as an alternative to evolution instead of evolution as being the only possible way for the origin of things.

It is also a responsibility of the parents and the church, but what about kids who do not have intelligent parents nor go to church. Why is it so bad that it can't be taught in schools, especially if it is the truth?

This isn't a 3rd world primitive people you are talking about. I think it's safe to say they everyone in America is well aware of Christianity.

There are probably 40 churches for every shcool in Kentucky why should the schools be teaching these "Theories"....?

If the parents aren't teaching these things they probably don't want the school doing it either.

Schools are funded by tax dollars. I'm sure that if they wanted to teach Islam you wouldn't be pleased with your tax money going to fund that program.

You teach your kids and let the rest teach theirs. <---That is what America is about.
DevilsWin Wrote:This isn't a 3rd world primitive people you are talking about. I think it's safe to say they everyone in America is well aware of Christianity.

There are probably 40 churches for every shcool in Kentucky why should the schools be teaching these "Theories"....?

If the parents aren't teaching these things they probably don't want the school to be doing it either.

Schools are funded by tax dollars. I'm sure that if they wanted to teach islam you wouldn't be please with your tax money going to fund that program.

You teach your kids and let the rest teach theirs. <---That is what America is about.

Can you imagine if a school district said, "Hey, yeah, post the Ten Commandments, but, in order to be fair, we will have to post the Five PIllars of Islam, the Buddhist Circle, the Native American Ten Commandments..." etc. etc. What about freedom of religion then? The Framers of the US Constitution wanted to protect freedom of conscience: the Puritan forefathers did not. Roger Williams found that out, got banned to the wilderness, wandered around and founded Rhode Island...
DevilsWin Wrote:This isn't a 3rd world primitive people you are talking about. I think it's safe to say they everyone in America is well aware of Christianity.

If the parents aren't teaching these things they probably don't want the school doing it either.

Schools are funded by tax dollars. I'm sure that if they wanted to teach Islam you wouldn't be pleased with your tax money going to fund that program.

You would be surprised. There is a church on nearly every street corner in the Bible Belt of America, and many of them aren't teaching sound doctrine.

Exactly, why should they teach "theories", because if you take out theories, then you don't have a science class anymore.

Many parents don't know any better, and many could care less. Also, many would want their kids to know an alternative to what may very well be a completely false belief about evolution. Maybe if you had been taught something alternative, then you'd be a little different in your views.

They already teach Islam in the schools. It's a part of world history classes. And I am very well pleased that they do. It's essential to know about every religion and belief. That way one can truly understand why there is only one way and not be left to speculate.

I will teach my kids the truth, and hope and pray that the rest of America would want to do so as well. It's views such as yours that keep that from happening. I am not saying don't teach evolution. So why should you say don't teach creation?
thecavemaster Wrote:Can you imagine if a school district said, "Hey, yeah, post the Ten Commandments, but, in order to be fair, we will have to post the Five PIllars of Islam, the Buddhist Circle, the Native American Ten Commandments..." etc. etc. What about freedom of religion then? The Framers of the US Constitution wanted to protect freedom of conscience: the Puritan forefathers did not. Roger Williams found that out, got banned to the wilderness, wandered around and founded Rhode Island...

The ‘establishment of religion’ portion of the Constitution was there not to allow a godless left-wing agenda to be imposed on all others, but simply to ensure that the rights of atheists, agnostics and minor religions were also protected. ~ http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation...ecourt.asp

It says freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Therefore all religions should be taught, and if a teacher wants to hang the 10 commandments, then so be it. It he or she wants to hang the 5 pillars of faith, then so be it. I've actually seen the 5 pillars of faith hanging on school banners in classrooms. I've seen the Buddhist Circle in books and on signs in the classroom. So, why is it such a big deal if a teacher wants to hang up the 10 commandments?
BaseballMan Wrote:The ‘establishment of religion’ portion of the Constitution was there not to allow a godless left-wing agenda to be imposed on all others, but simply to ensure that the rights of atheists, agnostics and minor religions were also protected. ~ http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation...ecourt.asp

It says freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. Therefore all religions should be taught, and if a teacher wants to hang the 10 commandments, then so be it. It he or she wants to hang the 5 pillars of faith, then so be it. I've actually seen the 5 pillars of faith hanging on school banners in classrooms. I've seen the Buddhist Circle in books and on signs in the classroom. So, why is it such a big deal if a teacher wants to hang up the 10 commandments?

