Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underdog of the 15th
Who may be the Cinderella story of the 15th region?

*Admin. note - please use correct grammar and spelling when typing a post.*
Phelps Hornets and/or East Ridge Warriors. If either wins in the first round, they could be considered cinderellas, mainly because they both won their respective districts as underdogs already.
I don't know if a District winner can be considered an underdog, but I'm going to have to go with East Ridge. They're playing at their home field, and they have a lot of momentum going into the tournament.
I think Prestonsburg and Belfry could make noise throughout the tournament if they can win today. Both are capable of defeating anyone in the region at any time.
Prestonsburg and Belfry both got a favorable draw IMO. East Ridge won't be an easy game for the Blackcats, but who knows? Anything can happen during tournament time.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Phelps Hornets and/or East Ridge Warriors. If either wins in the first round, they could be considered cinderellas, mainly because they both won their respective districts as underdogs already.

Belfry won the 60th, not phelps.
belfry is a definite sleeper team.
when they are on, they're on.
when they're off, they're not wortha lot.
what kind of pitching staff does it look like for belfry?
blackcat_student Wrote:I think Prestonsburg and Belfry could make noise throughout the tournament if they can win today. Both are capable of defeating anyone in the region at any time.

Prestonsburg can't beat a good team. They played the easiest schedule in the state for about the third year in a row. Their coach does this every year to get a bunch of wins, but they can't beat a good team come tourney time...
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Prestonsburg and Belfry both got a favorable draw IMO. East Ridge won't be an easy game for the Blackcats, but who knows? Anything can happen during tournament time.
How do you say Belfry had an easy draw. Explain this to me!!!!
High_Heat Wrote:Belfry won the 60th, not phelps.
yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I typed Phelps, I meant Allen Central.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:How do you say Belfry had an easy draw. Explain this to me!!!!
First of all, I never said their draw as easy. Any team that doesn't have to play Lawrence County until the championship round has a favorable draw, IMO. Favorable is not the same as easy. Johnson Central obviously isn't like they usually are. And I realize East Ridge is playing at their home field with a lot of momentum, I just feel Belfry is the better team. I never said "easy." Go back and look! Belfry is a good team, and considering the teams in the top bracket, I feel their draw was a very good one.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:First of all, I never said their draw as easy. Any team that doesn't have to play Lawrence County until the championship round has a favorable draw, IMO. Favorable is not the same as easy. Johnson Central obviously isn't like they usually are. And I realize East Ridge is playing at their home field with a lot of momentum, I just feel Belfry is the better team. I never said "easy." Go back and look! Belfry is a good team, and considering the teams in the top bracket, I feel their draw was a very good one.
Thank you . Good opinion, I can live with that.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:Thank you . Good opinion, I can live with that.
It's nice to know we can all get along! haha :lmao: