Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Osborne to play at Tennessee
I can't believe he is only 5'8" I thought for sure he would be bigger than that. I think he was 5'8" during the little league world series. He must not have grown since he was 12 years old.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I can't believe he is only 5'8" I thought for sure he would be bigger than that. I think he was 5'8" during the little league world series. He must not have grown since he was 12 years old.

would not shock me... he really is not having a high caliber player type of year either... I know he faces some tough pitching but still only .341 and 3 hrs
Bosox Fan Wrote:would not shock me... he really is not having a high caliber player type of year either... I know he faces some tough pitching but still only .341 and 3 hrs
Nothing wrong with batting .341 in a season.LOL. Especially against the caliber of teams that PRP plays.
Pupaw Wrote:Nothing wrong with batting .341 in a season.LOL. Especially against the caliber of teams that PRP plays.

No your right. He coach was actually quote in the Courier Journal as saying that Zach is the best shortstop he has ever seen in high school. Those are pretty big words considering the shortstops that he has seen over his years!
And a great kid also! Wish U.K. could have gotten him!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:No your right. He coach was actually quote in the Courier Journal as saying that Zach is the best shortstop he has ever seen in high school. Those are pretty big words considering the shortstops that he has seen over his years!

That would include his older brother as well. Three years ago his brother played short(who now plays at U of L) and Zach played second. Pretty good middle infield.

I would guess that UT will have him back at second.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:No your right. He coach was actually quote in the Courier Journal as saying that Zach is the best shortstop he has ever seen in high school. Those are pretty big words considering the shortstops that he has seen over his years!

Congrats to the kid!

And this is a little off trck. BUT, can't you find your own Avatar? Instead of jackin' mine.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That would include his older brother as well. Three years ago his brother played short(who now plays at U of L) and Zach played second. Pretty good middle infield.

I would guess that UT will have him back at second.

I would say that you are right about him going back to second. I am really not sure how strong his arm is, but he could possibly stay at shortstop.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I would say that you are right about him going back to second. I am really not sure how strong his arm is, but he could possibly stay at shortstop.

From what i have heard (seen) he is a 2nd baseman in college.... He has good feet and a decent arm but not going to be able to throw a kid out from deep in the hole on a kid that runs a 6.4-6.5.....

Also about me saying that he was hitting ONLY .341.... I know the kid can hit I have faced him on the mound my self... However it just seems like most of the big D1 school signees are at least around .400
Bosox Fan Wrote:From what i have heard (seen) he is a 2nd baseman in college.... He has good feet and a decent arm but not going to be able to throw a kid out from deep in the hole on a kid that runs a 6.4-6.5.....

Also about me saying that he was hitting ONLY .341.... I know the kid can hit I have faced him on the mound my self... However it just seems like most of the big D1 school signees are at least around .400

Yeh but compare PRP's schedule to the rest of the schedules in the state who have D1 signees. PRP always see everybody's best and they are always up against somebody's Ace, and because of that .341 could be equivalent to .500 in Eastern Kentucky.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yeh but compare PRP's schedule to the rest of the schedules in the state who have D1 signees. PRP always see everybody's best and they are always up against somebody's Ace, and because of that .341 could be equivalent to .500 in Eastern Kentucky.

Scheduling is so weak in eastern Kentucky that about 90% of all the teams in eastern Kentucky will never see one single pitcher in a whole season of the caliber that PRP sees almost every day.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Scheduling is so weak in eastern Kentucky that about 90% of all the teams in eastern Kentucky will never see one single pitcher in a whole season of the caliber that PRP sees almost every day.

Whenever you are the best program in the state and are ranked nationally you will see everybody's best everyday you play them, and that is mainly why those teams are usually in the front running for state titles and why Eastern Kentucky is lucky to get a team in the state tournament more less win a couple of games down there. However, the way the sectionals are set up, and the way the draw it this year, it is very possible that an Eastern Kentucky team could make to the finals this year. However, they will most likely face the Zach's once they get there.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Whenever you are the best program in the state and are ranked nationally you will see everybody's best everyday you play them, and that is mainly why those teams are usually in the front running for state titles and why Eastern Kentucky is lucky to get a team in the state tournament more less win a couple of games down there. However, the way the sectionals are set up, and the way the draw it this year, it is very possible that an Eastern Kentucky team could make to the finals this year. However, they will most likely face the Zach's once they get there.
Bill Miller has PRP ranked at the top every year, because he runs a year round program. Yeah I know he has some side business, but they are even baseball related. When some of these programs around here figure out that it is a year round deal, somebody from around here might have a few teams consistantly able to at least give ol Bill a challenge every now and then. Right now Boyd County is about the only program around here that really takes it that serious. Although I must say that Randy Keeton and his guys do a heck of a job too. Coach Lyons has the gumption to do it, and works hard at it, but I dont think that he gets a whole lot of support though the administration. Every kid in eastern Kentucky has just as good of a chance to be as good as any player that plays in Lexington or Louisville if they take it serious. There is no difference inb the kids.The biggest problem is you have too dang many of these kids that want to bounce that stupid ol basketball. One of these days you may have one of these guys actually be able to jump up and touch the rim. Rolleyes That's why eastern Kentucky will always be behind. Baseball players are not born , they are developed.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Bill Miller has PRP ranked at the top every year, because he runs a year round program. Yeah I know he has some side business, but they are even baseball related. When some of these programs around here figure out that it is a year round deal, somebody from around here might have a few teams consistantly able to at least give ol Bill a challenge every now and then. Right now Boyd County is about the only program around here that really takes it that serious. Although I must say that Randy Keeton and his guys do a heck of a job too. Coach Lyons has the gumption to do it, and works hard at it, but I dont think that he gets a whole lot of support though the administration. Every kid in eastern Kentucky has just as good of a chance to be as good as any player that plays in Lexington or Louisville if they take it serious. There is no difference inb the kids.The biggest problem is you have too dang many of these kids that want to bounce that stupid ol basketball. That's why eastern Kentucky will always be behind. Baseball players are not born , they are developed.

Very true!
Congrats to him and best of luck at the next level.