I always knew ann coulter was a man
BaseballMan Wrote:The ‘establishment of religion’ portion of the Constitution was there not to allow a godless left-wing agenda to be imposed on all others, but simply to ensure that the rights of atheists, agnostics and minor religions were also protected. ~ http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation...ecourt.asp

All these big shots that make this crap up must not believe in God.
To make it clear, I personally have no problem with having the ten commandments posted in the classroom, or any building for that matter. And I have no problem with documents from other religions being posted either. I am secure in my faith in god, and my savior jesus, and no religious text being posted is going to sway me in any direction.

On the other hand I can easily see how having religious text could offend some people. I dont believe that me being christian means I can impose my beliefs onto others, same goes for any other religion.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:To make it clear, I personally have no problem with having the ten commandments posted in the classroom, or any building for that matter. And I have no problem with documents from other religions being posted either. I am secure in my faith in god, and my savior jesus, and no religious text being posted is going to sway me in any direction.

On the other hand I can easily see how having religious text could offend some people. I dont believe that me being christian means I can impose my beliefs onto others, same goes for any other religion.

So by not imposing your beliefs onto others, do you not tell anyone about Christ as Lord and Savior? Or would you consider that imposing your beliefs?

For me, Christ commanded all His disciples to tell the nations about Him. He said for His followers to go out into to the world and tell. While that doesn't mean forcing our beliefs on anyone, it does say that we are to challenge their views, and tell them of saving grace only in Christ, and to tell them that He's coming back.
Baseballman Wrote:So by not imposing your beliefs onto others, do you not tell anyone about Christ as Lord and Savior? Or would you consider that imposing your beliefs?

For me, Christ commanded all His disciples to tell the nations about Him. He said for His followers to go out into to the world and tell. While that doesn't mean forcing our beliefs on anyone, it does say that we are to challenge their views, and tell them of saving grace only in Christ, and to tell them that He's coming back.

What I should have said is that I cant make/force anyone to believe what I do. That doesn't mean I don't let people know about my faith in christ, or tell them that jesus is our savior.
BaseballMan Wrote:You would be surprised. There is a church on nearly every street corner in the Bible Belt of America, and many of them aren't teaching sound doctrine.

Exactly, why should they teach "theories", because if you take out theories, then you don't have a science class anymore.

Many parents don't know any better, and many could care less. Also, many would want their kids to know an alternative to what may very well be a completely false belief about evolution. Maybe if you had been taught something alternative, then you'd be a little different in your views.

They already teach Islam in the schools. It's a part of world history classes. And I am very well pleased that they do. It's essential to know about every religion and belief. That way one can truly understand why there is only one way and not be left to speculate.

I will teach my kids the truth, and hope and pray that the rest of America would want to do so as well. It's views such as yours that keep that from happening. I am not saying don't teach evolution. So why should you say don't teach creation?

Listen up closely here. Never presume to know what I have been "taught".

Would you want for instance an Athiest who happens to be a teacher to teach your children Creationism as part of the regular cirriculum? Or would you rather just leave that job to yourselves as parents?

Also, please explain to me how My Views keep you and the rest of America from "teaching your kids the truth".
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:What I should have said is that I cant make/force anyone to believe what I do. That doesn't mean I don't let people know about my faith in christ, or tell them that jesus is our savior.

Agreed!
DevilsWin Wrote:Listen up closely here. Never presume to know what I have been "taught".

Would you want for instance an Athiest who happens to be a teacher to teach your children Creationism as part of the regular cirriculum? Or would you rather just leave that job to yourselves as parents?

Also, please explain to me how My Views keep you and the rest of America from "teaching your kids the truth".

Not presuming to know what you've been taught, only referring to your posts as the knowledge you express.

Wouldn't bother me a bit if atheist, agnostic, and christian taught the class as long as they taught creation as a possibility. It's already being taught that's there no other way than evolution, so the lie is already spread. At least my children would be able to make a good debate with the teacher to challenge their views as well as the students in the class.

Your views keep creation from being taught in the schools. You put it off as something irrelevant to science when in fact science completely supports it.
BaseballMan Wrote:Not presuming to know what you've been taught, only referring to your posts as the knowledge you express.

Wouldn't bother me a bit if atheist, agnostic, and christian taught the class as long as they taught creation as a possibility. It's already being taught that's there no other way than evolution, so the lie is already spread. At least my children would be able to make a good debate with the teacher to challenge their views as well as the students in the class.

Your views keep creation from being taught in the schools. You put it off as something irrelevant to science when in fact science completely supports it.

I'm just trying to bring a good argument to the table here. I could throw you a bunch of easy lobs but that's just not my style. Fastball is more my style. Some may call it "Chin Music".
Devils Advocate. Thats all.

