Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Co 8 Powell Co 0
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Oh there is no doubt that happens. So many times you are the most prepared team on the field and your players don't show up. Somedays it just happens. You will notice though that in the postseason, the absolute dominant programs do not let up in the post season. I think they understand that it is a mission to get to Applebees and they almost take it personal. PRP may have the easiest road to Applebees I have seen. They have the weakest region I have seen besides themself. The other region with St. X and all those teams. Could you imagine having to play the post season in that region, Ballard, Trinity, St. X, Eastern, etc. I would have a heart attack there, but I guess what I am trying to say is that in Eastern Kentucky, if you are the overwhelming favorite, which I know Powell was not, you should be able to come out and take care of business, and sometimes they just don't do it. It is an unbelievable dissapointment too, and it only hits you when it's over. Powell needs to find away to get back to the elite status of the 14th region. What do they have coming up in the next couple of years? Are they going to be down for awhile after this season?

I don't think Powell should be down after this season. They still have some talent returning and some more talent coming out. I think they will be fine.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I don't think Powell should be down after this season. They still have some talent returning and some more talent coming out. I think they will be fine.

Well I know they lost pretty much all their pitching from this year besides the Dotson boy. Isn't their top 3 pitchers seniors this year?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well I know they lost pretty much all their pitching from this year besides the Dotson boy. Isn't their top 3 pitchers seniors this year?

That is true. But Rison also pitched and so did Reed and Morton. We probably won't be as good at our pitching, but we will get it done.
I consider Dotson the 3rd best pitcher that was on the team this year behind Brewer and Kinser. Powell is losing alot of talent but im sure they will be fine. Dotson is a very good pitcher who is capable of doing alot for this team. Rison with Reed, Scott and incoming Frank Spencer will fill out the Powell co pitching rotation IMO.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I consider Dotson the 3rd best pitcher that was on the team this year behind Brewer and Kinser. Powell is losing alot of talent but im sure they will be fine. Dotson is a very good pitcher who is capable of doing alot for this team. Rison with Reed, Scott and incoming Frank Spencer will fill out the Powell co pitching rotation IMO.

I was under the impression that Seth Profitt was the #3?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I was under the impression that Seth Profitt was the #3?
He is, or was. Powell's pitching will definitely improve here soon. They may have lost Profitt, Kinser, and Brewer. But they had a ton of freshmen see time on the mound trying to get them ready for next year. Jeremy Trent, Logan Morton, Joe Scott, and Morgan Reed all got plenty of varsity time this year. John Mays should be a great pitcher if he keeps working hard. Has plenty of velocity on his fastball and a decent breaking ball. That freshmen class has over 10 players. If they stick together you might see a regional championship team again in Powell County here in the near future. It will just take a little bit of time to get them where they need to be. Hopefully we won't see all that talent go to waste.
Godspeed Wrote:He is, or was. Powell's pitching will definitely improve here soon. They may have lost Profitt, Kinser, and Brewer. But they had a ton of freshmen see time on the mound trying to get them ready for next year. Jeremy Trent, Logan Morton, Joe Scott, and Morgan Reed all got plenty of varsity time this year. John Mays should be a great pitcher if he keeps working hard. Has plenty of velocity on his fastball and a decent breaking ball. That freshmen class has over 10 players. If they stick together you might see a regional championship team again in Powell County here in the near future. It will just take a little bit of time to get them where they need to be. Hopefully we won't see all that talent go to waste.

The past couple of years that is exactly what we have seen.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:The past couple of years that is exactly what we have seen.

Why are you always putting powell down. Im sure they are many players that get on this site and read the post. If they see some of the post you put about them I'm sure they're going to get down on them selves so why do it?
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Why are you always putting powell down. Im sure they are many players that get on this site and read the post. If they see some of the post you put about them I'm sure they're going to get down on them selves so why do it?

What?? I am not putting them down. I am sure any Powell County player who would get on here and read that post you just quoted they would agree with me. Their talent has not been utilized the past couple of years. That is no secret nor is a put down by any means.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Why are you always putting powell down. Im sure they are many players that get on this site and read the post. If they see some of the post you put about them I'm sure they're going to get down on them selves so why do it?

JRS has never put Powell down. Lol. I have really never read a post that he has ever put Powell down. But I do agree with him. The past couple of years we have had outstanding talent. But we just couldn't pull out a region championship. The talent that we will have now, we will do fine.
Their talent didnt go to waste...it just didnt show up on the rite night.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Their talent didnt go to waste...it just didnt show up on the rite night.

Then that would mean that it went to waste, because with the talent they had they should make the region finals the past two years. I am not saying they should have won because that is a hard thing to predict, but with their overall talent the last two years they should have went deep in the regional tournament, and they didn't so it was a waste. I think anyone from Powell would agree.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Then that would mean that it went to waste, because with the talent they had they should make the region finals the past two years. I am not saying they should have won because that is a hard thing to predict, but with their overall talent the last two years they should have went deep in the regional tournament, and they didn't so it was a waste. I think anyone from Powell would agree.

I think the past two seasons Powell has had the talent to either win region, or come close to winning region.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I think the past two seasons Powell has had the talent to either win region, or come close to winning region.

Yea I agree.....
bluegrassballa Wrote:I think the past two seasons Powell has had the talent to either win region, or come close to winning region.

agree as well but man this team will always be loaded with talent good program at powell but has it finally came to a end!!!!!!!!!!
SimplyDis1 Wrote:agree as well but man this team will always be loaded with talent good program at powell but has it finally came to a end!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it's came to a complete halt, but it is definetely going to slow down for a while. I don't look for Powell to have to good of a season for the next few years.
SimplyDis1 Wrote:agree as well but man this team will always be loaded with talent good program at powell but has it finally came to a end!!!!!!!!!!

Powell County has a lot of good young talent 7-9th grades. It's not like they are playing in the 11th region. Pitchers making quality pitches and defense making the routine plays will give you a shot against anyone in the 14th region. I think Lee County proved that by upsetting Powell County this year in the district.
hoot owl Wrote:Powell County has a lot of good young talent 7-9th grades. It's not like they are playing in the 11th region. Pitchers making quality pitches and defense making the routine plays will give you a shot against anyone in the 14th region. I think Lee County proved that by upsetting Powell County this year in the district.

Very true....... 14th Region one of the weakest in the State of Kentucky:igiveup:
SimplyDis1 Wrote:Very true....... 14th Region one of the weakest in the State of Kentucky:igiveup:

I completely agree 100%! By far the weakest in the region, and will continue to be for the next few years.