I still don't understand how my views directly effect the cirriculum.
DevilsWin Wrote:I'm just trying to bring a good argument to the table here. I could throw you a bunch of easy lobs but that's just not my style. Fastball is more my style. Some may call it "Chin Music".
Devils Advocate. Thats all.

I still don't understand how my views directly effect the cirriculum.

And I appreciate it your throwing fastballs or chin music or whatever the heck you want to call it. I think you actually believe some of what you're saying or you wouldn't throw them at me. Either way, I just want to present the truth, the absolute truth, so that for all those who see or may see, it will set them free.

You are one of many who argue that creation shouldn't be taught in schools alongside evolution, when, in fact, it is more reliable and credible as being the origin. That puzzles me because I don't mind evolution being taught, because I know that when put to the test with creation, evolution fails by it's own arguments. I say, teach everything as part of our education system. Then our students will truly be able to discover the truth.
BaseballMan Wrote:And I appreciate it your throwing fastballs or chin music or whatever the heck you want to call it. I think you actually believe some of what you're saying or you wouldn't throw them at me. Either way, I just want to present the truth, the absolute truth, so that for all those who see or may see, it will set them free.

You are one of many who argue that creation shouldn't be taught in schools alongside evolution, when, in fact, it is more reliable and credible as being the origin. That puzzles me because I don't mind evolution being taught, because I know that when put to the test with creation, evolution fails by it's own arguments. I say, teach everything as part of our education system. Then our students will truly be able to discover the truth.

What fun would BGR be if Baseballman were able to log on and declare this and that without any opposing arguments? That would be boring, I don't think BGR is the place for that.

You are merely stating the truth "as you see it". I beg to differ but you are not the only person on Earth or BGR to claim to have an enlightened grasp of how the world works. You are just one of many who thinks that their beliefs are superior to everyone else's beliefs. Rolleyes
DevilsWin Wrote:What fun would BGR be if Baseballman were able to log on and declare this and that without any opposing arguments? That would be boring, I don't think BGR is the place for that.

You are merely stating the truth "as you see it". I beg to differ but you are not the only person on Earth or BGR to claim to have an enlightened grasp of how the world works. You are just one of many who thinks that their beliefs are superior to everyone else's beliefs. Rolleyes

I agree. That makes it fun, and therefore the reason I post the information - to have people like you to debate it with.

I am not stating the truth as I see it. This is truth according to the Word of God. There is no way I could have came up with this. There is no way any human could have. If it weren't revealed to us by God, then we would not have any basis for truth. I don't claim to be an enlightened person, nor to be any better than you. My beliefs aren't superior to yours or anyone elses. God's truths are however superior to anything you or I believe. Wink
BaseballMan Wrote:I agree. That makes it fun, and therefore the reason I post the information - to have people like you to debate it with.

I am not stating the truth as I see it. This is truth according to the Word of God. There is no way I could have came up with this. There is no way any human could have. If it weren't revealed to us by God, then we would not have any basis for truth. I don't claim to be an enlightened person, nor to be any better than you. My beliefs aren't superior to yours or anyone elses. God's truths are however superior to anything you or I believe. Wink
Correct me if I'm wrong but only the "Words Written in Red" are the true word of God and weren't some books of the Bible written hundreds of years after the Death of Christ?
DevilsWin Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but only the "Words Written in Red" are the true word of God and weren't some books of the Bible written hundreds of years after the Death of Christ?

You are wrong! The words written in red in some versions of the bible are the words of Christ. No books were written hundreds of years after Christ. The latest dated book in the New Testament is Revelation and it is dated to 95 AD just 60 some years after Christ. The Bible itself claims to be the inspired word of God Himself in several scriptures.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16)

For more information concerning scripture being God-Breathed click the link:
http://www.bible.ca/b-inspired.htm
This thread has been closed due to the following rule violations:

Posting false or incorrect information will not be tolerated. If you are unaware of something such as a score or any information regarding a certain topic, then do not post it until sure. False threads and posts will be deleted and you will be warned.

Post padding will not be tolerated. Topics are there for your view pleasure but you are not required to post something in every one that you open. If you have no real opinion or knowledge on a subject, please move on to another one.

This thread is also being closed for “spamming.” Here is why:
When you create these threads and put the links to the other sites in them, you are essentially promoting these other sites. Since you have posted the links they are now searchable through Google and in essence you are using the server space of this site to promote these other sites, which we will no longer tolerate. This is BluegrassRivals, not answersingenesis.com and we are not paying for server space to promote any of the sites that you are consistently linking to.

Please refrain from posting these type of threads in the future or alternative action will be taken in the form of suspension or ban. No one wants to read a book from some other website, if they wanted to, by now they would have gone to the site.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]